Gregory "Cole" is HERE!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2005, 03:46 PM
ShaysMother's Avatar Veteran
Hello Everyone…

Okay I give everyone of you permission to verbally spank me ….LOL!
I’m really sorry that I didn’t come back and let you ladies know something sooner…but the past six days have just been a blur. ….(and I know I couldn’t come back without pictures.)

As you know or may not know, I was scheduled for an induction on Sep 23rd at 6:00. I was all ready for that, but Mr. Gregory Cole had other things in mind. So it was about 7:00 and My Mom and I were cooking a late dinner. I wanted it to be late because I was told not to eat anything after 12:00. While I was cooking I began to notice some C/x that were different …at first I didn’t pay them much attention. And as they kept coming they started to make my pelvic bones ache. I told Ernie and my Mom and they made me set down. Mom finished dinner and we ate. The c/x were still there. So we all packed up and headed for the hospital… But by the time I got up to L&D the c/x had really let up. The were still coming but with less power…they checked me. And there was no change in my cervix for my doctors visit….still 4cm.

So they monitored me for an hour…witch is what is standard. Then came in and checked me again after and hour and I was a good 5 cm. So I was like yeah… okay. They hooked up an IV and gave me floods and antibiotics (Group B +). The nurse came in and asked if I would like something to help me get some sleep because it would likely be a long night. I said no at first. But we talked about it and I settled for half a dose of Demerol. Witch did the trick. I went to sleep for a time…

They came in again to check me and the nurse asked me about my pain on a scale form 1-10 and I told he that I was still at about a 4 pain wise. She looked puzzled and then She said “let me think on this”. Then the other nurse came in and checked me and was like “yep she’s a good 7...close to an 8.” But I was still not having real hard c/x. I was smiling and cracking jokes …. Everyone was like this is not how you have a baby..

So soon after my water broke on its own and even then the pain didn’t pick up. It wasn’t long after that I was pushing and

Gregory Cole was born Sept. 23rd at 5:59 pm. Weighing in at 6 lbs. 7.5 oz and 20 in. long.
A head full of dark hair and looking just like his father.

And I did it all without any pain medication….WOW! I still can’t believe how easy it really was.

NOTE: The date on my MIL’s camera was wrong…She fixed it latter.

Wife to Ernie ~ age 23
Mother to Shayla ~ age 3
And Cole ~ 8 months
September 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
ShaysMother's Avatar Veteran
a few more pictures...

Wife to Ernie ~ age 23
Mother to Shayla ~ age 3
And Cole ~ 8 months
September 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...he's adorable! Look at all that HAIR!

September 29th, 2005, 04:13 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Congrats! Great birth story.

September 29th, 2005, 06:17 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a cutie!!!
September 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Congrats! He is soooo sweet!

October 13th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Soo Cute!! Girl all I have to say is I hope I can breeze through labor like that!! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search