Brandon Lee's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was told by the Dr on Friday, Sept 23rd that I would be induced on Monday (26th) morning and that I needed to be at the hospital Sunday night at 6pm. I get to the hospital and get settled in and examined and find that I am STILL only 1cm dilated. The dr explained what was going to happen that night and I was told if I had not progressed by 6am I would be going home and coming back the next night to do this all over again. That was my biggest fear. I had already decided that he was coming the next day so I prayed all night it would work. My Dr vaginally inserts the meds next to my cervix to try to help move dilation along at 6:30pm. At 10:30pm another Dr comes in and checks me and I’m still 1 cm and inserted another pill. After that my contractions started but I could talk through them. They got more painful as the night went on. At 4am I got up to use the restroom and had another contraction in there that felt a little different. I walked back to the bed and sat down and my water broke. My contractions were not consistent and they checked me …I was only a 3. They gave me something to take the edge off but it wore off soon. Around 8am I was in unbearable pain but they had only started my pitocin at 6am so they pretty much told me I was being a baby. I threw up and finally said that I felt like I needed to push just so that they would be more concerned. I wasn't really even sure if I did need to push. I was saying things that I wasn't fully aware of which was strange. Three different nurses checked my dilation and “couldn’t find my cervix” only to discover it was because I was more dilated than expected at 8cm. Then they took me seriously and got my epidural…I barely made it. The epidural didn’t hurt at all and was a relief to me. After the epidural they checked me again and I was a 10 and ready to push. At this point my contractions got further apart somehow. Once he was crowning and we were waiting for the next set of contractions, my Dr decided to style his hair so it would come out looking good. LOL. She was really trying to put me at ease. She even talked about some Cosmo article she had read. It was surreal. I pushed for about 20 minutes and had to have an episiotomy. Brandon Lee was born at 9:15am. 6lbs 15oz and 20 inches long. The most amazing moment of my life!!! He has brown hair and his daddy's feet!
September 30th, 2005, 06:11 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Saw his pic on the main October board! What a handsome fella Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

October 13th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
"styling his hair" lol! Congratulations Again!!
October 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
LOL sounds like you had a great Dr.... CONGRATS!!! He is soo cute!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

October 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM
little_hunnyb's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to little_hunnyb Send a message via MSN to little_hunnyb Send a message via Yahoo to little_hunnyb
my doctor was doing the same thing to Sirus "styling his hair" I thought it was adorable...Congrats on ur little guy!
Mom to Sirus 3 years old
Soon to be mom ???
I am hoping for a girl!
6 weeks & 3 days pregnant
October 16th, 2005, 02:55 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Your story reminded me of my own. The nurse made me feel like I was being a baby too because she had just checked me. Congratulations on your baby! Birthday buddy!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search