Elizabeth Grace is Here!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Veteran
I was induced at 5:30am monday. I was at 3 1/2 cm when I got there. The doctor broke my water at lunchtime hoping to jumpstart the contractions. It worked, they got a lot more painful and I soon asked for the epidural, which actually hurt less than the IV in my hand had. By 5pm, I had only dilated 1/2 cm. I got really scared I'd have a c-section. At 7 pm, I was at 9 cm! The epidural totally wore off but there was nothing they could do because it was too late to take effect. I was in lots of pain when they announced I was at 10 cm and the baby's head was 1/2 inch from the opening to my vagina! They called the doctor in and told me not to push, afraid the nurse would have to deliver her. The doctor finally got there and my baby was there 20 minutes later. I got a 2nd degree tear which was incredibly painful without the epidural. But all the pain disappeared when I saw our baby girl. She had a 9 apgar score and was very healthy.

Update: Went to the pediatrician today for her first visit, he thinks she has a hole in her heart and we have to go to a pediatric cardiologist. They should have heard the murmur while we were still in the hospital. Hopefully it will go away on it's own or the pediatrician was mistaken. Please pray for our sweet baby girl to be ok and for this to not be serious. I love our baby girl...

*I just edited so you can see the pics and read the story easier
September 30th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AWWWW! CONGRATS! She's beautiful!

Did it hurt when the Dr. broke your water? I cried when he broke mine because my whole inside was so sensitive down there. And it DEFINITELY kick started the contractions!

OMG - Just read your update...you are in my thoughts.

September 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Shalini's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats..she's beautiful !!

I'm going to be praying that everything works out ok .. let us know what the dr says ...

October 1st, 2005, 02:08 PM
Veteran
No it didn't hurt when the doctor broke my water. But it was definately a strange feeling! And then I tried to walk the halls some more after but ended up waddling back soaking wet. Thanks for your prayers everyone. I know these things can be something very minor so that's what we're hoping for.
October 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Congrats! And prayers for Elizabeth (((HUGS)))

How much did she weigh?

October 1st, 2005, 05:46 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Congrats!! She's so adorable. Sending prayers for Elizabeth Grace. Let us know what the cardiologist says. (((HUGS)))

October 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
What a sweetie!!!

I really hope everything's OK with her heart! You two will be in my prayers!!
October 2nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is precious. I'll keep you in my prayers.
October 6th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Veteran
She was 7 lbs 2 1/2 ounces.

We went to the cardiologist and she has a small to medium sized hole in her heart that they said was probably inherited. My mother-in-law is adopted so we don't know her family history. Anyways, things look really good for her. The doctor said 9 out of 10 times this kind of hole closes, and even if it doesn't, 9 out of 10 times they won't do anything about it and she'll lead a perfectly normal life. She said this is the best heart problem you can have.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It looks like she will be ok. It was just really scary to hear that stuff about your new baby.

Oh and thanks for editing the pics, I didn't mean to put them that big, but then didn't know how to fix it.
October 6th, 2005, 10:23 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I am so glad she will be ok (((HUGS)))

October 7th, 2005, 09:51 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is so beautiful!!! Congrats to you!

October 7th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
Congratulations!!!
She was born on my birthday!!!!
October 13th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad that she's going to be ok! Sorry for posting so very late on this!
September 25th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Veteran
CRY CRY CRY... I just came by to read this on the eve of Elizabeth's first birthday. I can't believe how fast the last year has gone by. Wow. My little baby is a toddler. WAHHHH I'm gonna go cry now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search