Trevor's birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2005, 01:30 PM
boyinsept's Avatar Super Mommy
on tues, sept 27. i had a dr appt, nothing was going on, so my dr said she would induce me weds evening. iI never made it!
I started having cx at our friends house that evening around 5:3o pm. I didn't think much of it, they weren't regular or even that painful. then it's around 11 pm and i'm on the pc and I decided i'd better start timing them, they were about 5 min apart, but i was in denial! about 1 am they did start to get painful. i took a shower and got ready to go to bed to see if they'd stop, NOPE! I was standing in my bedroom trying to decide what to do, my water broke!, it was just a trickle, so i wasn't sure at first, but then the cx started coming with a vengence! i woke dh and said we need to go!
we got to the hospital around 2:30 in the morning, i was dilated to a 2. they made me walk the halls to dilate more. i walked about 1/2 hour and they checked me again, i was a 3. well, i couldn't believe that was it because i was in a lot of pain, i told the nurse i needed something now! so i got my epi about 7 am. OMG! i could never have believed something could take that much pain away! although they had to do the epi twice cause the first time it hit a blood vessel, (and after i got stuck 3 times for the IV) it was well worth it!
it was pretty much smooth sailing from there, i had to have a pit drip cause my cx slowed down after the epi, but for the most part, dh and i slept for about 3 hrs, we had to kick the grandparents out though cause they wouldn't shutup, LOL! about 11 am, they checked me said i was a 7 and we'd be having a baby within the hour! i woke dh and told him. it was amazing watching the monitor, watching those cx, but not feeling anything but pressure near the end!
at 11:45, i told the nurse i wanted to push, which she had told me i wouldn't feel that cause of the epi, i felt it! she turned off the epi and broke down the bed, i was ready to push! dh was so excited! so was i, but i was scared of having to push for hours because of the epi. shouldn't have worried about that! the nurse paged the dr and said we'd do a trial push to see where it'd get me, i pushed thru 1 cx and he was crowning!!! we stopped, dr came in, said push again with next cx, then the head, one more push and here he was!!!! he let out cry and i immediatly burst into tears! dh was so awestruck, he totally forgot about taking pictures till after the nurse reminded him! he cut the cord and followed Trevor to the warmer. I only had 3 tiny stitches!! after all was cleaned up, we held our little boy, Trevor Quentin Dawson, for about an hour and a half, he breastfed and met his grandparents. He was so alert!
so all in all, this had to have been the best birth experience i could have hoped for! he is so precious and beautiful!! i will post pics in forum hopefully later this afternoon! Trevor Quentin Dawson, 12:03 pm, Sept 28, 7 lbs 10 oz, 20 in

</a><embed src="http://w8.photobucket.com/widgets/ImageGrid.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="ffffff" width="360" height="360" name="ImageGrid" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="url=http://w8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/teq89/&name=misty"></embed>
October 2nd, 2005, 03:31 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats hun, Sounds like you had a quite an easy labour/birth once you got your epi!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
October 4th, 2005, 01:52 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, lucky girl! It doesn't sound like things went too badly after the epi was put in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search