Alexa Katelynn

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I finally got my network back up & running, so here's my birth story.

My c-section was scheduled for Saturday, 8am. Due to an unscheduled D&C, it was delayed by one hour, so we sat in the prep room for a while. We got there at 6, and after 15 mins at registration, we were sent to the prep room. So we spent nearly 3 hours sitting there, watching the Hurricane Rita coverage. However, my in-laws showed up at the prep room. I had gotten maybe 1 hour of sleep the night before, and I was kinda on-edge because of the whole surgery thing. So I admit, I wasn't very excited that they were there. So when my MIL decided she wanted my picture, I said no. Talk about pissing her off! She decided that they'd just leave. My husband had to convince her that I wasn't asking them to leave -- I was asking them to not take my picture. So when the doctor comes in to ask those personal questions, I got to answer all of them to my in-laws as well. But that's OK. I dealt with it.

Finally, it was my turn in the operating room. My in-laws went to breakfast, my husband put on the surgical gear he was required, and I walked to the operating room. I got my spinal (way better this time -- the anaesthesiologist ?sp? was REALLY good), and everything was ready. This time, I noticed a big difference in my inability to breathe. While my oxygen sats stayed good, I just felt like I couldn't take a deep breath. So I was glad when my husband was finally allowed in the room. I really needed his reassurance.

Having the scheduled c-section was WAY better than the emergency c-section. This time, the doctors were SO relaxed (joking around, answering their pagers). Alexa was born at 9:23, and man was she pissed. Once they got her on the warming table & stopped messing with her, she fell asleep. Chris finally got to hold her, and they took us to the recovery room.

Here, my in-laws were allowed to come in again, and I got to deal with constantly asking them to leave while the doctors examined me and the baby and I tried to nurse. So, they were already annoyed at constantly being asked to leave, and I was annoyed at not being able to hold my child because they had her. Well, apparently this set them off, and my MIL announced that they were going to leave and they'd see us in a week or two because we obviously didn't want them around (mind you, they live 8 miles from the hospital).

Other than the in-law issues, everything went well. I haven't needed much in terms of pain meds. Alexa's healthy and nursing well. Rachel's doing very well with her as we discover the best ways to keep her involved. We got to go home Tuesday morning, and Wednesday my mom came over & cleaned my house. Friday, my in-laws came over, but things were still pretty strained.

Oh, yeah. Alexa was 7 lbs 6 oz (almost 2 lbs bigger than her sister) and 19 3/4 inches. Eventually, I'll get some pics online.

Thank you SpinkD for my new Siggie!

October 4th, 2005, 01:20 PM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats....

I can't believe how some people think they have the right to hog your child right after you give birth. That first day especially is mommy and daddy time. I think it is pretty selfish for parents to think that they need to hold the baby all the time and make a big deal out of it when they don't get their way. Gesh, as if you haven't been through enough.... I have already put my in-laws in charge of Ayden so they will be out of my hair. LOL....

I'm glad you posted your story. I am going for a repeat C-section on the 17th. I also had an emergancy C-Section the first time and was a little worried about how a scheduled one would go. So far everyone has said there is a lot less pain and stress with it. So, your post helped out a lot.

Get some rest and get a lot of quality bonding time!!!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>
October 4th, 2005, 05:38 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Congrats! Too bad about your inlaws I am so glad my MIL lives far enough away. Since we have an scheduled induction we have told everyone they will hear NOTHING until the baby is born and can arrange to visit when we come home (shhh except for my parents who will be bringing in Elle since they are watching her LOL) My MIL totally hogged Elle and I sort of told her off last time, she would try to calm her when she was crying when all she really needed was to nurse and she would not give her back to me Grrr

So I totally understand that! Glad everything is going well with Rachel too!

October 5th, 2005, 07:12 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Congrats! Sorry about your In-laws.

October 6th, 2005, 10:16 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Oh man!!! I really can't stand in-laws, that's so horrible!!!! Glad your c-section went better than the first one!
October 7th, 2005, 10:54 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your in-laws. That sucks, your hubby should have dealt with that, or did he try? Of course you want that beautiful little baby all to yourself once she is born!! You waited a long time for her!!

I loved my c-section. I thought it was so easy, much easier than a vaginal birth and if I had another (im not) I wouldnt even consider a vbac.

I'm glad your baby is here and doing well!!! Congrats!

October 13th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Sorry about the in-laws! However, glad the scheduled section went smoothly and Congratulations!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search