Brady's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2005, 04:50 AM
lil_mommy's Avatar Veteran
On Monday Oct 3rd I woke up at 630am with a very "warming" feeling, thinking i had "peed myself" i sighed and hurried to the bathroom. At this time I relized that I had not "peed" but indeed my water had broke. Trying to figure out what I was going to do, DH had left already, and works 1.5 hours away, and my Best Friend lives an hour away, and here I am alone with all the kids whom will be getting up for school.... Yikes. I yell for my oldest daughter and she comes in and i told her to get everyone up and told her my water had broke. She let out a OMG and flew into the bedrooms... lol

I got into the living room and called my BF and she 3wayed my to DH's work. "morning Becky is Mike there, " no hunny he hasnt made it in yet" I thought i would die.... I said OH no well plz tell him to call home ASAP my water has broke!" Well, needless to say between Dh and my BF they grew wings and FLEW here. lol They got here 8mins apart from each other. hehe

I still was having no contractions just a general ache, but my back was really bothering me. I called the doc and told him what all was going on and that i had to wait for them to get here plus wait till 730 so that i could get the kids on the bus. He understood an said "Well, you have been through this a few times just be careful and watch for contracctions." My SS whom is 12 refused to go to school, as we had told him that he could take the day off for the induction since it would be a aprroved absent, but since I didnt make it to the induction this would be a counted day off but he didnt care.

At 840 or so we left for the hospital. We got into the room and all hooked up, Shannon my nurse came in and check me i was at 2cm and 30effaced. She did some pc work and i told her i was feeling pressure, she checked again and I was at 3cm 50effaced. She left to called the doc, and returned with, were gonna give you your epi since the anastesha doc is up here. I still at this point really wasnt in a LOT of pain, more just uncomfortable.

After I got the Epi, i went to sleep for 15-20 mins and progressed to 7cms. It was at this time My Wonderful DH had thought lots about the fact that the big brother to be was SOO excited and had been waiting for this day to have a little brother that DH spoke to the doc and may the decision to step out of the room and let Luke stay in. I dont think there is anything in this world that would have made Lucas more happy than knowing he was going to be one of the first people to see Brady!

It was about 145pm and I told shannon that I was feeling lots of pressure and she decided to check me again and i was 9 and fully effaced she left and got the doc, by the time they were back I was ready to push. The got there gowns on and my BF Lisa standing at my side the pushing began, brady was born with 3 pushed aon 1 contraction. It was at this time I didnt think Lucas could be anymore happier, (mind you he stood back far enough so he didnt realy see anything, lol but could hear. But then my doc turn to him and said" Well, big brother you gonna cut the cord, i think Lucas swollowed his heart, and managed to spit out a "ReallY", but the nurse said I couldnt," Doc said, " Well Im the doc and I say you can, come on" and here he came and cut the cord.
Lucas followed Brady over to the Baby station as he refused to let him out of his site LOL....

Brady was 8pounds 2.7 ounces 21 in's long and a very healthy little boy!!

Here is a pic just moments after he was born with his Big brother Lucas

Barbi
SE Ohio

Thanks Rawisner!

October 6th, 2005, 09:10 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Aw! I love that your son was there to share in the experience, and got to cut the cord - that was very generous of your husband to let him do that, and the doc too!! And that he refused to go to school lol Sounds like me when I was younger lol
October 7th, 2005, 07:56 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
That's WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations, Barbi. What a fantastic big brother and an amazingly caring daddy!

October 7th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SarahEB21
Congratulations! I was confused for a second because I kept reading "BF" as boyfriend and I didn't quite understand why there was a DH and a boyfriend in the picture lol. Anyway, congratulations!

October 10th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Me too Sarah! lol!!

I don't know why... but I cried when I read that your husband left so Luke could be there... that is sooo sweet!! CONGRATS!!!!!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

October 10th, 2005, 08:30 PM
little_hunnyb's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to little_hunnyb Send a message via MSN to little_hunnyb Send a message via Yahoo to little_hunnyb
Awesome Story Barbi!!! Congratulations on your new bundle of Joy!
Mom to Sirus 3 years old
Soon to be mom ???
I am hoping for a girl!
6 weeks & 3 days pregnant
October 13th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww What a wonderful big brother! That is such a sweet story! Congratulations again!
October 16th, 2005, 12:57 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
What a great birth story. Congratulations on your son!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search