Log In Sign Up

Lucas makes his entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2007, 05:55 PM
alb1382's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: sitting pretty
Posts: 129
I was due with my son on august 12th, 2005. I had off and on pre-term pains starting in May, but nothing truly threatening. By the time I was at 34 weeks though I was 3cm dialated and 50% effaced. I also had to get an ultrasound around then, as my stomach is short...(this happened with my older one too) and when they measured me I hadn't grown any. I guess the fluid was somewhat low, but not low enough to warrant worry. Finally, on august 4th at 630am (after staying up all night watching HOUSE tapes my mom made for me...lol ) I started having mild contractions. They stopped for a bit around 11am so of course I started bawling and saying how I'd never get to have this baby and I'd be pregnant forever...(his poor dad...)
I lost my mucus plug mostly the day before though, so rationally I knew it couldn't be too much longer. Finally we decided that since I'd been at 3cm...I'd probably gotten to four and they likely let me stay if we went to the hospital. Around 7pm we packed up my daughter and went on our way to his parents house...Thank goodness we did as on the way there the contraction got ten times worse! By the time we got to the hospital I was in full blown labor.
Still though, I was (as we thought) only at 4cm... We did get to stay though (my labor's tend to go soooo slow unfortunately).
The first nurse I had in taking care of me was horrific! She tried three time to get my IV in (and I've got veins the american red cross drools over) and then got huffy when I requested that she allow someone else to try. Then she goes to check my cervix...mid-contraction...now I understand that this may be necessary but I've never had such a painful check in my entire life. I asked her how much longer she'd be there and she said she was leaving in ten minutes. That was great news as I'd have asked for another nurse if she'd been on night shift! The second nurse however, that we got was absolutely amazing! We loved her!
We walked off and on and really it wasn't that bad (especially compared to my daughter's birth...write that later). I finally got to 5cm at midnight and they told me that if I wanted an epidural I needed to get it right then as they had two c-sections coming...I really didn't feel like I needed it then, but I figured better then than never...
They gave me pitocin as well which at one point dropped his heart rate down to 90, and I started to freak out, but thenurse came and checked on us and it jumped right back up...they did lower the amount of pitocin I was getting though.
That epidural worked so well I was asleep at 4am when they came in to check me. They woke me up telling me...you HAVE to wake up! You're at 10cm...it's time to have your baby!
That woke me up too, lemmie tell ya'...lol
I gave one practice push (even without feeling in my legs) and they all started panicking...they kept saying DON'T PUSH ANYMORE! They finally got their gloves all on...lol...and I gave two more pushes and there he was! I got to help clean him off and hold him right away and had absolutely NO stitches!!! He had inhaled some of the fluid, but they took great care of him and he did fine
He looked amazing to me...but honestly he looked so much like a grumpy old man when he was first born...of course I found it adorable though
I did unfortunately get a spinal headache from the epidural, so my two days at the hospital were spent on pain meds and laying down 24/7. The pain meds made him sleepy too and he lost over half a pound!
He was born on August 5th, 2005 @ 4:16am and weighed 7lb 4oz at birth and 6lb 8oz when we left...he felt so tiny to me! NOW of course he's wearing 4T and he's not even two and a half!
Reply With Quote
June 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hesperia
Posts: 9,478
LOL. That's a great story. It's amazing how fast they grow.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0