We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
wow, so this is the first time that i've had time to sit down and post this....
bella and dh and i came home from the hospital today after being there since about 7pm on monday the 3rd.
on monday night chris and i were putting our crib together and all of sudden i noticed that my akles were incredibly swollen, and it had happened in a period of about 5 minutes... so i got concerned. i had one contraction and knowing that i had high blood pressure due to pregnancy i thought it would be a good idea to call the doctor, to at least go in and get my blood pressure checked, and have them look at the swelling. it was past doctors office hours so they told me to go to l&d.
we went and they checked my bp and it was high, and my doctor was concerned about the swelling i guess so she decided that they were going to monitor me overnight and then induce in the morning at 7am. btw i was only 1cm dialated, and barely thinned out so they gave me a cervidill too.
they started pitocen at 7:30am, and for the next couple of hours i started getting contractions....they broke my water at 11:40am to progress me along further. by 3:30 i was getting cx 1 and 1/2 minutes apart and they were so strong that i wanted to push.... the problem was i was only 1 1/2 cm dialated. by the time i hit two cm, i wanted an epidural so bad i couldn't even talk to ask for one. i had to gasp my breath and tell chris quick enough so he could tell the nurses. i finally got one at 4pm and then i labored w/ contractions about 1 1/2 minutes apart until 7pm, got checked and i was only 2 1/2 cm. my doctor was concerned that i wasn't progressing quickly enough, and since she had broken my water at 11:40 and it was already 7pm, she suggested that it was in my and the baby's best interest to get a c-section. i was COMPLETLEY for it, bc i wanted to be OUT of labor.... but i was INCREDIBLY scared and totally unprepared for it. Chris and i prayed together and cried together for the 20 minutes we had before i went into the OR.
i went into the OR and Bella was born 5 minutes later. She was PERFECT.... we cried and cried and thanked God for our little girl that we've been waiting so long for.
I have noticed that i have so many more questions about raising a newborn than i ever expected... i'm sure i'll post some of them the next time i get online.... but we're home now, and adjusting to life.
they never said what the swelling was from. ???? i don't know. but i do know that my left leg is still swollen. they were going to do a doppler on it to see if there is a clot, but it's not painful, so they didn't do it. it's just my left foot, ankle and calf. the swelling in my hands has gone down quite significantly in the last couple of days....
anyway, thanks for the congrats!!!
right now she's sleeping so i got to slip away for a while.
P.S. after 4 days of supplementing my milk FINALLY came in this morning!!! yay