Emmett Elliott has arrived

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
First off let me start by saying had this been my first baby, I would NOT being having another You will see why....

We went in at 7:30AM for our induction, at the hospital my water was broken around 8AM and they had me cruising the halls to see if that would help get things going. Just like my last induction NADA! So we started Pictocin at about 9:30AM, shortly there after I had my epidural even though I was not in any pain. If I did not have it at that point, I would not have gotten one (like it mattered...keep reading) as the Doctor was going to be in surgery for apprx 4-6 hours. After I got it I was jelly legged and relaxed as the contractions came on. They turned up my does after lunch when I started complaining about pain I was feeling down below. Things went fast from there on out. I started losing my mind as I could feel EVERYTHING in the vaginal area (legs and upper tummy still frozen though ) then came the pressure and within like 5 minutes I went from 8-10cm and was ready to go. Unfortunately the epi did NOT take down there and it was pretty much natural from there on out I apologized to my nurses inbetween SCREAMING. Yep, I was that screaming lady on a baby story! I no longer wonder why that lady was screaming! And so inbetween screams I am doing the best I can, but definitely ready to give up. Words cannot describe the pain I was feeling and things got worse when Emmett's heartrate was dipping very low. His head started to cone (still screaming at this point) and then the worse happened...HE WAS STUCK!!!!!! Here I was so looking forward to my cone head (last time I needed the episotomy since Elle's head was not cooperating) and then we have Shoulder Dystocia. Good Lord I would not wish that on ANYONE After she tried to manouver his shoulders out his arm did a "chicken wing" (can you imagine the sounds I was making at this point?) and so on came the world's WORST episiotomy to get this kid OUT All I can say was atleast it was a mediolateral instead of a median and my Doctor was quick about it. It took so long to sew me up and I did not get to hold Emmett right away

I am so glad he is here but that was one rough time I had. I still want one more child, however not too sure about birthing it myself LOL

The recovery has been hard and I am doing the best I can. After being discharged Sunday I was back at the hospital Monday as I could not move without being in excruciating pain from the cut. My WONDERFUL doctor checked me out and gave me some Tylenol 3 and a Penicillen script to ward off against infection. NOw all I am waiting for is to POOP! YES I need to Poop and I don't care who knows it. Constipation sucks.

Today is Emmett's first Doc appt! Adding some pics of our "Big Mac" which BTW is a running joke since in the "What to Expect Book" it says prevention of shoulder dystocia is to keep weight gain to a recommended level which I did LOL I mean if your kid has braod shoulders like this little future football player, I really don't think that extra big mac had anything to do with it LOL

Thank GOD you are OUT! lol
Mini Dan (looks just like my DH!)
Kiss from the Big Sis
The family

October 12th, 2005, 08:51 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Congradulations Christa! Sounds like you had a rough time! Hope things get better for you soon! Enjoy your little Big Mac! He is adorable! What does Elle think of him?

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 12th, 2005, 09:08 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Wow, girl! That cutie gave you a time of it. So glad you're both ok though (except for the whole poopy thing ). He's gorgeous, Christa, and your family is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations! It's good to have you back!

October 12th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Shalini's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Christa ..he is beautiful ! Sorry u had such a rough delivery ..hope u recover soon !!!

October 12th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations to you and your family! Those are great pictures. You have a beautiful family. Sorry you had such a rough time but I'm glad that he's finally here!
October 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Oh wow. ((Hugs)) Christa. My baby was all natural and I was the screaming lady too. LOL. But my girl was about half the size of your boy so I can imagine. (((((Hugs)))) Take it easy hon.

I am so happy that Emmett has finally arrived!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!! He is such a cutie!! Sorry that the delivery was hard, but hope you have a good recovery. Youve got a cute little big mac!
October 12th, 2005, 11:00 AM
nat81
Oh Christa! I'm so sorry you had such a painful labor . Emmit is beautiful and you look great!!! and you have a very nice looking family!

I hope you start feeling better down there and have a good poop!!!

Take care hun and I hope to see you around here when you start feeling better .

October 12th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
christa! we missed you! what a rough labor story! but what a handsome little guy that came of it! get some rest!

October 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
mrobinson
Rest sweetie!! We miss you - but happily... Umm, so labor? Umm... I think I'll have a drink for you...

WHAT A CUTIE!!!
October 12th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
Congratulations again hun. I am sorry you had a rough time, but I glad that you are both happy and healthy. He is just so cute!!! You have an absoutlely beautiful family.
October 12th, 2005, 02:03 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow-thanks goodness its over, hey? I gave birth naturally one time too (not because I wanted to). All I can say is-whoever does it willingly is a major superwoman in my book!! Remembering is enough to give me nightmares!

And how is little Elle doing with her baby bro?

October 12th, 2005, 05:27 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow girlie!!! Glad you are back and on your way to recovery!!! He is so precious!!!!! Both your kids are so cute!!! I hope you can go soon!!! I know the feeling!!!
October 12th, 2005, 05:51 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Glad everyone is ok. You have a stunning family!

October 13th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
CONGRATS!!!!!! He is beautiful!!! What a nice looking family you have.

Is that cartoons I see in the background? LOL! Sorry you had such a rough time!! (((HUGS)))

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

October 13th, 2005, 07:13 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
First off thanks Ladies! And yes I have always had respect for those who do it natural (although I can't understand why you woul want to!) and now there is a whole new meaning LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by SavaAngel@Oct 12 2005, 10:51 AM
What does Elle think of him?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

She is doing pretty good. Only acting up a little, but for the most part she ignores him and does her own thing LOL She does love to hold him, but we have to be careful as she wants to walk around with him! I just hope I can manage the two when I am alone next week!

October 13th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Wow Girl! So sorry to hear about the epi not taking!! Rest up! Your pics are fantastic...such a great looking family! And I must say, if you haven't already, I think you should hit up McDonalds asap!! You deserve it!
October 13th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Congrats!!!!! He is adorable and I love the picture of the four of you!!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search