Jalynn Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2005, 08:37 PM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I am going to make this kind of to the point. I'm not too good at story telling.

Arrived at the hospital at 6 am on Monday the 10th for a scheduled induction two days before my due date. Not because of any problems, just because my doctor said that the baby was full term, and felt that it was time to go ahead and have her.

Of course it took about 30 minutes to fill out the paperwork, hook me up to the moniters, and start the IV with the anti biotics for the GBS.

At 6:30 I was told to go into the bathroom and give myself an enema. That was a little different cause last time they did it for me. I was afraid that I didn't do it correctly because not much came out. But in the end I didn't poop during delivery, so I guess I did do it right.

At 6:55 the nurse started the pitocin drip and checked my cervix, I was at a 2, and she said the babies head was high.

At 7:00 my doctor came in, broke my water, put in the internal monitor, and checked me. I was between a 2 and 3 and 50% effaced.

My contractions were hurting me around 8:00 but they were bearable. Finally at 9:10 I decided I didn't want to go through much more pain. I was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart, so I ordered the epidural.

9:35 I finally got the epidural.

10:00 I was checked and was between a 3 and 4. I was sure I was further along than that, because those contractions were so hard.

I begain to feel the pain again pretty bad, especially on my right side. And my legs had not gone numb hardly at all. I still had complete movement in my right leg. I told my nurse....well actually she saw me gripping the bars on my bed, and heard me moaning. She asked if I was feeling my contractions, and I cried when I told her yes. So she called the anistesiologist and they said for her to check me again before they would come back and give more meds or figure out why I was still feeling everything.

So at 11:30 I was checked and was at 7 cm. YEAH YEAH YEAH progression, but so much pain!!!

When the anistesiologist finally got in there, I said "what do I do if I feel like I need to push?" The pressure was so bad, it was like my legs wanted to just fall to the sides and push her out.

11:50 the nurse checked me and said "call the doctor, we are about to have a baby"

Doc came in at 11:53 (his office is connected to the hospital).

I pushed roughly around 15-20 times and she was born at 12:03 p.m.

The only neat thing about the epi not taking on one side was that I knew when to push. They didn't have to tell me. I could feel the contraction and I beared down on my own and pushed. I was and am still so amazed at the relief I felt just as soon as the shoulders were out.

She was 8 lbs 0.1 oz (we're just saying 8 lbs even)
20 1/4 " long
Head was 13 3/4

Here is a link to her hospital pics

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/ba...RLID=5Y2Q5X0N1Z

I will add some pics tomorrow when I get the scanner hooked up.

<div align="center"></div>
October 14th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SarahEB21
Congratulations, she's gorgeous! I'm glad everything went well for you!

October 16th, 2005, 12:41 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Congratulations! She is so pretty!!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 16th, 2005, 08:12 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So cute!! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search