I can see my feet again!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2005, 04:56 PM
ActiveDutyMami's Avatar Veteran
I've been feeling very strong contractions since Sunday...plus I was bleeding. But I refused to go back to the hospital for a little bit of spotting, so I thought I wait it out a little bit. A few days roll by, and I have to pee literally every 10 minutes, and my contractions were getting stronger,, plus the bleeding hasn't stopped. So finally on Thursday 13 September, I decide it was time to call L&D to see if it was worth me going to the hospital. According to the capitan, it was, so I hastily packed my bag, and the babies just in case, My landlord had to drive me because I have no car and none of my friends were available One of my favorite docs was working that night and she told me he was head down and I was 3 cm dilated, so I was admitted, then the next morning I was 4 cm, so I stayed so they could observe me. At that time I was ready for this baby to come, so when the next doctor asked me if I wanted to have the baby (Friday 14 September) eagerly said heck yes. The baby was coming this week anyway so I thought a day or two earlier wouldn't matter. I talked to the NICU doc and he assured me that Jalen would be fine so I was induced. The pitocin wasn't as bad as everyone described it. I slept through it. But I was feeling some pain in my back, it was probably more the bed than the contractions, so the nurse hooked me up with some meds that had me high as heck. Then 20 minutes later she asked if I wanted an epidural, and I said yes, please. I was high when she asked. I didn't really need it, I was just fearing pain in the upcoming hours.

After the epidural, I couldn't feel anything, so I went back to sleep. And the next morning, another doc checked my cervix and I was only 5cm dilated, so he broke my water, and an hour later I was pushing. I pushed for 17 minutes and out popped Jalen at 1106. I couldn't believe that he was mine. First he doesn't look anything like me (people say we have the same ears) and second I was and still am in total shock!

Bad news: Lil Jalen will be in the NICU till next Sunday because he has RDS. A lot of premmies get it. He has fluid in his lil lungs, poor thing. But he his doing so well. I'm so proud of him.

Breast-feeding is hard! I have to give my boobs a pep talk everytime I pump!

I'll have pics next week! Promise. He opened his eyes for his dad this morning, and tonight he had his eyes open for a while. He has the cutest lil eyes, I miss him,

I haven't rested well since he was born yesterday. With all the pumping and stuff. This is just the beginning! Goodness.

October 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
jalen

</div>
October 17th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your birth story. I can't wait to see pictures!

October 17th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics of Jalen

October 17th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations for your baby boy! Thanks for sharing your story with us and I can't wait to see pictures.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
October 17th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm so glad that everything went okay. I hope everything continues to do well, and that he gets to come home real soon!!

October 17th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your birth story. Take care
October 18th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!
October 19th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good delivery! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!! Enjoy him and keep us posted on how he is doing!
October 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story!

-Kristin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search