Ava Lynn's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2005, 10:10 AM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, while Ava is asleep and Ayden is in town with mom, I’ll finally get to post Ava’s birth story. I tried to make it breif.... but it didin't work. LOL

Nothing too exciting.

Went to my regular appointment. Told him about the bloody show that I was loosing slowly for four days and some contractions that were pretty strong and some painful, but never regular. He checked me and said, you are 4 cent. and 50% effaced. “When was the last time you took your meds?” (My blood thinners). I told him I forgot to take them that morning. He said “GREAT!” meet me in my office. I walk into his office to hear him talking to L&D that I was to be admitted right away and have my c-section. I was in shock. No husband… no hospital bags… starving and thirsty. I wasn’t even having real pain with my contractions that I could tell. I was however having a lot of back pain which has been really normal for me for the whole pregnancy.

4:00PM
I get to L&D and they hook me up to the monitor. Immediately they see that I am having strong contractions at 2 and 3 minutes apart… HUH??? what’s wrong with me?.. Why can’t I feel them? About an hour and a couple hundred questions later I start to feel the contractions, still bearable though. Never got any regular pain meds. The anithesiologist…bad spelling.. came in and told me that he would like to do a general anithisflakjdfla…. you know what I mean…. put me to sleep… because with the threat of blood thinning medication still in my body he was worried that I might bleed in my spine and be paralyzed afterwards. I told him I understood because I had researched it all already.

6:30PM begin prep for C-section. Get shaved… bla…..they put me on a table about 1 and a half foot wide. LOL…naked from the waist down and my arms strapped out to my sides (so they don’t fall off the table they said) LOL… Sooo humiliating. All the doctors were absolutely wonderful about it and just went on like I wasn’t experiencing my most embarrassing moment in my life.

I have no idea when they actually put me to sleep. I can’t remember them even telling me they were going to do it. But at the beginning he said they wouldn’t put me to sleep until they told me… so I’m sure he did.

I remember nothing of the surgery of course. As soon as I woke up, I remember hearing my name, and then BAM! I felt every bit of pain from my c-section. I was screaming but I couldn’t open my eyes and they kept telling me to calm down that they were trying to get me some more meds. They didn’t know why I woke up feeling the pain. But it was horrible. All I could manage to get out was, “Pain! Pain! Pain!” I was so drugged up and it was so hard to tell them where and how bad it hurt. Once things got calmed down the nurse told me that everything went wonderful except the end when I woke up. The baby was beautiful and was 8 lbs 12.4 oz., 20 inches long, and had a lot of hair, born at 7:58 PM Oct 12, 2005.

She scored an 8 and then a 9.

I wasn’t awake until about 9:00 I think.. awake enough to know what was going on. I remember my husband coming in and taking my hand some time through that. He didn’t get to make it to the birth.. but since I was put to sleep he wasn’t allowed in anyway.

I had to cough up a bunch of gunk from having a tube down my throat though. That hurt soooooo bad!

I finally asked to see my baby. I could hold my eyes open around 10:00. They wheeled her in and I asked if someone could get her for me and bring her over. I had not even laid eyes on her yet. Well, my MIL picks her up and starts showing her to everyone in the room. At this point I was very mad! I yelled, “NO, I have not even seen her. Bring her to me!” And she did and we didn’t get separated again till the nurses came in to do assessments.

Other than the nurses taking her to do the assessments every once in a while, I had her the whole time. It was so nice. They kept asking me if I wanted to rest and they would take her to the nursery. I told them no.

I’m having to supplement with bottle formula and breast feed. Baby does wonderful breast feeding. However, my boobs just are not cooperating at all. I am doing some what better but still not making much milk. This is what happened with Ayden too. So, we BF first, Ava gets really mad and refuses to participate, bottle feed a little, and back to breast and she latches on perfect and eats till she falls asleep. I feel better that I can at least do that and it isn’t dry as a bone as it was with Ayden.

I was admitted 4:00pm on the 12th and I left at 7:00pm the 14th. Would have left earlier but the nurses in the nursery did not know I was leaving and didn’t have all the hearing and other tests done on Ava yet, so we had to wait. The C-section was at 7:58pm on the 12th. By 5:30AM on the 13th I was up and walking. I did so much better this time around!

All of my doctors and nurses were absolutely wonderful! Ava is very healthy and her cord actually fell off this morning. She has her fist doc appointment tomorrow.

I had three appointments Monday. One for diabetes, then to get my staples out… which felt really strange…. and then another to start my coumodin (sp) (blood thinner). I have to go back tomorrow for my blood levels as well… bla… it’s a 1.45 hour drive….. for a five minute test. LOL…..

Anyway, we are doing great! So glad the pregnancy is over, but I’d like to have some free time back already.. She’s is awake a lot now! Ayden is absolutely wonderful with her already. A little possessive over her, but always wants to pick her up, or give her hugs and kisses, so we have to watch him pretty closely.

That’s it….pretty normal C-Section and everyone is doing great.

Daddy (asleep) and Ava early morning. Daddy acted like he was soooo worn out from it all. LOL...

I didn't get a lot of good pictures of her at the hospital. She spent most of the time all wrapped up anyway because we couldnt' get the room warm enough.

I just thought this was cute. Daddy and Ava watching TV.. Well Ava is comfortablly sleepling. Thought she looked like she was posing like a model. LOL....

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>
October 20th, 2005, 11:26 AM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!

I noticed her pic in your siggy on the debate boards yesterday. Glad I found your story! Thanks for sharing That's so cool! Sorry hubby couldn't be with you and MIL had a strange moment, but other than that it sounds like all went well. I'm so happy for you.
October 20th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
she is beautiful and the part about waking up after the c-section in pain pain pain...I totally feel ya..I woke up the same way my stomach was killing me...
congrats to you...and your family

October 20th, 2005, 10:47 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Awwww! She's so beautiful!! That must have been disorienting, being knocked out. lol
October 29th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Veteran
Congratulations. Your kids are just beautiful! I love Ava's striped pants.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search