KC's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2005, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SarahEB21
Monday morning, October 17th at about 3:10 my water broke and it was off to the hospital. We got there about 4:30 and were admitted right away. I wasn't having any regular contractions, so I was started on pitocin. I don't remember exactly when that was, probably around 7. I was at a 2 when I got there and it took quite awhile for me to start progressing. I really don't remember times, but I got an epidural fairly early on, at about 3 cm...I could tell by then that I was going to want one, and even though I could handle the pain at that point, I figured that I might as well get the epi then if I was going to be getting one eventually. Anyway, I waited and waited and really wasn't in much pain at all and started pushing around 8:15 pm. I pushed for about 2 hours with some progress, but at a certain point the progress kind of stopped for a couple of different reasons. First of all, he was quite big, plus my symphisis pubis(sp?) was hooked and I was having a hard time pushing him past the hook. Also, he had been posterior at one point and had started to turn, but didn't make it all the way..so he has quite a bruise on his head from trying to come out kind of sideways. Anyway, after the 2 hours of pushing my epi came out and they didn't know it. Someone came in to turn it down so I could feel where I was pushing from a little better, but they didn't notice it was out at that point. So, I started feeling everything and was in quite a lot of pain for another 2 hours of pushing. That was not fun in the least bit! They didn't realize the epi had come out until they went to turn it back up since I was in so much pain. It's really easy to forget the end result when you're in that much pain! Anyway, once the Dr. finally got into the building he decided that it was time to give up and go in for the C-Section, which I was definitely ready for at that point!

So, he was born at 12:36 AM on Tuesday, October 18th. He was 9 lbs. even and 22 1/2 inches long. He scored a 9 on his first Apgar and a 10 on his second..he's healthy as can be and doing great! Thanks for all the ELV even though they didn't really work so well

October 21st, 2005, 08:32 PM
Veteran
Wow, sounds like you had a rough time with all of that pushing! I know how you felt, my epidural quit on me too. The apgar scores were really good though! Congratulations!
October 22nd, 2005, 07:13 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Congrats! I had a bad episode with a non working epi too! and Emmett was also 9lbs Can't wait to see pics of your little fella!

October 23rd, 2005, 11:47 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Congrats again!!! Sorry your epi didn't work out! lol They forgot to turn mine off until the doc was stitching me up, so I was numb for like, days (not really).
October 28th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Veteran
Sorry about all the pushing!! I completely understand the relief taht comes when the doctors make that final decision, though.

What a big boy! Congratulations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search