Emma Rose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Corey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Where do i begin? ok Thursday was my last appointment where she stripped my membranes one more time. i started to feel some cramping not long after. she had me go up to the prenatal assessment to hook me up to the monitor for awhile. the lady up there even said i'll probably go into labor before monday. Sure enough, all that evening i had contractions. They gradually got more uncomfortable and closer together. but i waited until about 5 am before i woke up my husband and called L&D. they were still bearable, but getting worse. DH called our arranged ride to the hospital and said "its time!" lol our 2 year old ended up just staying with us, she really wasnt too bad. they had me hooked up to a monitor to see if i really was in labor, but just my luck, it was shift change so i had to wait for an hour and a half before someone would check me to see how dilated i was. "pray for 4 cm." the nurse said. sure enough, i was at 4 and completely thinned out. yippee!! by now i was really starting to hurt so they put me in a room and sent for the anesthesiologist. who was reallly busy so it took 3 LONG hours before he was able to get to me! and then once he got the needle in he had trouble getting the catheter in the right spot so i was sitting there hunched over having contractions trying to sit still and be patient. finally he got it in and i started feeling some relief. not long after it was in my dh was watching the monitor and some of my contractions were like back to back and off the charts! i got it just in time it seems. they put me on some oxygen cause Emma's heart rate was dipping just a little, but it was ok. my heart rate was erradic too, they seemed kinda concerned, but it straitened out. that was kinda scary. i was so tired by now i got some much needed rest. this was about 11 am or so. Chloe fell asleep on the couch in the room for about 3 hours. at about 4 oclock, they checked me and i was at 10, so we did some practice pushes. i could feel some slight pain and some pressure. the nurse went ahead and got the doctor. i could feel her coming down with every push; it just made me want to push even harder, i was so excited. Chloe was standing next to the bed and started to cry, i think she was overwhelmed by everyone in there and confused, but she was fine when DH picked her up to see Emma. she was completely fascinated with her.

i still cant believe i pushed for only 8 minutes! she flew out, lol. she had some bruises on her face that have pretty much disappeared, but they said its a result of her being born so fast! i didnt get to hold her for about a half hour cause they were concerned about the way she was crying but she ended up fine. she weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. 21 inches long. she has a strange color of hair, dark but when the light hits it its blonde, they were saying she had hightlighs, lol. i refer to it as dark blonde. and she is such a good baby! hardly cries, just when she's hungry or needs changed. sleeps so well. i'm so happy. and big sister Chloe just loves her. she's been a big help so far. i will post some pics later tonight!

October 26th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Veteran
We had our babies on the same day!!!

Congratulations!
October 26th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Corey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Hey cool! congrats to you too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search