Brayden Stuart and Carter John

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Toban's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got called on Tuesday to go in for my induction at 7:30 pm. By 9:00, I was hooked up to an oxytocin drip, and was having very mild contractions. At 12:15, my water broke on its own, and THEN things got rolling! At 1:00 the anaesethesiologist (how the hell to you spell that??) arrived. It was a student (who had a supervisor with him) who took THREE tries to get the line in! Holy crap that hurt!!! I was still only about 2 cm at this point. I rested but didn't sleep after that - but at least I felt no pain. I did, however feel a squeezing feeling, that I didn't recognize at 4:30 - the nurse checked and I was fully dilated, and the baby was right there!! So, they rushed me down to the OR ( they do that as a prevention with twins) without even pushing in the room, and my doc met me there.

At 5:00, I started pushing, and at 5:22, on October 19, Brayden Stuart was born. They broke my water for Carter and could see a cord beside his head, so they got the forceps (after a bit of a panic), and yanked him out! Carter John was at 5:34. I wouldn't have torn in they didn't use the forceps, but I also had not enough energy left to push out another baby. Both boys scored VERY high on apgar scare (9,9 for Brayden and 8,9 for Carter) Many nurses told my how lucky I was to have my doctor, as most other docs would have been scared into a c-section. He is so experienced, and knew just what to do in the least invasive way he could.

The first day was a haze - tests, monitoring me and the boys, IV, catheter, visitors who I was too tired to see, and learning how to nurse two babies at once! Both boys had low blood sugar and temperatures, so I had to try to feed them naked, and frequently on the first day.

On the 2nd night, they had a 3 hour crying fit, so I asked the nurses to keep them in the nursery, telling them that I now have 4 kids, and would like some sleep, as I wouldn't be getting any at home! In the middle of the night, they figured out why Carter was so fussy - his weight was getting pretty low. So, the next morning, we started a routine of nursing for 20 minutes, bottle feed 1 ounce of formula, and then pump for 20 minutes to stimulate my milk. What a lot of work! But, it did work. That night my milk did come in, Carter's weight recovered, and they let us come home yesterday.

I do have pictures, and I promise to post them tomorrow!

Shell
October 23rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! How much did they weigh?

October 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats on your twin boys!
October 23rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChristaT@Oct 23 2005, 09:15 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! How much did they weigh?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Oops! They each weighed 6.3 lbs and Brayden was 19 inches, and Carter was 19.5 inches.
October 24th, 2005, 11:26 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow-they both weighed exactly the same? Cool!
Yay-I am so happy that things went smoothly for you.
Do they look alike? Did they do any tests to determine if they are identical?
They did some kind of test to my babies placentas and determined that mine are NOT identical. I didnt ask for it-it must have been somethign they just normally do. I cant wait to see the pictures!!!

October 24th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cindymat@Oct 24 2005, 12:26 PM
Wow-they both weighed exactly the same?* Cool!
Yay-I am so happy that things went smoothly for you.
Do they look alike?* Did they do any tests to determine if they are identical?
They did some kind of test to my babies placentas and determined that mine are NOT identical.* I didnt ask for it-it must have been somethign they just normally do.* I cant wait to see the pictures!!!
[/quote]

They were 1 gram different, but when converted to pounds, it amounts to the exact same. They look very similar, but not alike. they have sent my placenta off to a pathology lab to do the same test. Apparently they do it automatically, but that it will take weeks to find out.
October 25th, 2005, 06:21 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine look more and more alike every day!! Sometimes I look down and dont know who I am feeding. Thank goodness there is still the 1 lbs weight difference so I can tell whose who when I compare them side by side.

I cant wait to see your baby pics!! How are big sisters doing??

October 27th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Veteran
They are so big!!! I am always surprised you made it so far with a twin pregnancy and I think you're one of the few I've heard of delivering twins vaginally.

Moms of twins impress me with the hectic schedule that comes with having two little babies. Congratulations!
October 29th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cindymat@Oct 25 2005, 07:21 AM
Mine look more and more alike every day!!* Sometimes I look down and dont know who I am feeding.* Thank goodness there is still the 1 lbs weight difference so I can tell whose who when I compare them side by side.

I cant wait to see your baby pics!!* How are big sisters doing??
[/quote]

That has happened to me, too! I kept Brayden's hospital band on, so I can reach down and check his ankle to be sure.

Big sisters just love their brothers. I have noticed that they are extra tired, too. We are trying to keep their routines the same, and trying to give them extra attention whenever we can.
October 29th, 2005, 11:07 AM
The nurses I had after deliver were all surprised, too. I was asked more than once how my incision was - and I said no incision, just stitches from tearing. I think I was treated extra special because of that. I think they imagined how tired I must have been after pushing out two babies! (I was, believe me!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search