Miss Eden's Early Birthday!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is the story on how Miss Eden decided she was coming home.

Thursday September 29th about 9:15p.m. I lay in bed watchin tv. I started to feel these pains coming and going. "Oh geesh what is that" I thought. I'm not going to lie, it did cross my mind that maybe they where contractions but I thought, "no way I'm not due till Nov. 6th!" Then I started to feel like I wanted to throw up. So I thought that maybe dinner had upset my stomache. After a few minutes I deciede to head to the restroom and sure enough I really went to the bathroom (sorry TMI) I started to feel better and thought, "oh ya, I way ate too much I guess and my stomache was definitly just upset" But then I started to feel like I wanted to throw up too. So I sat on the pot and my sink is so close that I had my chin at the brim of the sink throwing up at the same time! LOL (sorry sorry TMI). Then I thought "omg is my body getting rid of everything and preparing to have this baby!?" but then again I was calm and thought, "no way, too early!" As I threw up another time, I felt a big gush. But I thought "ok, that must have been pee, cause hey I sneeze sometimes and pee alittle cause the baby is squishing my bladder" I think I was trying to convince myself that this baby couldn't be coming early, but I knew that gush was pretty big. It wasn't till I felt better and got up from the pot to turn around and flush I noticed blood. My thought, "oh no, this isn't good, DANG IT!" I thought maybe it is from my bottom and not the vagina. I wiped and sure as chit, it was from there! Oh no! I got up calmly walked to the hall and yelled for David who was in the back yard at the time. I called for him a couple of times before he came in. He said, "what?" I siad, "uh, I think I need to go to the hospital. "Why" he said. "Well I'm bleeding and that is definitly not ok", I told him. "So what are you saying? You dont' think your having the baby?! You can't be you aren't due and we aren't ready!", he said kinda freaked out. LOL "Well I dont' know, but I don't think bleeding is good David", I told him. I decided to call my SIL and she said, "oh crap your going to have the baby early like you had Kane!" (see my last son was born 2months early, my water actually sprung a leak at 3months early) she laughed. I said, "shut up!" and she said , "well call your Dr. and see what he says". I called my Dr. and he siad he'd call the hosp. and for me to go down so they can check me out. I called back my SIL and told her. She asked if I wanted her to pick me up and take me. I asked David what he wanted to do, but he was adamit about me not having the baby, he said no way that we could have this baby early. He was convinced that everything would be ok cause we weren't prepared and he thought they'd definitly send me home. Our 2boys were asleep so he decided he'd stay home w/them and I could call when I got word from the nurses.

So I changed and waited for my SIL. I'm so dumb, I just went w/the clothes on my back and didn't even atempt to pack a bag. I guess in some way I thojght the same way as my husband.

My SIL came and as I got into her car, I felt a gush gush. OH ya I knew, she laughed and laughed at me and said, "your going to have the baby you dork!" LOL "very funny!" I said, "oh shoot i'm going to get your car wet" she siad she had some paper towels in her glove compartment and I should stick them in my pants. LMAO so I did.

We got to the hosp. and they where expecting me. The nurses asked me to go into the restroom and pee in a cup and change into a gown. They asked about the fluid that was leaking, but I had little info. I told them every thing I had just told you all. Then as I came out of the restroom and leaned up against the bed ready to get up and lay down for the exam I stood there saying "uh, oh oh oh" as clear fluid run down both of my legs. My SIL stood laughing and I did too. One nurse grabbed something that I guess was a test strip to test the fluid to see if in fact if was amniotic fluid. She rubbed in on my one of my legs the fluid was running down and she said, '"oh ya it is your water, your going to have this baby girl" LOL We called my husband and told him what they said and he still was in denial. I think we had to call him a few times. The nurses called my Dr. then informed me that we would be having the baby by c-section (which I knew) sometime in the early early moring, unless things turned a different route. I told David and we decided he should just stay w/the boys until it was time for me to get preped for surgery. No point in just coming to sleep in an uncomfortable recliner while I just lay there. My SIL was going to stay, and she did till about 2am, then she asked if I minded if she went home to try to get some sleep, which was totally ok w/me. So I layed in the hospital bed w/the baby monitors on my and an IV in my hand, in complete awh that I was having the baby on what was suppose to be my last day of work before starting maternity leave. LOL

Dr. came about 5:30am and checked on me and informed me that I would be preped for surgery at 6:30am. I called David, he got ready and my mother got ready to go over to my house to stay w/our boys. He arrived and they took me to the operating room.

I told my Dr. that I wanted him to not narrate to me what he was doing and that the only thing I wanted him to say was "It's a boy or It's a girl" Oh, and I did ask that he give me a tummy tuck at the same time. LOL I got my spinal and they layed me down in that cold room. David was let in and I started to get really nervous. Which surprised me cause I had been through this 2x's before. I layed there feeling a bit woosy. David just kept staring at me. Finally I heard a cry and I said, "what is it, what is it!" I heard those perfect words, "IT'S A GIRL!" Oh how happy I was! I asked "is she ok, let me see" I seen them take her and clean her off. I watched. David showed me to her then the nurses took her to the nursery to do all that exam work and stuff. David went w/her and I stayed to finish up.

After the operating room I went to the recovery room for about 1hr. See the spinal numbs you from the breast area down. They have to make sure everything is ok and that you are coming out of the anesthsia well. I was bumbed cuase I didnt' get to hold my baby right away or even see her right away. Finally the hour past and I was able to move my legs and stuff. They took me to the room I would be spending 3 nights in. When I go into the room David, my 2boys and SIL sat there w/the baby! The where so excited and I finally got to hold her! Oh she was so Beautiful! Look just like her brothers!

She slept w/me every night in the hospital.

That is Miss Eden's story.

</a></a>

<p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Love you too much David!</font>
</p></center>

October 26th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rileykidsmom
awwww! So glad it turned out well! Took you long enough to post the story, huh? lol
October 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How sweet! I've got tears in my eyes from reading it! Congratulations again on your beautiful baby girl.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
October 26th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Super Mommy
How Sweet!!! Congratulations

October 26th, 2005, 02:29 PM
LalaMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! Congrats!!!!!

My Webpage
October 26th, 2005, 03:03 PM
_Rebecca_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a fantastic story. She shares my birthday. Happy birthday little Eden. Congradulations on having the baby girl you wanted so much!
October 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again! Thanks for posting your story!

October 27th, 2005, 07:35 AM
~*Melanie*~
CONGRATS IVRIE! Thanks for finally posting Eden's birth sotry-- and thanks for cracking me up in the process, you are so funny! I am happy everything went so well and that little Miss Eden is so healthy!
October 28th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATULATIONS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search