Conner Graham's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wednesday night around 8:00 (39wks 1 day) I started losing lots and lots of mucous and started cramping. Called midwife to let her know; confirmed it was bloody show so I started preparing house and picking up (since it would be a homebirth). Called midwife by 10:30 to let her know labor was getting painful. Midwife and RN showed up around 11:30/midnight. Checked cervix and I was 5 cm dialated. I labored in bathtub for a couple hours. By 3:00 was back in my bed. At 3:30 a.m. was ready for her to check again and I was complete (with a little bit of a lip). Pushed with my next contraction and broke my water. Squatted for a while and learned how to push. After about an hour of hard pushing Conner had progressed enough that she could see a fist coming out next to his face. So along with his 14 inch head we had a hand. He came out with a scream and LOTS of blood. I was a bleeder so they immediately had me on an IV and pit to get my uterus contracting. The bleeding eventually stopped but my midwife had to feel all around (hurt like h*ll) and found I had a ruptured blood vessel as well giving me TONS of pressure on my posterior. Anyway, after getting the IV in and stopping the bleeding I was able to feed Conner for an hour, then they stitched me up (2nd degree tear, 2 side tears and one up top) OW.., then took a bath with baby and finally was able to lie in bed and watch Conner.

It is day 4 and I'm feeling MUCH better. The homebirth was awesome, short labor and you REALLY do forget the pain afterwards. You can do it women!! Congrats to those of you that have and Good luck to the rest
October 30th, 2005, 10:08 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
What an awesome sounding birth, aside from the stitching. Congrats again, enjoy your babymoon!

October 30th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooppss...

Birth weight: 8 lbs 6 oz
Length: 22 inches
October 30th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a story! Congratulations on your healthy baby boy, and on following through with the birth plan that you wanted!

October 31st, 2005, 06:48 AM
Tricia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

October 31st, 2005, 08:25 AM
Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS

October 31st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
October 31st, 2005, 02:02 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
Congratulations... I'm so glad that it all worked out the way you wanted it...

Can't wait to see pics!

-Kristin
November 8th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! The bleeding would have scared me... glad your midwife was able to stop it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search