Mason Lucas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2005, 08:50 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
We went in at 8am and started pitocin right away.. they wanted to break my water right away too, but they thought his head was still too high so they didn't want a prolapsed cord or anything. I was dilated to almost 3 before we got there so they just let me go at it... I hung out and watched TV and my water broke on it's own at 1:20. How gross is that part?? eww LOL

After that my cx were HARD. I was in pain, but wanted to wait on the epidural.. but I was still just at a 4 and hurting pretty bad, so I had them place the order for the drugs! Here's where the fun starts LOL.

After they placed the epidural catheter in (which really didn't hurt!) they did testos (sp?) which is where they pull back on the needle a little to see if blood backs up. Well I guess no blood backed into mine, but they hit something wrong and I almost passed out. I got SUPER dizzy and couldn't hear anything and I was shaking uncontrollably. They said they hardly ever see it actually happen but it scared the HELL outta me! I started crying and they had to replace the needle... well it worked this time but it also hurt really really bad. I know it doesn't sound so bad, but I was sooo scared. Especially when the nurse rushed over to listen to Mason's heart moniter thing. The whole process took like an hour.

Anyway so that was ok but I still had the shakes for a couple hours... well after that I rested for a while and was ready to push around 7pm. I had SO much pressure and could move my legs this whole time.. and I felt my catheter so I reached down and touched my vagina and I could feel everything. So my epidural worked.... just not in my vagina let me tell you about some pain! The only thing I couldn't feel was my cx.. well I pushed for a total of an hour and a half (feeling the whole thing) I screamed my little head off! I swear everyone in the state heard me! I kept wanting to give up, but Adam and my sister were great and kept me going. I got an episiotomy (not fun when you can feel it- even after the local anistetic) but I can't even feel it anymore.

There was meconium so they had to suction him when just his head was out (owww) and they took him right to the warmer so I didn't get to hold him. I was freaking out and kept asking for my baby and they FINALLY brought me my beauty about 10 minutes later. Mason Lucas entered this world at 8:26 PM on October 28th.. weighing a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz which came out of NO where.. Adam and I were both under 7 lbs full term.

Well there were a lot more details obviously lol but I can't think of them all.. I am a little bit tired. Breast feeding is tough. My milk came in today, so that helps... but he's such a big boy that he's so hungry and I didn't have enough to feed him. I had a home nurse come out today and she showed me how to supplement with a cup and formula. He is down to 8lbs 8 oz so we want to get his weight back up there. Anyway, here are a couple pics of my sweet perfect angel.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

October 31st, 2005, 09:01 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a cutie!!!

wow they made you push for an hour and a half too??

Congrats!!!
November 1st, 2005, 12:18 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Wow! I think we had the same labor (but for the epidural trouble at first). Mine did not work down there either and I was yelling like you would not believe!

Congrats!!!!! He is soooo sweet!

November 3rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds horrible!!
Your big guy is so cute!!! He has chubby cheeks already!

November 5th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Veteran
Wow I'm glad you finally had him! How late were you in the end? I had the same problem with the epidural. It didn't work right and I felt everything pushing. THAT IS SOME SERIOUS PAIN! Except I tore and didn't have anynumbing stuff down there. OUCH! He's really cute! Congrats.
November 6th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
I was exactly a week over my due date...
thanks girls- I am totally head over heels!!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

November 6th, 2005, 11:02 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Aw! That sucks about the epi!

I had the same thing with the meconium, so disappointing to not be abe to hold her right away.

Glad he's finally here!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search