Daniel Tucker Mills

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2005, 05:02 AM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went in Sunday evening, October 30, to be induced with cervidil. I ended up having a really aweful night because they needed to monitor Daniel with the external monitors, and they could only hear his heartbeat when I was laying flat on my back. I was sooooooo uncomfortable, my butt hurt so badly, I ended up getting basically no sleep at all. Anyway, the cervidil did put me into slight labor, and I dialated to 2 cm. Since I wasn't sleeping anyway, the nurse let me get up at 4:00 in the morning (Monday) to shower and eat a light breakfast.

At 7:00, my day nurse came in to start the pitocin, antibiotics, and insulin through my IV. The pitocin wasn't bad, I was dialating pretty slowly. They continued to have problems monitoring Daniel with the external monitors, so they were just waiting for me to get to 4 cm so they could break my water and get an internal monitor going. Finally, I started having more intense labor, they checked me, and I was at 4 cm, so my doc came over and broke my water. They got the internal monitor in, and right away they told me I had to lay down on my side and I couldn't sit up anymore (I wanted to sit up everytime I'd have a contraction). That must have been around 2:30 or 3:00. I ended up falling asleep, and when I woke up a little later, my doc and the nurse were sitting in the corner looking really concerned, looking at the monitor strips, I noticed my IV was off. Anyway, my doc said that everytime I had a contraction that his heartrate would drop, but they hadn't been able to p[ick it up with the external monitors. He told me he had called in an OB to consult with, and she showed up a couple minutes later. I was kind of drifting in and out of sleep, but they were kind of going over my history such as Kaitlyn having a broken clavicle at birth, her birth weight, the stillbirth, etc. so the OB doc comes over to the bedside and tells me she recommends that I have a c-section due to my history and Daniel not tolerating labor. Now, you all know, a c-section was the last thing I wanted! I asked her how long I'd have to be off work if I have a c-section, and she said 4-6 weeks. I said if I could be back at work in 4 weeks, I would do it.

So, a few minutes later, they wheeled me into the c-section room, and he was born at 3:40. It all happened so fast, it's kind of surreal, and I don't remember a lot of the details, but that is pretty much Daniel's birth story. He weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 inches long. The nurses kept telling me that they were amazed at how well I was getting around and all, that I was doing better than a lot of women who give birth vaginally do, so I guess that's a good sign that I should be ready to go back to work in 4 weeks.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
November 4th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations again Tonya! I'm sorry you had to have a c-section but it sounds like it was best for Daniel! I'm so glad that you are home and both doing well! Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest! I can't wait to see more pictures of Daniel.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
November 4th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, Tonya! I'm sorry you had to have a section, but I'm so glad to hear that little Daniel is safe and sound!

November 8th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations again! I am so happy you have Daniel safe and sound in your arms and you seem to be recovering quickly from the c-section.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search