Ahren's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
I was to be induced on Friday 11/4 at 7:00 am. I woke up really early on that Friday just feeling really different. I couldn't really explain it, but I felt different. I got up at 4 am to go to the bathroom, and I noticed that I had lost my mucous plug, and I was bleeding. I knew at that point that I was in early labor.

I arrived at the hospital and they started pitocin at 7:45 am. My doctor was going to come in at 9:00 am to break my water. I started feeling mild contractions at about 8:30, and then all of a sudden I felt like I had wet the bed. Yep, my water had broken on it's own. My doc still came at 9, and checked me. I was only about 3 cm and still very high and thick. I was feeling some pretty bad contractions at about 11:00 so they called for the epidural. I received my epidural at about noon. I was feeling no pain...it was GREAT!!!

At about 2:00pm I felt some pressure. I decided not to call the nurse because she told me she would be back at 2:30. She came back at 2:35 and checked me, I still had a little cervix left and she said in two more contractions it would be gone. She called my doctor and he was there and dressed by 2:40. I started pushing at 2:40 and at 2:46 our little Ahren was born!!! He weighed 7lbs 10oz. He is 19 in long. I only pushed twice...not too bad! It was a wonderful experience, and he is truly a blessing to our family!!!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
November 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You only had to push twice?!? Wow--you lucky thing!

That's awesome that you ended up going into labor on your own, just hours before your scheduled induction!

I can't remember--is this your second child? Or your first? (Or none of the above?)

November 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a good birth experience!! Congrats on Ahren!!
November 9th, 2005, 01:33 AM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
Quote:
Originally posted by Anne07Nov05@Nov 8 2005, 02:26 AM
You only had to push twice?!?* Wow--you lucky thing!

That's awesome that you ended up going into labor on your own, just hours before your scheduled induction!

I can't remember--is this your second child?* Or your first?* (Or none of the above?)
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Actually this is my third and last child. The labor and delivery was so wonderful!! Yes, I only had to push twice. Only a couple minutes from the time the doctor got himself dressed and seated until Ahren was born.

I only had to push twice with all my kids, I don't know why but it is the easiest part for me.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
November 9th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats

Your lucky you only have to push twice with all 3 of them!
November 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
TWICE: Then I am sure you push REEEAAAL HARD such that one push is equals to normal three or?....

Congratulations and ENJOY!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search