Kaitlin Michelle is here

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Kymommy05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kymommy05
First of all let me say that I am sorry it has taken me this long to get on. But since I last talked with you girls, I have had my baby and been on mat. leave and could not get my computer at home to work.
But here is my story if anyone would like to know how things went.
I got up on wed. morning the 21st of sept. and went to the bathroom and found my bloody show.But I was not having contractions. So I decided to go into work as usual.Well on my way to my baby sitters house, I started having contractions every 4 min. apart, so I knew I was going into labor. I went on to work thinking I still had time to train my replacement before heading to the hospital.(crazy I know)But if you have had a baby before you just know how long you have before your in big trouble..
So I went to work and stayed for an hr. And then called my dh and told him to come get me.When we arrived at the hospital the time was 9:30 am and I was already at 2.5 cent. Which was great progress since I was only at 1 for the previous 2 weeks. Any ways the contractions were still at 4 min. apart. So they decided to watch me for awhile before keeping me. in the hr I was there I went from 2.5 to 3.5 cent. And in the next hr I was in between 4-5 cen. By then the hospital decided to keep me and give me my epidural.(Bless those nurses) By this time it was afternoon. Then my contractions stalled because of the epidural, so they cut back on the epi.and put me on pitocin to get the contractions startd again.
I was at 5 cent. when the gave me the pit. So by 3 pm I started dilating again and I was at 7 cent and by 6 pm I was completly dilated to 10.
But As I was feeling that urge to push, the nurses told me not to push because there was 2 other women having their babies at the same time as me and they were already pushing. So there I sit for 15 minutes( Ikid you not) I honestly lay there trying not to push. Was not fun or easy let me tell you.
But finally At 20 minutes after 6 they told me to push so I pushed and pushed and pushed etc... Until I thought She was going to stay in there for the rest of my days. lol.
But the doc finally used the suction on her head because it was bigger than they thought origanally and he did that twice and neither time did she come out. Later my dh told me they used forceps on me to get her out.But she finally came out at 6:27 that evening. Kaitlin Michelle was born. 8 lbs 1/2 oz 20 1/4 inches long.
I kind of had a rough time afterwords. since I pushed so much trying to have her, I got hemroids for all the trouble. And then I couldn't stand on my own an hr after I had her, because I passed out. So I had to stay in bed that entire night and could not get up, eat anything (I cried for food) lol. So I ended up getting a cathider.Oh god it was like having her without the drugs.......
But all is well now and I am back to work.

made by Rachel..
November 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations.. great to hear from you hun

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search