whoo hoo we have lift off

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding and Supplementing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2009, 04:52 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
*touch wood*
yesterday i tried kara with her new slow flow teats in the hope she would realise she is not always going to get super fast milk just cos she wants it.
well....
this morning she fed from me ok it was only 5 mins each side but i had no temper tantrums with it! she needed another 4 oz from bottle afterwards but it was a start!
then at lunchtime i have just tried again and she was on my left side for 15 mins (no temper tantrums) then 5 or so on my right before taking a huge temper and chewing on me! (im sooooo glad she doesnt have teeth!)
anyway, when she started tantrums on me i just removed her from the breast, made her wait a few mins and then gave her a slow flow bottle and this time she only took an extra oz from it
my health visitor has also just been and weighed her and she is now 9lb 7oz so we have had another 5oz gain in 6 days
big cheers for booby juice and supplementing

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
August 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM
spartyguard's Avatar Veteran

That is awesome!!!

August 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
*Fiona*
Well done Sarah!!!! Deffo keep with slow flow as she will prefer whichever gives her milk the fastest - i.e. fast flow teat over breast.
August 26th, 2009, 03:49 PM
well today in total she has taken.........4oz from a bottle!!!! the rest has all come from mummy!!!
i also found a way she is happy to take from my right side so its alllll good
xx

August 27th, 2009, 08:10 AM
*Fiona*
August 27th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's absolutely awesome, Sarah!! I am so happy for you and I'm really glad you persevered with this!

Sometimes babies just get lazy and want their milk without having to work for it! But you did all the right things to get her feeding from you again. I'm so happy this is working out so well for you, honey

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 27th, 2009, 12:49 PM
thanks girls.
i had it confirmed yesterday im suffering from post natal depression i knew the meds they put me on were not helping
i saw my doc today and he has put me back on the ones that did work and has actually told me to continue bf. he says all meds get into milk and this one is no more dangerous than the ones i was on and at end of day if you take anti depressants but are not depressed it wont do anything so kara will be fine.
he thinks i will benefit from feeding her myself because if i stop its another emotional change which will only make me worse.
she has been really unsettled the last couple of days but today her nose is streaming, she wont feed right and is just clingy and whiney. guess the reason for her moods is a cold. poor mite

August 27th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Poor little thing Natasha had a cold at about the same age. Have you got saline nose drops? They're the one thing that's safe for babies and they worked WONDERS for her. I highly recommend them. Have you got one of those nose-sucky things (I don;t know what they're called!) They're great for clearing baby's nose as well x x

(((((hugs)))))) Sarah, I am so sorry you have the diagnosis of PND, but I am glad that you are able to start treating it at last. I think the amount of meds that get passed on in breast milk is usually minimal. As long as you start to feel better and Kara enjoys feeding from her mummy then just keep on with what you're doing, sweetheart.

We love you, Sarah! x x

Co-Host of

August 27th, 2009, 02:00 PM
im popping in to town tomorrow to get her the drops.
i do have the nose thing but its not clearing it much. i have finally got her to sleep, on her belly (i hate that) but thinking maybe its too much gunk for her to handle when shes on her back. she lifts her head by herself anyway so she should be ok if she will settle that way for a night or 2.
i really need to concentrate on getting myself sorted cos an unhappy mummy makes for one miserable family lol and i hate feeling like this.
xx

August 30th, 2009, 06:44 AM
(((((hugs)))))) I totally understand, honey. You need to take care of yourself first and foremost so that you are able to take proper care of the rest of your family x x

How is little Kara doing now? Is her nose doing any better? Did you manage to get the drops OK? I still use them a lot now with Natasha, she's always getting sniffy and needs a bit of help clearing it x

Lots of hugs to you both x x

Co-Host of

August 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM
hey hun
i did get her some but they are not helping her at all poor little mite just isnt well at all and now mark and i have it too.
she has been eatign just an oz or 2 every hour even during the night so is still eating but its very tiring. she is also being a little pukey after that little feed but im guessing thats cos the cold is causing rubbish to lay on her chest she has stopped feeding from me again too but i guess thats cos im not exactly "small" so it doesnt help her trying to breathe

me... im no better. ive been puttin on a brave face for the kids but keep lockign myself in the bathroom to cry. ive been writing stuff in a notepad about how i feel so i can try and make sense of it. mark wants to see it (he saw the first one and felt he understood better) but the more recent ones seem to blame him for things (he hasnt really done anything wrong) so i cant let him see it and that is causing problems now
roll on this all getting sorted cos right now i just want to run away. ever feel invisable?
xx

September 6th, 2009, 08:34 AM
((((((hugs)))))) I'm sorry I've not been online much this week, Sarah honey (Just went back to work and it's drained me) How are you and little Kara doing now? I've been thinking about you and hoping you are both doing better.

Has her cold disappeared yet? It's so miserable when they are so small and don't understand x x

How are you doing now? Are your new tablets helping you any? I've been worried about you sweetheart x x

huge x x

Co-Host of

September 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
hey hun sorry i havent been about much either but looks set to continue that way for a few days at least (will explain when im not so tired and drained)
kara STILL has a cold and is now eating her hands constantly and drooling. yep, shes bloomin well teething bad! grrrr
im doing ok. havin a couple of good days and then dropping again but trying to stay positive as at least a couple of good days is better than none
will be back as soon as i can to explain more
love you hun and thanks for thinking of me. hope you doing ok
xx

September 8th, 2009, 09:38 AM
(((((((hugs))))))) Oh Sarah honey, I am so sorry about the awful week you've had I read your update on GS (I haven't had time to reply there yet - I came home from work relapsing and just kind of passed out last night after the girls went to bed so I'm trying to catch up on all my boards at the moment) but I'm thinking of you and I just wish you could get a break and some good luck!

Poor Kara - my girls have both been early teethers too and it's so hard on them Were your others early teething? Sending lots of soothing thoughts her way, poor little thing x x

Co-Host of

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search