breast feeding and bottles

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding and Supplementing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2009, 11:58 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I am going to breast feed, but want to have a couple bottles around just in case. Can anyone recommend a bottle that worked well for switching from breast to bottle? There are so many options I don't even know where to start. Thanks!

August 31st, 2009, 01:49 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
personally i liked the tommee tippee closer to nature (well kara did ) and i have used avent with all of mine which have always been good.
some babies take to different bottles so what works best is to the individual baby but over all *most* find it easier with larger (wider) teats that are closer to what they would get on the breast
x

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
September 1st, 2009, 12:50 PM
FaerieT's Avatar Teresa~a Super Mommy
I agree with Sarah. It's which ever one your LO will take...even if that mean trying all of them!

My first DD took to the Avent teats and I mistakenly assumed that DD#2 would do the same so I bought a lot of them. In the beginning she did but after a month she completely rejected it. So my DCP tried her on the Mams bottle (wide teat) and that has worked great since.

I know of a gal who bought just one bottle brand, tried it with her LO and had to buy another and another until she found the one her LO would accept.

I'm hoping that your LO is an easily satisfied baby that she'll accept a teat quickly.

Good luck!

...............................Thank You I:Makerinces for my siggie!................................

September 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!

It depends on your LO. One will take to a certain kind of bottle while another will reject it. I used the Avent bottles and teats with both my girls and I've had no problem with them at all, but I think I was lucky. It might be a good idea to buy the smallest packs of bottles (usually 2s) until you find one that your little one gets on with.

Hopefully you will be lucky and hit the jackpot first time!

A good tip is to stick to the softest teats at first for a breastfed baby

Good luck and let us know how you get on! x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

September 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
lilredheadgirl's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to lilredheadgirl
I have been using a bottle called "Breastflow" it is similar to the breast in that after a few minutes of sucking the flow slows down and the baby has to work harder to get the milk.

September 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lilredheadgirl, I have never heard of that bottle before - thank you for sharing! I am sure a lot of supplementing moms will be interested in this. I will definitely keep it in mind for next time!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

May 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Veteran
I tried Dr. Brown's first and my son seems to like them so I haven't tries any others.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search