Could I be loosing my milk supply?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding and Supplementing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is 9 days old and I supplement, i pump 3 times a day and with my left breast i get 3 oz with my right i get 1 oz. Today i just dont feel like i NEED to pump, if I dont pump will I loose my supply? My daughter doesnt latch on well, so I HAVE to give her bottles, so will I loose my supply if I dont pump one day?

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
November 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
you DEFINITELY need to pump to simulate how a newborn nurses, which is every 2-3 hours. pumping three times a day is definitely not enough to bring your milk in adequately.

whenever she gets a bottle i would pump while someone gives it to her, or just after she eats. you should be pumping when she eats no matter what so your breasts know how much to produce. your supply is directly related to the demand on your body to make more milk.

i know it is hard in the beginning, i would just keep on pumping. it gets better, i promise!

November 11th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
pump pump pump hun!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree the more you pump the more milk you will have. I know your daughter may have latch problems but try to also breastfeed as much as possible and really limit the formula, and bottles in general for the first few weeks. I would also suggest a supplement for you to help increase your supply. I have used this company's products many times in the past, and they really do work very fast! Motherlove - Natural, certified organic, herbal products for pregnancy, labor, birth, lactation for breastfeeding mothers,and nursing babies. - Motherlove

November 14th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Marlz.
I agree with the others.

You should try to see someone to help to get your dd to latch onto our nipple properly. My first dd had a hard time latching plus I never new how to get her on there correctly. Once she was able to attach it made my life alot easier.

Breastfeeding is a lot of work.. but its worth it. Once you get through the hard stages at first its pretty much a breeze. I ended up loving bf that much my dds where on there for 20 months and I never thought I'd be able to do that.

Btw congrats on your dd & your doing a great job bf and supplementing.. I really hope it all works out for you hun.

Take care.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search