pumping?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding and Supplementing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Do you pump at all or exclusively nurse and bottlefeed?

I feel like I pump more often than I nurse these days, I'm afraid to go more than 2-3 hours without it just to try and increase (or at least maintain) my supply. I'm so glad I have a good pump!

October 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Veteran
With the formula Aiden can go longer in between feedings so I've been pumping every 2 hours if he's not ready to eat so I can hopefully increase my supply. What pump do you use? I have the Medela PISA

October 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I have the same pump! It's been more than worth it so far. I pretty much follow the same schedule, I pump after 2-3 hours if he's not ready to eat again. I get so jealous of girls who talk about building up BM stashes because it seems like the most I can get ahead of him is 3-5 ounces at any given time, he usually wants to eat right after I've pumped.

October 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Veteran
My little guy is the same way! If he's sleeping and I pump he seems to wake up as soon as I'm done. So I have to give him what I just pumped because there is nothing left in there I wish I could get a little stash because I will be going back to work in a few weeks.

October 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Oh wow, good luck with that. Once your guy starts sleeping better at night (unless he does now ) it might be worth it to get up and pump to build up more of a stash. My kiddo is 12 weeks tomorrow and he usually gives me a 5-6 hour rest at night before waking up to nurse, if I were ambitious enough I could wake up and pump but I'd rather have the sleep. Do you have problems letting down for the pump or does it work out okay?

October 15th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Veteran
The pump works good, no problems so far I have a good let down on one side and the other takes a little while. He normally goes for about 4 hours in his first sleeping stretch but I don't get up during that, I take all the sleep he will allow me!

October 17th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I don't blame you, my guy has been a good sleeper from the start but on the nights when he wasn't I wanted to cry.

I'm sitting here pumping right now actually.

October 18th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Veteran
Aiden is good most nights! Which I am very thankful for We used the johnson and johnson bedtime bath stuff a few night ago and he slept for 5 and a half hours straight! That is the longest stretch I've gotten since he was born!

October 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am pumping a decent amount, but not as much as I was. I find whenever I wind up having to supplement I go crazy with the pumping. It is really wearing me out.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
I agree Theresa! I feel like life revolves around nursing, feeding, or pumping some days. Everyone says it gets better after the first 6 weeks but I think when you're dealing with long term supply issues those feelings can last a while longer. Of course when I think about the alternative (all formula) it helps me stay motivated to give him as much as I can. But man I do wish it were easier!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search