how's it going?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding and Supplementing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hey ladies how's everyone doing w/ BF'ing & supplementing? which do you do more of?

April 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Well unfortunately, Remi is 98% formula now. My supply just isn't staying up and he isn't gaining the weight fast enough so we were told formula is going to be better for him. (Hes almost 5 months old and only weighs 13lbs)
April 28th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah at 4m1w knox only weighed 12lb13oz (and he was born 7lb2oz). he only gained 1lb since his 2 month appointment. i'm not really comfortable with that

April 28th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Oh wow! yea. Remi was 5.13 when he was born but dropped to just under 5 when we brought him home from the hospital. This past month, ever since he has been getting more formula, hes gained almost 1.5 lbs! Im super happy with that. Although I wished to breast feed him for a year....formula will just have to do - I must only make "Skim Milk"
April 28th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mommy2Remington* View Post
Oh wow! yea. Remi was 5.13 when he was born but dropped to just under 5 when we brought him home from the hospital. This past month, ever since he has been getting more formula, hes gained almost 1.5 lbs! Im super happy with that. Although I wished to breast feed him for a year....formula will just have to do - I must only make "Skim Milk"
LOL!! me too although for a while i thought i was making creme brulee because he went from 6.7 (his discharge weight) to 11.5 pounds in the first 2 months. IDK what my kid's problem is?

April 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Holy Moly!!! Thats awesome!!!
How is he doing now on the boob? Does he "fill up" with BF or do you have to top him off with a bottle?

Remi was doing fine with just BF, then he got that darn ear infection and started losing his appetite and weight so we supplemented with the bottle. Then he decided the bottle was better...and well - you can guess the rest. We started just 'topping him off' with the bottle, then it went to 'topping him off ' with the Boob to help my supply - but now I have "drips" that come out.....
April 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
that's what i was afraid was going to happen here too. it's been kinda weird for the past week or so. for a couple of days it was topping him off with the bottle (like 1 time & 1oz) then a couple days i topped him off with a total of 5oz then he didn't need any from the bottle for the next 4 days and today it was like 3oz. but still just once a day so things are going "OK".

do you ever feel like sometimes it would just be "easier" to FF? like yesterday when i had to take the kids to the ER - cade is on the table w/ the dr, marlee is trying to flee the room, & knox was hungry. it would have been so nice to just hand him a bottle while i took care of the other stuff.

April 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM
yes...I think this week we will start fully FF. Things will just be easier. I've ran into so many situations that I have the "wish I could just give him a bottle" thought --- I've BF for almost 5 months....5 more months then I thought I would so I'm happy with it!! I know that I gave him the best milk in the first days, weeks, months of his life and I know FF isn't bad. He seems happier with full FF. I'm not producing enough for him anymore
April 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you ladies! My supply dropped when I got sick, and we were already having problems with Riley preferring the bottle to the boob. Right now he gets mainly bottles during the day and nurses at night and in the early AM. I try to nurse him during the day, but a lot of the time he refuses...just arches his back and screams...
May 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Yup. thats how it is here too. Ugh! Totally sucks! but....there are "pros" to fully bottle feeding. You can wear sexy bras again and you can literally feed ANYWHERE....and or have hubby take over
May 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mommy2Remington* View Post
Yup. thats how it is here too. Ugh! Totally sucks! but....there are "pros" to fully bottle feeding. You can wear sexy bras again and you can literally feed ANYWHERE....and or have hubby take over
I can't wait for pretty bras and no bras at night!
May 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
and being comfortable with DH touching them again. what would i give for our sex life to get back to normal w/o feeling weird about leaking all over!

May 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiritup View Post
and being comfortable with DH touching them again. what would i give for our sex life to get back to normal w/o feeling weird about leaking all over!
I totally agree with that!! I miss those 'sexy' days that you feel Hott!! Nope...not anymore...those boobs are all for Remi....Poor hubby misses them!!
May 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Mjon912's Avatar Veteran
I do way more breast then bottle feelings, my supply dropped too when I got sick so I started drinking almost a full gallon of water a day and I'm good now
May 9th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm like 90/10 (bm/ff) - I mostly give him EBM though, since I work full time. He gets between 16-20 ounces of EBM during the day - and the I nurse him at night, and give him some formula if needed.

On the weekends however, I do tend to give him a bit more formula when I'm out and about, I am clumsy without my boppy

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search