Stay at home Mom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding and Supplementing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Do we have any Stay at home Moms here? What do you do all day? Do you do things on the side to make extra money? Do you belong to any "mom groups"? What made you decide to be at stay at home mom?
May 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I consider myself a SAHM even though I have a casual position at a local hospital. I'm only required to work twice a month, so I don't think it really qualifies as "working." In fact, going to work is kind of fun for me...like a little vacation.
DH and I decided after Riley was born that we both wanted me to stay home and take care of him.
I don't belong to any "mom groups." I'm not even sure there are any around here, but my SIL stays at home with her boys too, and she doesn't live too far away.
As far as what I do all day...I do a lot of cleaning and housework type things. Riley and I go out and about running errands or shopping sometimes. At first I thought the days would go slow, but they actually fly by most of the time!
May 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ME!!!! i am a SAHM. when i first got pregnant with the twins i really wanted to be able to stay home with them, but didn't think we'd be able to afford it. then i quickly found out that we weren't able to afford daycare!! that **** is expensive. i think we figured that i would have been bringing home like $50 a month and that was just not even worth it at all. it actually all worked out because DH's work is really great & gave him a $3/hr raise when they found out i quit my job!!

what do i do all day???? have you seen my pics on FB??? like yesterday's wall coloring incident??? it seriously is nonstop between all of the kids. the twinadoes keep me on my toes & knox adds in with his demands as well. i rarely get anything done around the house (and if i do, it gets destroyed about 2 mins later). i wish we had a mom's club or a mops or something around here, but i live in a small town and we don't have much. i could drive 45mins to get to one, but i don't. i do belong to the local MOMs (mother of multiples) club, but everyone's kids are of different ages, or they work outside of the home, or we live pretty far away. we don't really get together much.

May 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Mjon912's Avatar Veteran
I stay at home, I was going to school but my semester ended so now I'm a full time sahm... I was only taking four classes so I wasn't home for to long anyway... now that it's warmer I take Hayden out every day... I'm in VA so I'm always on Virginia is for lovers or events.Richmond .com looking for things I can do and take her too that are free or don't cost to much .money otherwise I'm doing typical around the house things and running errands

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search