Weekly workout checkin in July 25 to July 31.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 06:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey guys hope you had great weekends. Sarah sounds like you got in some good Exercise on Saturday. I'm hoping you got some good rest on Sunday. On Saturday, I pigged out, terrible I know. It was my little boys birthday so we had hamburgers and lots of cake. Did pretty good on Sunday. We went swimming on Sunday so I got in a little bit of exercise.

This morning I got up and did some circuit training with weights and some step aeorbics. I worked out for about 60 minutes. I'm going to try to do about 10 minutes of abs when I get hom from work.

I had eggs for breakfast again..lol. I made some homemade egg salad that I'm going to have for lunch. I know today is going to be egg overload. I'm down one pound which is always good.

Sarah and Katie how are you guys doing? Hoping others will join in our check in this week.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on losing a pound!! Isn't it great to see that your hard work is paying off? I love it! It definitely helps with motivation!

Don't beat yourself up over pigging out this weekend. We are all entitled to indulgences. I actually had seafood alfredo last night. I think it's good for us to treat ourselves every once in a while anyway.

I did have a good day of rest yesterday, but I am also totally regretting the double workout on Saturday. I am SORE!!! Right now, I'm gearing myself up for a workout and hope that once I get moving, my muscles will loosen up and feel better.

Too funny about the eggs! I had them again for breakfast too. We are definitely getting plenty of protein!

Good luck this week ladies!!! I am rooting for all of us! We are going to be so darn healthy!!
July 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
So I didn't get up and workout this morning. AF is coming and I am having terrible cramps. I don't usually have them this bad but I'm guessing since this is only my second AF since my loss, that is why it is so bad. I'm hoping to get on the treadmill for a little while when I get home from work.

I did eat really good yesterday. I had chicken breast and peas for dinner. This morning I did have eggs for breakfast but I thought I'd mix it up and bit and I added some toast. Lunch will be egg salad again. I think I made too much. Tonight we have pork chops on the menu.

Hope you guys are doing okay. Sarah hope your muscles are a little less sore today. That happens to me to when I do something new or just overdo it. Glad you were able to rest on Sunday.

July 26th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Melissa, your meals always sound so good!! I don't blame you for not working out because of cramps. I got AF this morning and my cramps were so bad yesterday and today. It definitely puts a damper on working out!

Good luck with the treadmill!

Katie-how are you doing?
July 26th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Melissa, your meals always sound so good!!
Thanks. I enjoy cooking most of the time. I try to make a new recipe every week. I love the cooking light cookbooks, especially the one that has easy weeknight meals. It sounds like you make alot of fish which I love. We just don't have anywhere near my house to get good fish. We used to have a great fish store right down the street but it closed after the gulf oil spill. I'm still hoping that a new one will open.

I didn't end up getting on the treadmill today. Cramps were just too bad. AF has still not shown up. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll be here so I can get onto the next cycle. I'm going to try to get tomorrow morning and work out, assuming cramps are better.

July 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I've been doing bad lol. I've been so tired that I'm napping every chance I can get. But I did lose a pound from not eating.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 27th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Melissa-Yes, we eat a lot of fish here. It's pretty readily available since we're on the coast. Plus, sometimes my BF catches some in his lobster traps so we get it for free which is always great! I need to get some good cookbooks. I feel like I'm in a cooking rut lately and really want to make meals more interesting....but I also want them simple to make. I'm sorry about the cramps. I hope they've died down for you today!

Katie-Don't feel bad! You are still recovering from your accident. Getting yourself healed is more important than anything. That's great about losing a pound from not eating, but I hope you are not starving yourself! I am jealous of your naps. I love naps so much! I'm actually thinking of scheduling one for myself today!

I didn't work out yesterday. I was tired after work and also my BF got back from work early and had control of the XBox. Today is supposed to be a rest day for me but I'll do yesterday's workout. I discovered that the second week of my workout program is a bit more intense! Yikes!
July 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Katie-Don't feel bad! You are still recovering from your accident. Getting yourself healed is more important than anything. That's great about losing a pound from not eating, but I hope you are not starving yourself! I am jealous of your naps. I love naps so much! I'm actually thinking of scheduling one for myself today!
Nope not starving myself just been sleeping a lot. Which is weird for me. Enjoy your nap today as well. I'm working till 11 but I don't think I'll be awake for much longer than that

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

July 27th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Hey girls. My cramps have thankfully died down today. AF got here this morning. Sarah you and I may be in the 2WW together. Maybe this will be our month, I'm hoping.

Sarah you should check out the cooking light cooks books. they have several that are week night meals and easy meals which are the ones I like. They have some great seafood recipes in there. We are going to beach in a few weeks and I can't wait to get some good seafood.

I did get up and work out this morning. I did 50 minutes on my urban rebounder and then 10 minutes of abs. I think the exercising helped with the cramps because I was hurting pretty bad when I got up but now they feel much better.

Hope you ladies get in some good naps. I have forgotten what napping is like. Katie glad you lost a pound. Don't beat yourself up about not exercising. It is difficult when you have an injury. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

Hope you ladies have a great day.

July 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hey ladies! I have a feeling I won't get my nap today. I have way too much to do around the house. I've already done a bunch of cleaning and I'm about to do my workout. After that, I think I'll tackle mowing the lawn (at least part of it). I also have to do grocery shopping which I'm dreading!

I had eggs for breakfast (again) and will probably have either tuna or chicken salad for lunch. I have some chicken thawing in the fridge so I'll probably make something with that (maybe that buttermilk chicken recipe!)

Katie - Enjoy your nap! You are probably sleeping a lot because your body is still recovering. Between the physical and emotional things that happen after a car accident, your whole system needs to recoup.

Melissa - I'm sorry AF came but I'm glad the cramps are gone. I think that would be great if we end up getting our BFP's this cycle! Hopefully Katie will have already moved on to PAL!!
July 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Sarah let me know if you make the Buttermilk chicken. I hope you like it. It is one of my favorites and so easy. I had eggs again for breakfast. I keep wondering if I'm going to get tired of them soon. Lunch was a lean pocket and banana. I have chicken thawing out also but I think we are going to grill some barbeque chicken. A friend of my husband's makes homemade barbeque sauce and it is the best.

Hope you have a good workout Sarah. Sounds like you have a busy day.

July 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I won't be having buttermilk chicken tonight, but maybe tomorrow. My BF had to go pick up some more lobster traps from somewhere so he won't be home in time and I'm not cooking for one. I could cook it and have some & leave some for him, but I'm kind of annoyed with him right now so he gets no dinner. I'll probably have the chicken salad I was supposed to have for lunch.

I never got to mowing the lawn because in the middle of my workout, I got a call from my friend with an invite to go swimming at another friend's pool. Not a tough choice to make, lol. So, I still had a busy day but at least 3 hours of it was spent swimming and lounging in the sun. It was fabulous! I REALLY want a pool!!

I wonder about the same thing with eggs. They are definitely my favorite breakfast food and they're better than cereal so hopefully we won't get sick of them. Sometime soon (hopefully) we're going to build a chicken coop so we can have our own chickens and get fresh farm eggs. I can't wait. They are so delicious. I don't know about you, Melissa, but I try to mix it up on how I prepare them. Sometimes fried, sometimes scrambled, sometimes an omelet. I even tried poached the other day but that was a pain. Everything I've read lately though says that eggs are the best thing to eat for breakfast because of the protein and they say it helps keep you full longer.
July 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Sarah, Sorry you had to have dinner alone. That is no fun. Maybe you can try the buttermilk chicken sometime soon. I would definitely choose the pool over mowing any day. I want a pool too. We recently sold our old home and we are planning on using part of the money we made to build a pool. I can't wait. I love swimming and it is such great exercise.

And yes I eat eggs lots of different ways so I'm not sure I will get tired of them. My favorite way right now if with some feta cheese and tomatos which are out of my garden. Fresh eggs sound awesome. I have never had any. I get ours at the grocery store.

July 28th, 2011, 09:45 AM
If you can get organic eggs at your grocery store, they'll be just like farm fresh. It's amazing how different they are. If you crack open a farm fresh or organic egg the yolk is a deep yellow...the regular store ones are much lighter. And the flavor is so much better too....not to mention the health benefits.

I have to mow the lawn today and then probably do my workout if I still have the energy. At least mowing the lawn is a great workout in itself.
July 28th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I'll look for the organic eggs and try them. They sound really good.

Have fun mowing the lawn. I despise mowing the lawn but since we moved and now own 5 acres my DH bought a riding lawn mower and he takes care of the lawn.

I didn't manage to work out this morning and am not sure if I will later or not. My cramps have been terrible today. I will be so glad when AF is over.

I am making a pork tenderloin on the grill for dinner and can't wait. It's a new recipe that I just got. If it's good I'll post it. I love pork tenderloin.

Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be up to working out. I find that I have so much more engery through out the day when I work out.

July 29th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'm so sorry the cramps are still bad! That is awful! I hope they are gone today!

I never got around to mowing the lawn. I started to, but then the mower ran out of gas. I was about to go to the gas station and fill up the can when my friend called and asked if I wanted to go out to lunch. I went with her and then we ended up hanging out for the rest of the afternoon and evening. We had a BBQ and then went swimming...so I did get a little exercise. Today will definitely be a busy day though! LOL!

I totally understand what you mean about the workouts giving you more energy. It really does feel good afterwards!
July 29th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Sounds like you had fun yesterday. I love BBQ!!

Thankfully my cramps are a bit better this morning. I'll be so glad when this AF is over. It has not been any fun but atleast we can start trying again. I did get up this morning and workout. I bought a new DVD fro Bob Harper, the Biggest Loser trainer. It was called Extreme Cardio Workout and it was EXTREME and very hard. Fun though. Sort of a circuit training workout which is what I prefer.

Not sure what we are going to have for dinner tonight. I usually plan dinner every night except for Friday and we just eat something easy and hopefully good for you.

Hope your day is not too busy.

I forgot to add that I had my honey and cinnamon this morning..lol. Didn't taste too good but if it works I don't care!!

Last edited by melissalaw; July 29th, 2011 at 07:26 AM.
July 29th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Ladies I am addicted to Popsicle! I've been eating 3-4 a day! Ugh this can not be good for my diet but they are soooo good!

My blog

July 29th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Thinking maybe you are preg and that's why you are eating so many popsicles!!! I really hope so. I absolutely love banana popsicles.

July 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM
OMG Katie! They look so good!!!! I would be addicted to them too!! I think Melissa may be onto something!

Melissa, I am impressed that you do so many of the Biggest Loser trainer's workouts. I'm way too chicken to attempt that! And Jillian Michaels scares me! I think she'd make me cry if she was my trainer! LOL!! I'm also impressed at how well you plan your meals. I try to but am not good at it and usually it ends up being a snap decision.

I did GREAT yesterday! Did 2 workouts and attempted to mow the lawn again but it turns out the mower is broken. I ate really well too and was on the right track. Today was a total bust. I took my BF's daughter shopping today and had McDonald's for breakfast and Taco Bell for lunch. I especially can't resist the McD's breakfast...especially the hash browns. I guess walking around all the stores for 4+ hours counts as working out though. And we are going swimming soon. I doubt anything has touched the amount of calories I've ingested though. Tomorrow I have a bridal shower/brunch to go to so I don't know what to expect as far as food goes. I know there will be mimosas but I validate that because they have oj in them so I'll be getting my vitamin C. LOL!

How is everyone doing this weekend? Any fun plans?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search