Weekly Workout Check In Aug 1 to Aut 7

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 05:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I was lazy this morning and didn't get up to work out. I just couldn't get my rear out of bed. So I'm going to try to work out when I get home from work this afternoon.

Yesterday we went swimming so I got in a little exercise yesterday. And thank goodness AF is gone and so are cramps!! Yea.

I did eat good yesterday. We had steak and shrimp for dinner last night which was awesome. this morning I had eggs for breakfast. Sarah I bought some organic eggs and they were really good. I'm going to switch to buying those instead of just regular eggs.

Hope you ladies have a good Monday!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, I know how you feel. I am having the worst time getting motivated to work out today. I know I should but it's hard to get myself going.

Steak and shrimp sounds amazing! Those are 2 of my favorites!! I'm glad you like the organic eggs. I have also become addicted to organic milk. It's about $3 more a gallon, but I can't help it.

I'm so glad AF is gone and you don't have cramps anymore! I hope you don't have to feel those for a long time!!

Katie, how are you doing? I can't stop thinking about those popsicles! LOL!
August 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
So I never got motivated today to workout. Just too lazy. Hopefully tomorrow I can be a bit more motivated. I did eat pretty good. We had some hamburgers for dinner. Very good.

And yes Sarah I love steak and shrimp also. I will definitely have to try the organic milk also. If it's as good as the eggs I'm sure I will be addicted to that also.

Hope you guys had a more motivating day than me.

August 2nd, 2011, 07:05 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
So I was lazy this morning and didn't get up to work out. I just couldn't get my rear out of bed. So I'm going to try to work out when I get home from work this afternoon.

Yesterday we went swimming so I got in a little exercise yesterday. And thank goodness AF is gone and so are cramps!! Yea.

I did eat good yesterday. We had steak and shrimp for dinner last night which was awesome. this morning I had eggs for breakfast. Sarah I bought some organic eggs and they were really good. I'm going to switch to buying those instead of just regular eggs.

Hope you ladies have a good Monday!!
Glad AF is gone! And your making my mouth water with the steak and shrimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Melissa, I know how you feel. I am having the worst time getting motivated to work out today. I know I should but it's hard to get myself going.

Steak and shrimp sounds amazing! Those are 2 of my favorites!! I'm glad you like the organic eggs. I have also become addicted to organic milk. It's about $3 more a gallon, but I can't help it.

I'm so glad AF is gone and you don't have cramps anymore! I hope you don't have to feel those for a long time!!

Katie, how are you doing? I can't stop thinking about those popsicles! LOL!
Popsicle are AMAZING. Still eating a bunch a day. Haven't been feeling the best though so that's about all I'm eating. Did you get motivated yesterday?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 2nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Katie, I'm taking the not feeling well as a good sign for you!!!!

I did get motivated yesterday. I knew that I'd feel better after my workout, even though I didn't want to start. I ate really well too. Eggs for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, and a big salad with steak and a light vinaigrette for dinner. I'm going to try and get a workout in today once I get my chores done.

Melissa, what kinds of awesome food are you preparing this week?
August 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Sarah chicken salad sounds really good. I might have to get some of that for lunch tomorrow. Tonight I am making Buttermilk chicken which is one of our favorite meals. I can't wait. Tomorrow we are planning on having Bada Bing Pork Chops. I think I put that recipe in the recipe section also, if not I will. They are awesome and so easy. I just marinate them the night before we are going to have them and then just throw them in the grill for dinner.

I did get motivated this morning to get up and workout. I did 60 minutes of step aerobics. I did a DVD I have by Cathe Friedrich called Body Max. She is one of my favorites to work out too.

Katie my fingers are crossed for you also. I really hope that this is it for you.

I went to the doctor today and I am completely recovered and ready to try again. Hoping that this is all of our months!! Sarah did you get motivated today?

August 3rd, 2011, 12:23 PM
I did manage to workout this morning but only did about 30 minutes of circuit training. I was pretty tired for some reason. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be less tired and can get in a better workout. I have eaten really good today though. Eggs for breakfast, of course..lol. And a lean pocket for lunch which wasn't that good. I bought a new kind and it just didn't click with me. And for dinner we are having Bada Bing Pork Chops which I can't wait for. I love them.

Sarah I read your post about your doctor's appointment and I am very glad that it was so good. Still keeping my fingers crossed that we both get our BFP's this month and you don't have to do any extra testing.

Katie, how are you feeling? Better I hope. Are you still eating lots of popsciles? I'm going to have to go pick some up. I've been craving them ever since you posted that picture.

August 4th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I didn't get motivated on Tuesday but I did my workout yesterday which was my scheduled rest day. Today I won't have time either so I'll either do a double workout tomorrow or one tomorrow and one Saturday. My BF and I went out to dinner with my parents last night and I did pretty well. I had the best filet mignon I have ever tasted (I want more), with a side of steamed broccoli, and a baked potato. I should've skipped the potato but I've been so good about carbs and just had to have it. Today I had a couple of apples for breakfast. I'm not sure what I'll do for lunch. I think tonight for dinner we'll have a pork loin.

Melissa, I'm impressed that you can get yourself motivated to work out first thing in the morning. I just can't do that, especially on days that I work. I'm too slow moving and really enjoy sitting on the couch with my cup of tea watching the Today show. LOL! Oh, and yes, my appointment went really well. I'm excited to be making a move forward. I agree...getting a bunch of BFP's this cycle would be fabulous!

Katie, how are you feeling? Are you still hooked on the popsicles? I'm in the same boat as Melissa...I've been wanting some ever since you posted the picture! Oh, now I'm remembering the picture you posted of your fried pickles and want some of those too. Fried pickles are a diet food, right? LOL
August 4th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ooh I love Fried Pickles. Before we started trying to conceive, I loved to go out for fried pickles and beer. Yummy!! Although now I don't do the beer. Fried Pickes still sound awesome and yes I do believe they are a diet food Sarah..lol.

Sarah, I have always beens a morning person but I mainly work out first thing in the morning because that is the only time I have to workout. If I wait until after work, I am either too tired or too busy doing things around the house.

I did get up this morning and did 60 minutes on my urban rebounder. it is so much fun. My DH got it for me for my birthday and I love it.

Sarah we are having pork loin for dinner tonight also..lol. I love it and I have a great recipe for a pork loin marinade. I'll post that in the recipe section later today. It is so good and so easy. you just marinade the night before you want to cook it and then grill it. So yummy!!

I don't know how you double up and work out twice in one day. Very good!! Hope you have a good day!! Oh and the filet sounds wonderful. I love filets. They are my favorite steak.

August 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
I don't know how you double up and work out twice in one day. Very good!!
It's not that impressive. Right now the fitness program only has them at about 1/2 hour each so really 2 of my workouts is equal to one of yours.

My BF and I really need to get our grill working. We have a little charcoal one that we've been using but I am definitely not a good enough grill master.

I'm so relieved to know that fried pickles are a diet food! Wahoo!!!

I hope you all enjoy your Friday!!
August 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Sarah, I would be lost without our grill. We grill out several times a week. Makes cooking dinner so easy. I didn't work out today. I'm going to do some house cleaning this afternoon so I'll count that as my workout..lol.

We are planning on having some grilled chicken from KFC tonight. Not sure how healthy that is for me but I'm not up for cooking tonight.

Hope you have fun doing your 2 workouts today.

Katie, hope your feeling better.

August 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure how good for you the grilled chicken is, but it is definitely healthier than the fried...although, I absolutely love the extra crispy...mmmmm.

I tanked on the 2 workouts. I got through one and started the other and just decided not to keep going. I'll do it tomorrow instead.

Yes, Katie...how are you feeling? I see you're 25 DPO...have you tested again?

Oh, and Melissa, I always count housework in my workout info on the game and they estimate 1/2 hour of it to be around 100 calories burned so I'd say it definitely counts!
August 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
So disappointed tonight. Our KFC was closed because of mechanical problems, whatever that is. So we didn't get our grilled chicken. I was so looking forward to that. Hopefully I can get some chicken this weekend some time.

Sarah glad you got atleast one of your workouts in. I cleaned for about an hour so I guess that I burned 200 calories.

August 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't get your KFC!!! What a major disappointment!

I won't be getting a workout in today. My BF didn't manage to come in until 2am last night and it woke me up. I didn't fall back to sleep until 6. So, I am exhausted and angry with him. Men can be such jerks sometimes.
August 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I didn't get in a workout today either. Sorry you had such a bad nights sleep last night. I hate it when DH comes home really late from work. He always wakes me up and I have such a terrible time going back to sleep.

We are planning on going swimming tomorrow so that will be my workout tomorrow.

No KFC today either. It's still closed. So I ended up eating pretty good today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search