Work Out Check in Aug 8 to Aug 14

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 06:46 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies hope you guys had a great weekend. Mine was good, just relaxed and hung out with my family. Went swimming yesterday so I got in a bit of exercise this weekend. didn't eat great but didn't eat terribly either.

I did get up this morning and work out for about 60 minutes. I did a DVD workout, Cathe Friedrich's Intensity. it was a good hard workout but lots of fun. For breakfast I had eggs which is what I guess I always have. Lunch I'm planning on a lean pocket and strawberries and for dinner I'm going to try this new low fat Crab Cake recipe I just got. I'm hoping it will be good.

Sarah I picked up some organic milk and it is really good. I may have to switch, although it is a bit more expensive than just regular milk.

Okay ladies let's have a good week and get in shape.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, sometimes I really hate computers! I typed out a whole thing and then accidentally hit something and it was gone.

Let me try to paraphrase....

Melissa, I'm so glad you like the organic milk. It is too bad about the price, but I figure in the long run it's better because it doesn't have all those hormones or pesticides in it. Plus, the more of us who buy it, the cheaper it will get.

I have been terrible with my diet/working out these last few days. I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow. Sometimes the energy and motivation just aren't there. I did have my eggs for breakfast though so at least the eating better is getting back.

I hope everyone has a great week!!
August 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Sarah I know what you mean about having no motivation. I have not been doing that great lately working out. Just can't seem to get motivated in the mornings. I didn't manage to get up this morning to work out. I'm hoping that this evening I will have some motivation to get on my treadmill. I have a show on the DVR that I want to watch so I am going to try to watch my show while on the treadmill.

Our crab cakes were really good last night. I used canned crab meat so I wasn't so sure but they turned out really good. I had my eggs for breakfast this morning as usual.

Sarah I hope you can be a bit more motivated than me today. And yes I agree I hate computers. That happens to me all the time. I will type out a response and poof it just disappears.

August 10th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Oh that reminds me...I have bunch of crab claws I have to pick out today. Talk about not being motivated! That is not a fun project! LOL! But, the outcome will be perfect. We're having some friends over tomorrow night and my BF is going to make crabmeat stuffed haddock. YUM!

I did not get motivated yesterday. I'm trying to psyche myself up today but so far it isn't working. I'm tempted to just take a week off and let myself regroup. I'll still try to eat well, but I'm not sure about the exercise.

Melissa, were you able to get on your treadmill last night?
August 10th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Okay Sarah I'm coming to your house for dinner. Crabmeat Stuffed Haddock sounds awesome. We are having barbeque chicken for dinner tonight and tomorrow I think I'm going to grill a pork tenderloin but yours sounds much better than either of those.

I wouldn't worry about taking some time off from exercise. You don't want to get burned out. i have had my weeks where I am so unmotivated and just take the week off. There's always next week.

I didn't get on the treadmill last night. No Motivation. I did get up this morning though and did a 60 minute circuit workout. I always have trouble getting going but I am so glad once I do because I always feel better after I workout.

August 11th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Melissa, you are welcome anytime!! It took me 3 hours to pick out all of that crabmeat! Now I know why it's so expensive at the stores! We have a ton of it though so it was totally worth it. Your meals always sound good to me too...whenever I read what you're having, I always think it sounds amazing! You and I both seem to eat a lot of pork. My BF and I buy a pig every year so we have a ton of pork for a long time. We do not raise it here....I wouldn't allow it to be slaughtered if we did. We're going to get chickens at some point for some fresh eggs but I won't allow any of them to be meat birds. I'm kind of a hypocrite I guess. I want to eat organic/farm raised meat, but can't have them on my property if they're going to be killed. I would probably become a vegetarian if that were the case, lol.

I know exactly what you mean about how much better you feel after you get motivated and work out. It's the getting yourself to do it that's the hard part. Once you're done, it's a great feeling.
August 11th, 2011, 06:27 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Okay ladies I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Next week I'm hoping to get back into the gym but if nothing else I want to start changing my eating habits Hope every one is having a good week.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 11th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Katie so glad your back. We're here to help you. Although lately neither Sarah nor I have been that motivated..lol. I didn't manage to work out this morning. No motivation. Sarah I think I have your no motivation disease this week. I'm going to try to workout tonight but we know how that usually goes. I get home from work and the couch is just too inviting. Oh well maybe tonight will be different.

Sarah your dinner tonight is going to be awesome. I'm sure it was a big ole pain in the rear to pick out all that crab meat but I'm sure it will be worth it. And yes lump crab meat is way too expensive for me to purchase. Hence why I buy it in the can.

My husband has talked about buying a cow and having it slaughtered for the meat but that just seems like a whole lot of meat. And yes Sarah I'm with you as long as the animal is kept on someone elses property, I have no problem eating it. But if I had to raise the animal, I could never eat it. I think it might be like eating one of our pets..lol. Sarah we do eat alot of pork. It is so good for you and it taste so good. i still need to put that pork tenderloin recipe on the recipe section. it's at home but I'll try to do that tonight.

Hope you ladies have a great day. Eat well Katie and Sarah hope your more motivated today than I am.

August 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Yay! Katie, I'm so glad you're back!!!

So far my motivation is zero. In fact, it is in the negatives because I just had cold pizza for breakfast. I couldn't help it. It was calling my name! I am so bad this week!!!

I totally understand about the couch Melissa! It's way too comfortable!! I hope you are able to motivate yourself tonight! I have a ton of stuff to do today but hopefully I can convince myself to work out...especially after the pizza!

As for the cow...there are some farms (at least around here) where you can order a half of one so that you aren't bombarded with tons of meat.

Katie, what is on your menu this week?
August 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Thanks Melissa! Tonight I'll probably just eat a grilled chicken sandwich because right after work I'm going to my brother's house. Him and his fiance bought a house and completely gutted it and are trying to redo everything before their wedding September 24th so DH and I will but up there the next couple weeks helping them.

It is really hard for me to get motivate BUT I found that if I have something I want to fit into and I keep trying it on, when it finally fits it really helps keep me motivated and then I get something smaller

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Yay! Katie, I'm so glad you're back!!!

So far my motivation is zero. In fact, it is in the negatives because I just had cold pizza for breakfast. I couldn't help it. It was calling my name! I am so bad this week!!!

I totally understand about the couch Melissa! It's way too comfortable!! I hope you are able to motivate yourself tonight! I have a ton of stuff to do today but hopefully I can convince myself to work out...especially after the pizza!

As for the cow...there are some farms (at least around here) where you can order a half of one so that you aren't bombarded with tons of meat.

Katie, what is on your menu this week?
Sorry your motivation isn't there, it's really hard! As for the cow... we actually don't eat much beef. DH and I are both hunters and I love deer. I make about everything with it.

My blog

August 11th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
It is really hard for me to get motivate BUT I found that if I have something I want to fit into and I keep trying it on, when it finally fits it really helps keep me motivated and then I get something smaller
That is a GREAT idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Sorry your motivation isn't there, it's really hard! As for the cow... we actually don't eat much beef. DH and I are both hunters and I love deer. I make about everything with it.
I am really weird about venison. I won't eat it if I know it's venison, but I've been tricked into eating it a few times. A couple of times, I thought it was delicious. The last time, I had a taco made out of it and knew something wasn't right right away. My BF thought it was hilarious! I totally see the need for hunting and respect responsible hunters (I can't believe how irresponsible some can be), but I personally couldn't do it. I'd be bawling and probably have nightmares for a month. I'm so weird like that. I can't even go fishing or put lobster in the pot! I have no problem killing spiders or mosquitoes though!
August 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Ok, so speaking of not being able to put lobsters in the pot...my BF came home with 2 lobsters to put in with the stuffed haddock. He told me he had to go to the store and I had to cook them! I said that no, I couldn't do that. He insisted that I had to. I started crying!! I do not have to put the lobsters into the pot anymore. I just had to share a couple of pictures. Can you believe the size of that one??? Wow!

And his claw!!
August 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Oh My Goodness Sarah. I'm laughing sitting here looking at that huge lobster and I don't blame you I don't think I could put it in the pot either. Don't they scream when you put them in the pot? somebody told me that once and that ended my desire to ever make lobster at home. Sarah the tears always work don't they..lol.

Katie I love venison also but neither myself nor DH hunt so we don't get it very often. I'm with Sarah on the hunting part. I don't think I could really hunt however, I have no problem eating it if someone else kills it. Venison is a very healthy meat also. Not much fat there.

August 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
No, they don't really scream. Sometimes you will hear a high pitched whistling sound, but that is just the steam going through the shells. It can definitely be mistaken for screaming though.
I have also heard that venison is very healthy. I wish I wasn't such a wimp about eating things like that. And like I said before...sometimes it's good and sometimes it has a weird taste. I wonder if it depends on the time of year when the deer was killed?
August 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure why sometime the deer meat is good and why sometimes it is bad. it could be the time of year that it's killed. Maybe it eat different things at different times of the year. Or it could be that it's a differnt part of the deer maybe.

I bet your dinner tonight was awesome. If I lived closer I would definitley have joined you guys. We had our pork tenderloin tonight and it was really good. I never did get motivated to workout today. Definitely going to workout tomorrow.

August 12th, 2011, 04:17 AM
That's what I was thinking too...that they have different things to eat at different times of the year. Katie, what are your thoughts? Are we on the right track or totally off base? I know nothing about game animals! LOL!

My dinner was amazing! And we definitely had enough for more guests, that's for sure! We sent a bunch home with our friends and also sent a plate for another neighbor....and we still have ton leftover. I don't think it will get eaten though. My BF is heading out tonight for a weekend bachelor party and I have my 20 (*gasp*) year high school reunion tonight and then tomorrow morning I'm heading out for a weekend bachelorette party.

I have decided to totally blow off this week. I will get back into the groove next week. I'm not sure why this is such an unmotivational week for us. Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. We deserve a break, right?
August 12th, 2011, 06:34 AM
So no motivation for me this morning. I just couldn't get up to workout. And tonight I will be packing. We are heading to the beach next week. yea!! You guys will probably have to start the check in on Monday. I'll check in with you all when I can. I doubt my eating will be that great next week, although I will be eating lots of fish so it won't be that bad. I look forward to going to the beach every year because of all the good seafood we get. Sarah your lucky since you have such yummy seafood readily available. We do have a gym at our condo so maybe I can work out a day or two. We'll see.

Sarah glad your dinner was so great. I hope you have fun at your high school reunion. I have my 20 year next reunion next year. I still can't believe that it;s been that long. And have lots of fun at the bachelorette party, but not too much fun..lol.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. And yes Sarah I think we did deserve a break this week. When I get home from the beach, I'm going to get back into exercise and eating healthy full force.

Hey Sarah I just looked at your chart and see you had a positive OPK. You better get to BD'ing!! Good Luck.

Last edited by melissalaw; August 12th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
August 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Have a great time at the beach!!!! I love laying on the beach and listening to the waves! It's so therapeutic!! I hope that your vacation helps distract you from the 2ww...it sounds like it's the perfect getaway!!

I did get a +OPK and we DTD last night. We won't be able to BD at all from now on because he's going to the weekend bachelor party and I've got my reunion tonight and bachelorette party out of town tomorrow. So, hopefully I'm Oing today and won't have to think about it all weekend.

I will try to remember to do the check-in on Monday.

Have a great vacation, eat lots of yummy food...and ENJOY!!
August 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Sarah is the bachelorette party for you? Just wondering. I will definitely enjoy my vacation and I'll check in with you guys when I can.

Hope you get some good news in two week!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search