Getting Fit!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

Well before the M/C I always said I wanted to loose some weight before we tried again. Long story short prior to DS I was very tiny. I mean like anorexic, you look sick tiny. I weighed 123lbs at my lightest, size 0, but I'm 5'11 with a Medium frame....not cute but in your early 20's you think emaciated is chic I guess

When we tried for DS I was told gain weight or you won't conceive (we were on month 7 of TTC) so I did. I went up to a health 157, size 6-8 depending on brand and felt really good and healthy.

Finally concieved DS and man did my weight shoot up. I delievered at 227 Not really sure where all the weight came from but figured he needed it. I lost 25lbs after his birth but never moved from the 205-210 marker. I had everything tested to make sure I didn't have an underlying thyroid problem. Everything came back in good health. I tried Addipex, which was awesome, lost 20lbs and put me at 189. But like anything else, when the meds stopped the weight came back!

When I got pregnant this June I was so afraid of getting even heavier but committed myself to conciously watch my food intake, eat healthier, drink water, can the pop, etc. I also started walking at lunch breaks, etc. I ended up loosing 2lbs.

After the loss, I of course want to TTC as soon as possible but committed myself to getting back on track with the weight loss. I figure if we don't concieve this month at least I'm starting the road to a healthier me!

I'm starting a workout regimine 5 days a week now. I know everyone may think it's crazy but we have a Kinect and I love it! It really gets you sweating after playing for some time. I found a "game," called Your Shape Fitness Evolved that intrigued me. It's an actual personal trainer.

I started the workout on Sunday and oh my LORD my legs are killing me. I like that it assesses your own personal pace through a fitness test. It even has a program for post pregnancy weight loss! I love it so much! I am actually looking forward to getting home and working out.

So I will start posting my progress here. I hate that you try to google what other people's experiences are with using this "game," as an exercise regimine, they seem to be going well and then no updates for months! I hope I can be better with it

So my starting weight right now as of this morning is 209. I would love to at least loose 10 or 15 before conceiving again.
August 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you are going to focus on getting healthy. We have a workout check in where we check in daily with our workouts and eating. We are trying to keep each other motivated to keep working out and to keep eating healthy for these beautiful babies that we will one day have. Please join us. And good luck in your weight loss journey.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 11th, 2011, 03:22 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Glad you are going to focus on getting healthy. We have a workout check in where we check in daily with our workouts and eating. We are trying to keep each other motivated to keep working out and to keep eating healthy for these beautiful babies that we will one day have. Please join us. And good luck in your weight loss journey.
Come join us in the check-in!! I also use the Kinect, but I have the Active 2. It's fun (when I can get myself motivated) and also has the personal trainer...plus a heart monitor. I will check out your workout game. I like that it has a post-pregnancy weight loss program!
August 11th, 2011, 05:18 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Welcome Now that I no longer have a cast on I'm getting back into this and I'm going to shape up!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search