Workout Check In Aug 15-21

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 05:37 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! Here is our new check in for this week. Good luck to all of us!!
August 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Hey ladies! Hope everyone has a great week! I did work out yesterday for 30 minutes on the Wii and my abs are killing me. I'm hoping to get in another work out tonight too!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 15th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Yay Katie!! I'm sorry your abs hurt, but I always kind of like that because then I know I've accomplished something!

So, I don't know if you all saw the thing I posted in last week's check in this morning, but I mentioned hearing a scary bird this morning. After hours of research I think I have concluded that it wasn't a bird at all, but I think it was either a fox or a fisher cat (they sound almost identical). Now I'm freaked out and worried about my cats who snuck out when my BF left this morning. I am going to try to trap whatever it is. If it's a fox, I'll try to relocate it and if it's a fisher cat, I'll have my BF kill it. I can't have one of those around here. The dogs have been patrolling the property all morning and I'm totally on edge. I'm so worried about my kitties!
So, I am not off to a good start in terms of working out...or housecleaning! Heck, I haven't even eaten yet! I hope to get moving soon though!
August 15th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Yay Katie!! I'm sorry your abs hurt, but I always kind of like that because then I know I've accomplished something!

So, I don't know if you all saw the thing I posted in last week's check in this morning, but I mentioned hearing a scary bird this morning. After hours of research I think I have concluded that it wasn't a bird at all, but I think it was either a fox or a fisher cat (they sound almost identical). Now I'm freaked out and worried about my cats who snuck out when my BF left this morning. I am going to try to trap whatever it is. If it's a fox, I'll try to relocate it and if it's a fisher cat, I'll have my BF kill it. I can't have one of those around here. The dogs have been patrolling the property all morning and I'm totally on edge. I'm so worried about my kitties!
So, I am not off to a good start in terms of working out...or housecleaning! Heck, I haven't even eaten yet! I hope to get moving soon though!
Yikes that is scary. I wanted to tell you that a fox will very unlikely kill a cat though DH went to college for that kind of stuff and we actually had one come face to face with our small puppy. I was scared to death and he said that it wouldn't hurt him.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Yikes that is scary. I wanted to tell you that a fox will very unlikely kill a cat though DH went to college for that kind of stuff and we actually had one come face to face with our small puppy. I was scared to death and he said that it wouldn't hurt him.
Oh wow, Katie that is a huge relief! I really hope that's what it was. I am so terrified that it's a fisher cat. Even if it was a fox and went after my cats, at least they could climb a tree and get away...but a fisher cat can climb trees really well and they show no mercy from what I've heard. I sent the audio to my stepfather and he thinks it is some kind of hawk...which could still get the cats but I don't think that's too likely with all the smaller, easier prey for it to choose from. I'll just feel better when they come inside and I'll stress to my BF how important it is to keep them in. Then I'll try to trap it. If it is a fox, I'll need to relocate it anyway since we're planning on having chickens at some point.

So, I just got on the scale thinking I'd gained all my weight back but I only gained 1/2 pound! I can't believe it! I'm not sure if I'll get to working out today, but I did get back on track with my food...good ole eggs for breakfast. I think my best friend and I are going to start going to Zumba once a week too to try something different. We have some other friends who do it and it looks like a lot of fun!
August 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah hope you figured out what you heard this morning and hope your kitties are okay.

Zumba is alot of fun. I have done it a time or two and I enjoyed it. I think you will enjoy it also. Sorry you gained all your weight back. I'm sure I will after this week also.

Katie are your abs still sore. I always like it when I'm a little sore after working out. Makes me feel like I got something accomplished.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Sarah hope you figured out what you heard this morning and hope your kitties are okay.

Zumba is alot of fun. I have done it a time or two and I enjoyed it. I think you will enjoy it also. Sorry you gained all your weight back. I'm sure I will after this week also.

Katie are your abs still sore. I always like it when I'm a little sore after working out. Makes me feel like I got something accomplished.
Sarah did you find your cats?

Melissa how's your vacation?

My abs are killing me... I have an ultrasound Wednesday to see if I have a cyst on my left ovary and I'm pretty sure I do and that's why I'm in sooo much pain

My blog

August 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:

My BF just saw a fox outside so that must be what it was. I am so relieved it's not a fisher!!! But, I won't be totally happy until the kitties come home. He told me if he sees the fox again, he'll kill it but I don't want him to. I would much rather trap and relocate it.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying Zumba. It should be a blast. Oh, and I didn't gain all my weight back...only 1/2 pound. I'm really surprised since I ate horribly and didn't exercise all last week! LOL!

I hope you're enjoying your vacation and that the weather is beautiful!!
August 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
My abs are killing me... I have an ultrasound Wednesday to see if I have a cyst on my left ovary and I'm pretty sure I do and that's why I'm in sooo much pain
I hope they figure it out and can take care of it. Being in pain is no fun!!! Good luck!!!
August 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
My BF just saw a fox outside so that must be what it was. I am so relieved it's not a fisher!!! But, I won't be totally happy until the kitties come home. He told me if he sees the fox again, he'll kill it but I don't want him to. I would much rather trap and relocate it.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying Zumba. It should be a blast. Oh, and I didn't gain all my weight back...only 1/2 pound. I'm really surprised since I ate horribly and didn't exercise all last week! LOL!

I hope you're enjoying your vacation and that the weather is beautiful!!
Sorry to hear the kitties aren't back yet. Foxes are pretty sweet creatures but I understand having one close to the house can be frightening.

Quote:
I hope they figure it out and can take care of it. Being in pain is no fun!!! Good luck!!!
Thanks hun! Yeah it sucks but it's not unusual for me to get cysts

My blog

August 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM
The kitties are now home, safe & sound. One came in about an hour ago and the other one finally decided to show up. I am SO relieved!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to call the Dept. of Wildlife & find out what my options are in terms of trapping and relocating so that my BF doesn't have to kill it. They're so pretty and I'd hate to have it killed for no reason.

Katie, I hope your pain has gone away and that it doesn't interfere with your sleep. How is your hand healing?
August 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hey ladies we are having lots of fun on our vacation. The weather has been beautiful and the food has been even better..lol. Eating lots of fish which is my favorite.

Katie I'm sorry about the cyst. Will they surgically remove it or give you some sort of medicine to help it. I've never had one but I'm sure that it is painful. I hope the pain goes away quickly.

Sarah so glad that your kitties are home safe and sound. what is a fisher cat? Never heard of one but I'm guessing that it's not good. I must have read your post wrong, glad you only gained 1/2 pound and not all your weight back. I'm going to be afraid of getting on the scale after our vacation.

August 16th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
The kitties are now home, safe & sound. One came in about an hour ago and the other one finally decided to show up. I am SO relieved!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to call the Dept. of Wildlife & find out what my options are in terms of trapping and relocating so that my BF doesn't have to kill it. They're so pretty and I'd hate to have it killed for no reason.

Katie, I hope your pain has gone away and that it doesn't interfere with your sleep. How is your hand healing?
Glad the kitties are home safe and sound The Dept. of Wildlife might actually come set traps for you. I know around here they do. Still in pain and didn't really get much sleep.

Quote:
Hey ladies we are having lots of fun on our vacation. The weather has been beautiful and the food has been even better..lol. Eating lots of fish which is my favorite.

Katie I'm sorry about the cyst. Will they surgically remove it or give you some sort of medicine to help it. I've never had one but I'm sure that it is painful. I hope the pain goes away quickly.

Sarah so glad that your kitties are home safe and sound. what is a fisher cat? Never heard of one but I'm guessing that it's not good. I must have read your post wrong, glad you only gained 1/2 pound and not all your weight back. I'm going to be afraid of getting on the scale after our vacation.
Glad to hear your enjoying your vacation I hate fish so I would not be having a good vacation if I was eating that

Usually the cysts burst on their on when you get AF but if it's too large they might have to remove it.

My blog

August 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Melissa, a fisher cat is a weasel-type animal (but bigger) and they are really nasty. They're one of the only animals known to actively hunt porcupines which is interesting. I just wish they also didn't hunt cats.

Katie, thanks for the info on the Dept. of Wildlife. I hope they can help me out so the fox has a chance. The thought of a cyst bursting sounds horrible...does it hurt really bad when that happens? Is that a symptom of PCOS?

I'm not sure if I'll get a workout today. My BF didn't go out on the boat because of high winds so he's home today. If he works outside in his shop then I'll be able to. I hope you all have a great Tuesday!!
August 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM
If it is a larger cyst I will be in agony when it bursts. It is a side effect of the PCOS. It sucks

My blog

August 17th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
If it is a larger cyst I will be in agony when it bursts. It is a side effect of the PCOS. It sucks
Oh that sounds awful! I hope it isn't large!

I was able to get in a workout yesterday and last night I made that buttermilk chicken. It was delicious! Today I'm watching my friend's 2 kids so I won't get a chance to work out. I'll try to double up tomorrow though.
August 17th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Oh that sounds awful! I hope it isn't large!

I was able to get in a workout yesterday and last night I made that buttermilk chicken. It was delicious! Today I'm watching my friend's 2 kids so I won't get a chance to work out. I'll try to double up tomorrow though.
Mmm buttermilk chicken sounds good I had rosemary chicken last night. I did not work out last night because I'm still in pain. I'm hoping the cyst bursts soon so I can feel normal again.

My blog

August 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Rosemary chicken sounds great too!! Good luck with the cyst!!!
August 17th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks Had my ultrasound now just need to see what the doctor says when they call with the results.

My blog

August 17th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Sarah, I'm glad you liked the buttermilk chicken. it is one of my favorites. For breakfast this morning I had an omelet made with crab and cheese. It was awesome.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search