Work Out Check In Aug 22 to Aug 28

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Sarah I am so sorry that AF showed up. I was so hopeful for you. Hopefully your doctor can do her magic and get you your rainbow baby. I don't blame you for getting drunk and eating lots of crappy food. Have lots of fun and have a drink for me.

Walking a few miles to Walmart is definitely a workout. Especially if you bought a few things since you had to carry them home.

I actually don't mind the nausea. I welcome all the symptons. Makes me think all is well.
Thanks Melissa. I go in on Saturday to do bloodwork for my Clomid Challenge test and I picked up my prescription for Clomid today for that as well. I'm hoping that the Clomid actually helps be have a wicked ovulation this cycle.

I actually didn't walk to Walmart. The closest one to me is a 15-20 minute drive. My workout was walking around Walmart! LOL! I did do some heavy lifting while I was there. With 3 dogs, we need BIG bags of dog food! And with a lobsterman for a boyfriend I need BIG jugs of laundry detergent! So I guess I did a bit of cross training while shopping!

I know what you mean about welcoming all symptoms. I can't wait for that and I get so upset when my pregnant friends (who have gone through losses) complain about that. I always remind them that I would give anything for morning sickness and everything else. Heck, I'll be find with strict bed rest if it will help me get my rainbow baby!
August 25th, 2011, 01:26 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
I actually didn't walk to Walmart. The closest one to me is a 15-20 minute drive. My workout was walking around Walmart! LOL! I did do some heavy lifting while I was there. With 3 dogs, we need BIG bags of dog food! And with a lobsterman for a boyfriend I need BIG jugs of laundry detergent! So I guess I did a bit of cross training while shopping!
Okay that is too funny!! And yes I would definitely count that as a workout. We have 3 dogs, a shizu, schnauser (no idea how to spell that) and a golden retriever. Dogs are awesome and yes sometimes i feel like they are going to eat me out of house and home.

I so hope the clomid does the trick.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Okay that is too funny!! And yes I would definitely count that as a workout. We have 3 dogs, a shizu, schnauser (no idea how to spell that) and a golden retriever. Dogs are awesome and yes sometimes i feel like they are going to eat me out of house and home.

I so hope the clomid does the trick.
OMG! You have a Golden? I had a Golden Retriever who I lost last year to bone cancer. He was only 5! I miss him every day and am dying to get another one. I got my girl, Pepper, when I found out he was dying because I couldn't deal with living without a dog. This was before I got together with my BF who had 2 dogs of his own. I love Pepper, but would give anything to have the goofy, waggy, loving personality of a Golden again. If you're interested, before I found out about Casey's illness, I briefly started a blog talking from his point of view. The link is here: Casey the Wonderdog. I constantly hint to my BF that I want another Golden but he says 3 dogs is enough for now. I love all dogs, but there is something special about Goldens.
August 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Casey is a beautiful dog. I love your blog. The rainbow bridge always makes me cry. Golden's are my favorite. I lost my first golden in April 2008 about a month before DH and I got married. I cried myself to sleep for weeks after she died. She was 12 so I was very lucky that she lived that long. My parents bought me Emma who is my golden now as a wedding present. She is so wonderful. She is our only dog that gets to sleep in our bedroom. The two boys sleep in the living room. She's our big baby. I understand hinting at wanting another golden. I think I will always have one. I can't imagine my house without one.

Our schnauzer is named Pepper. He is salt and pepper color so DH named him Pepper..lol.

August 25th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Casey is a beautiful dog. I love your blog. The rainbow bridge always makes me cry. Golden's are my favorite. I lost my first golden in April 2008 about a month before DH and I got married. I cried myself to sleep for weeks after she died. She was 12 so I was very lucky that she lived that long. My parents bought me Emma who is my golden now as a wedding present. She is so wonderful. She is our only dog that gets to sleep in our bedroom. The two boys sleep in the living room. She's our big baby. I understand hinting at wanting another golden. I think I will always have one. I can't imagine my house without one.

Our schnauzer is named Pepper. He is salt and pepper color so DH named him Pepper..lol.
That's right! I forgot that you have a dog named Pepper too! My girl came with the name and I kept it because a) I thought it was unique, b) it was just too cute, and c)her previous owner sent her to the shelter with a giant dog bed with the name "Pepper" embroidered on it.
Thank you for looking at Casey's blog. In many ways it expresses his personality. I think I've read it once since he passed away, but normally I can't even look at it without crying. I love that your parents gave you a Golden for your wedding. How sweet and thoughtful! When my BF & I get engaged, I'm definitely going to hint to my parents that a Golden would be the perfect gift! With Casey, I found out he was dying on June 15. The vet told me he had "a couple weeks to a couple months" to live. I made the most out of every second. My bosses allowed me to bring him to work with me every day, I took him everywhere else too, I took him swimming, took him for walks, cooked his meals, etc. He ended up living for 2 months longer than projected. Making the decision to let him go was so hard, but I knew it was time. I also cry every time I read the rainbow bridge poem, but it also gives me comfort. I guess the lesson learned is to appreciate and embrace every moment we have...not only with our furbabies, but also with our families, friends, and everything in life. Wow...how did I get so far off of our fitness conversation? LOL! Sorry!
August 26th, 2011, 05:50 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Melissa how are you doing? How are you feeling?

Sarah I hope the Clomid works for you! Advice from me is take it at night right before you go to bed so you sleep through the worst of the side effects

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 26th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Sarah yes we did get off our fitness topic but that's okay. I enjoyed learning about Casey and reading his blog. So glad you got to spend extra special time with him in the end. That makes it alot easier.

Katie I'm feeling really good just tired. But I think that might be from the crazy week of work I've been having. How have you been doing? Has AF let up a little bit.

Sarah I so hope the clomid works and I would definitely take Katie's advise. I don't have any experience with Clomid so I'm no help.

Back to our topic at hand..lol. I did get up and workout this morning. I did 60 minutes of step aerobics. I got a new DVD so I did that one. Lots of fun but the choreography was a bit hard for me. Maybe I'll get it next time I do it.

Last night we had pork tenderloin for dinner. I have to remember to post the recipe in our recipe section because it is so good and so easy. I'll try to do that tonight when I get home.

Hope you ladies have a great day!!

August 26th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Melissa how are you doing? How are you feeling?

Sarah I hope the Clomid works for you! Advice from me is take it at night right before you go to bed so you sleep through the worst of the side effects
Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely worried about side effects but if I sleep through them then it'll be fine. I may take some Benadryl too so I make sure I sleep through them. The one side effect that I really hope it gives me is twins! LOL!

Katie, how are you feeling? Is the witch headed out? Any motivation?
Melissa, how are things going for you? Are you able to get the energy for workouts? Just think...now you have a good excuse to eat a lot!

Quote:
Sarah yes we did get off our fitness topic but that's okay. I enjoyed learning about Casey and reading his blog. So glad you got to spend extra special time with him in the end. That makes it alot easier.

Katie I'm feeling really good just tired. But I think that might be from the crazy week of work I've been having. How have you been doing? Has AF let up a little bit.

Sarah I so hope the clomid works and I would definitely take Katie's advise. I don't have any experience with Clomid so I'm no help.

Back to our topic at hand..lol. I did get up and workout this morning. I did 60 minutes of step aerobics. I got a new DVD so I did that one. Lots of fun but the choreography was a bit hard for me. Maybe I'll get it next time I do it.

Last night we had pork tenderloin for dinner. I have to remember to post the recipe in our recipe section because it is so good and so easy. I'll try to do that tonight when I get home.

LOL! Sorry, I was writing my post while you posted this so I didn't see it. Step aerobics can be so much fun but I totally agree about the choreography. I used to get so confused and I'd yell at the TV telling them to slow down! LOL! The pork tenderloin sounds amazing!
August 26th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:

Sorry you've been so tired. I'm always exhausted for the first several months in pregnancy. Glad to hear you had a good workout this morning.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely worried about side effects but if I sleep through them then it'll be fine. I may take some Benadryl too so I make sure I sleep through them. The one side effect that I really hope it gives me is twins! LOL!

Katie, how are you feeling? Is the witch headed out? Any motivation?
Melissa, how are things going for you? Are you able to get the energy for workouts? Just think...now you have a good excuse to eat a lot!
I slept through most of the side effects except for the emotional basket-case one lol. I couldn't control my feelings. One minute I was happy, then crying then screaming.

AF is almost done so that's the good news. Still sleepy due to the Femara but that will last awhile.

On the workout part: DH and I will be removing all outdoor items this even and packing them away

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 26th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Sorry you've been so tired. I'm always exhausted for the first several months in pregnancy. Glad to hear you had a good workout this morning.

I slept through most of the side effects except for the emotional basket-case one lol. I couldn't control my feelings. One minute I was happy, then crying then screaming.

AF is almost done so that's the good news. Still sleepy due to the Femara but that will last awhile.

On the workout part: DH and I will be removing all outdoor items this even and packing them away
Sigh....I have kept myself in denial that winter is just around the corner, but yeah..it can't be ignored. I did a bunch of work outside today too so that was my workout as well.

I'm glad AF is on her way out!! What does the Femara do? I have to say, I am most worried about me turning into an emotional wreck with the Clomid. I haven't decided if I should warn my BF ahead of time or just make him suffer through it! LOL!

I doubt that I'll get a workout in tomorrow since I have the wedding to go to. But, that isn't until the afternoon so maybe I'll force myself to workout in the morning. I have no idea how well I'll eat but I'm going to try to eat healthy at the wedding. I will hopefully also be doing a lot of dancing!!

Do any of you have any fun plans for the weekend?
August 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately we don't really have any fun plans this weekend. Tomorrow I have a baby shower to attend. My best friend is expecting her first baby in November and her shower is tomorrow. She also suffered a loss so she knows exactly what I've been through. Other than that we don't have any plans.

My workout this weekend will be cleaning the house. I always seems to have lack of motivation on the weekend more so that during the week.. Going to try to eat really healthy though this weekend. Definitely going to try to get a few more workouts in next week.

Hope you girls have a great weekend.

August 27th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately we don't really have any fun plans this weekend. Tomorrow I have a baby shower to attend. My best friend is expecting her first baby in November and her shower is tomorrow. She also suffered a loss so she knows exactly what I've been through. Other than that we don't have any plans.

My workout this weekend will be cleaning the house. I always seems to have lack of motivation on the weekend more so that during the week.. Going to try to eat really healthy though this weekend. Definitely going to try to get a few more workouts in next week.

I hope you have fun at the baby shower! Does your friend know about your BFP?

Cleaning the house is still a decent workout. You'll be sure to burn a couple hundred calories. I say weekends are meant for no motivation anyway. I rarely work out then. It's my time of rest. I can't stop thinking about that crabmeat omelet you had when you were on vacation. I've wanted one ever since you mentioned it. What kind of cheese did it have in it? When I was in Vegas the last time, I had an omelet with tomatoes and avocado and it was unbelievable. I had never thought about putting avocado in an omelet but was so glad I ordered it. Every once in a while I'll make one for myself.
August 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Sigh....I have kept myself in denial that winter is just around the corner, but yeah..it can't be ignored. I did a bunch of work outside today too so that was my workout as well.

I'm glad AF is on her way out!! What does the Femara do? I have to say, I am most worried about me turning into an emotional wreck with the Clomid. I haven't decided if I should warn my BF ahead of time or just make him suffer through it! LOL!

I doubt that I'll get a workout in tomorrow since I have the wedding to go to. But, that isn't until the afternoon so maybe I'll force myself to workout in the morning. I have no idea how well I'll eat but I'm going to try to eat healthy at the wedding. I will hopefully also be doing a lot of dancing!!

Do any of you have any fun plans for the weekend?
I would warn him ahead of time. Clomid stressed DH & I's relationship to the max lol. He knew it was for a baby so he "dealt" with it lol

Quote:

I hope your baby shower went well and it's not too hard on you. ((HUGS))

I'm cleaning as my workout today Not much else we could do with this weather lol.

My blog

August 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
The food at the wedding was awesome and most of it was really diet-friendly. I was even good and didn't eat any of the cake! My work out was definitely dancing!! The girls and I (and a couple of stray guys) danced a ton and the music was fabulous!! Today I won't be working out. It's raining out now and chances are we'll lose power at some point.

I hope you ladies are having a great weekend!!! Melissa, maybe Katie & I should've come to visit you this weekend in nice, dry Tennessee to get away from rainy Irene!!!

Quote:
I would warn him ahead of time. Clomid stressed DH & I's relationship to the max lol. He knew it was for a baby so he "dealt" with it lol
Thanks for the advice! I will be sure to warn him!
August 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
The food at the wedding was awesome and most of it was really diet-friendly. I was even good and didn't eat any of the cake! My work out was definitely dancing!! The girls and I (and a couple of stray guys) danced a ton and the music was fabulous!! Today I won't be working out. It's raining out now and chances are we'll lose power at some point.

I hope you ladies are having a great weekend!!! Melissa, maybe Katie & I should've come to visit you this weekend in nice, dry Tennessee to get away from rainy Irene!!!

Thanks for the advice! I will be sure to warn him!
Glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding! I love to dance so that's always a good workout for me. So far DH and I are having a pretty good weekend even with Irene. She is through here but it's still raining. There are a lot of downed trees, power lines and lots of flooding but we have been very fortunate. I think if it quits raining I'm going to go for a walk with my camera Hope your staying safe Sarah and Melissa I hope your enjoying your weekend.

My blog

August 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding! I love to dance so that's always a good workout for me. So far DH and I are having a pretty good weekend even with Irene. She is through here but it's still raining. There are a lot of downed trees, power lines and lots of flooding but we have been very fortunate. I think if it quits raining I'm going to go for a walk with my camera Hope your staying safe Sarah and Melissa I hope your enjoying your weekend.
Yes, the dancing was a great workout! Plus, there was a lot of laughing...so bad my stomach hurt and I'm pretty sure that burned some calories too!

Katie, I hope you don't lose power and that trees don't fall anywhere near you! It would be great to see some pics but be safe!! I'm going to go with my BF in a little while to check on his boat. The wind is picking up here now and he wants to make sure everything's good. I'll try to get some pics of the coast when I'm down there.

Melissa, how are you doing this weekend?
August 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Glad you guys are doing okay in Irene. I've been thinking about you and hoping that Irene was not too brutal on you guys. We desparetely need some rain here in Tennessee. It has been so dry.

The baby shower was okay. I'm really happy for my friend but the shower was still a little bit hard even with my BFP. Sarah I have not told my friend yet. We haven't really told anybody yet. I think we are going to go ahead and tell our parents but will probably wait awhile before telling everybody else. I'm still feeling really good about this preg. and just hope that all will go well.

Sarah was BF's boat okay? I hope so and I hope both you and Katie don't lose power.

Sarah I believe the crabmeat and cheese omelet had cheddar cheese in it. I bought some crab meat and I think DH and I are going to have one for dinner one night this week. The avocado and tomat omelet sounds really good. I love avocado but have never thought of putting that in an omelet but I may just have to try to. You should definitely try the crabmeat omelet, especially since you can get some good crabmeat. I hope the clomid isn't to hard on you but I really hope it works then it will have all been worth it.

Katie did you get your house cleaned? Hope you both had a great weekend. I'm going to try to get up and workout tomorrow morning.

August 29th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Yes, the dancing was a great workout! Plus, there was a lot of laughing...so bad my stomach hurt and I'm pretty sure that burned some calories too!

Katie, I hope you don't lose power and that trees don't fall anywhere near you! It would be great to see some pics but be safe!! I'm going to go with my BF in a little while to check on his boat. The wind is picking up here now and he wants to make sure everything's good. I'll try to get some pics of the coast when I'm down there.

Melissa, how are you doing this weekend?
Glad to hear that it was a good time! How is your BF's boat? Did you get any pictures? DH and I did not get to take a walk. I started more cleaning and then got to involved in that

Quote:
Glad you guys are doing okay in Irene. I've been thinking about you and hoping that Irene was not too brutal on you guys. We desparetely need some rain here in Tennessee. It has been so dry.

The baby shower was okay. I'm really happy for my friend but the shower was still a little bit hard even with my BFP. Sarah I have not told my friend yet. We haven't really told anybody yet. I think we are going to go ahead and tell our parents but will probably wait awhile before telling everybody else. I'm still feeling really good about this preg. and just hope that all will go well.

Sarah was BF's boat okay? I hope so and I hope both you and Katie don't lose power.

Sarah I believe the crabmeat and cheese omelet had cheddar cheese in it. I bought some crab meat and I think DH and I are going to have one for dinner one night this week. The avocado and tomat omelet sounds really good. I love avocado but have never thought of putting that in an omelet but I may just have to try to. You should definitely try the crabmeat omelet, especially since you can get some good crabmeat. I hope the clomid isn't to hard on you but I really hope it works then it will have all been worth it.

Katie did you get your house cleaned? Hope you both had a great weekend. I'm going to try to get up and workout tomorrow morning.
((HUGS)) Baby showers are always really hard on me. We did not lose power so we are good I did get some cleaning but I have a lot more I want to do. I am doing a whole house, fall cleaning where I throw lots away.

How is everyone doing?

My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search