Work Out Check In Aug 29 to Sept. 4

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 05:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Monday Morning Ladies. I hope everybody had great weekends. Sarah I hope all is well up where your at. Hopefully no flooding and you still have power. Katie I'm glad that you didn't lose power.

Katie I wish I had your house cleaning motivation. My house needs a fall cleaning desparately. We moved this spring and just stuck stuff everywhere planning on finding a better spot for it later then time got away from us and we never straightened up. So my closets are a mess. Maybe I'll try this weekend to get a bit cleaned out.

So I got up and did 60 minutes of step aerobics this morning. So much fun and working out definitely helps with the nausea. If I can just get going it seems to go away. Hopefully I can keep it up. I had some more eggs for breakfast. Sarah I am so loving the organic eggs. I bought some with extra Omega 3 and they are so yummy.

I hope you guys have a great Monday!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 29th, 2011, 06:26 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Good Monday Morning Ladies. I hope everybody had great weekends. Sarah I hope all is well up where your at. Hopefully no flooding and you still have power. Katie I'm glad that you didn't lose power.

Katie I wish I had your house cleaning motivation. My house needs a fall cleaning desparately. We moved this spring and just stuck stuff everywhere planning on finding a better spot for it later then time got away from us and we never straightened up. So my closets are a mess. Maybe I'll try this weekend to get a bit cleaned out.

So I got up and did 60 minutes of step aerobics this morning. So much fun and working out definitely helps with the nausea. If I can just get going it seems to go away. Hopefully I can keep it up. I had some more eggs for breakfast. Sarah I am so loving the organic eggs. I bought some with extra Omega 3 and they are so yummy.

Hey Melissa!! I'm glad the workout helps with nausea! Does it help with your energy level too? I'm so glad you like the organic eggs too! Aren't they fabulous? It's amazing what a difference it makes. I can't wait until we get chickens so I can have them for free whenever I want! Just my luck though, I'll have stubborn annovulatory chickens! LOL!!

I hear you with the lack of motivation for cleaning! It's so hard to start, but once you get going, it feels so good. If I have a lot of cleaning to do, I tell myself that once it's done I can take a nap! That little reward helps get me going.

I'm sorry to hear you all need rain in Tennessee! A few years ago, my ex-husband and I took a 3 month long RV road trip and Tennessee was one of our favorite states. I thought it was gorgeous!!! I was amazed at how clean Nashville was and it had such a great vibe. I also loved Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Heck, I loved all of Tennessee!

We only lost power for a while yesterday luckily. It came back on in time to record The Real Housewives of New Jersey so I'm happy about that. We went down and checked on my BF's boat, once in the afternoon and again last night. I will get some pics posted in a little while. It was definitely not good boating weather!

I think my workout today will be cleaning a lot. I may even try to mow the lawn once it dries out. It is a gorgeous sunny day now and you'd never know there was just a hurricane a few hours ago. Yesterday I made a corned beef dinner since it was something easy and I could cook it on our gas stove so leftovers will be the meal today. It's not the healthiest but the cabbage and rutabaga are good for fiber (I think). I may have some eggs for breakfast to start myself off right.

Katie, I'm glad you didn't lose power and that you are safe!
August 29th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Hey Melissa!! I'm glad the workout helps with nausea! Does it help with your energy level too? I'm so glad you like the organic eggs too! Aren't they fabulous? It's amazing what a difference it makes. I can't wait until we get chickens so I can have them for free whenever I want! Just my luck though, I'll have stubborn annovulatory chickens! LOL!!
Okay this made me laugh out loud. Can chickens be annovulatory? LOL!!

Working out does seem to help with my energy level. I'm not as tired as I was last time so I guess that is because of the working out.

So glad that you didn't get hit too hard by the hurricane and that now you have a beautiful Monday morning. Always makes it easier to get going on Monday when the weather is nice. Glad BF's boat is okay also.

OOh I love cornbeef and cabbage. I usually cook mine in the crock pot. I start it before I leave for work so when I come home my whole house smells awesome and dinner is ready. May have to get some soon. i don't think it's that bad for you.

Sarah have fun mowing. I hate mowing. Now we have such a big yard that DH uses the riding lawn mower and I don't have to mow. yea!!

August 29th, 2011, 07:23 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:

Glad to hear that working out helps with your nausea. That's awesome and I hope it continues to! I get in the mood to clean and then it's like watch out because everything gets done. DH doesn't like it because sometimes things disappear lol.

Quote:

I hear you with the lack of motivation for cleaning! It's so hard to start, but once you get going, it feels so good. If I have a lot of cleaning to do, I tell myself that once it's done I can take a nap! That little reward helps get me going.

I'm sorry to hear you all need rain in Tennessee! A few years ago, my ex-husband and I took a 3 month long RV road trip and Tennessee was one of our favorite states. I thought it was gorgeous!!! I was amazed at how clean Nashville was and it had such a great vibe. I also loved Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Heck, I loved all of Tennessee!

We only lost power for a while yesterday luckily. It came back on in time to record The Real Housewives of New Jersey so I'm happy about that. We went down and checked on my BF's boat, once in the afternoon and again last night. I will get some pics posted in a little while. It was definitely not good boating weather!

I think my workout today will be cleaning a lot. I may even try to mow the lawn once it dries out. It is a gorgeous sunny day now and you'd never know there was just a hurricane a few hours ago. Yesterday I made a corned beef dinner since it was something easy and I could cook it on our gas stove so leftovers will be the meal today. It's not the healthiest but the cabbage and rutabaga are good for fiber (I think). I may have some eggs for breakfast to start myself off right.

Katie, I'm glad you didn't lose power and that you are safe!
LOL about the chickens. I don't eat eggs very often. I used to eat them all the time but then DH and I got sick of them. I usually just grab some kind of Special K bar for breakfast anymore. Can't wait to see the pictures. I hope your cleaning goes well and you get to mow the lawn.

I think tonight DH and I will go for a walk if my cleaning spree doesn't continue

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 29th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Okay this made me laugh out loud. Can chickens be annovulatory? LOL!!

Working out does seem to help with my energy level. I'm not as tired as I was last time so I guess that is because of the working out.

So glad that you didn't get hit too hard by the hurricane and that now you have a beautiful Monday morning. Always makes it easier to get going on Monday when the weather is nice. Glad BF's boat is okay also.

OOh I love cornbeef and cabbage. I usually cook mine in the crock pot. I start it before I leave for work so when I come home my whole house smells awesome and dinner is ready. May have to get some soon. i don't think it's that bad for you.

Sarah have fun mowing. I hate mowing. Now we have such a big yard that DH uses the riding lawn mower and I don't have to mow. yea!!
I actually think chickens can be annovulatory. I've heard of some people getting frustrated with hens who won't lay eggs. I think they tend to be the older ones...maybe they're menopausal!

I started my dinner off in the crock pot but when the power went out I switched to the stove. More dishes for me, lol!

I love riding lawn mowers! Ours is a push mower which sucks but it's such a good workout and it's nice to be outside. When I lived in NH, my ex-husband and I had about 3 acres of lawn so we had a riding mower. I'd have a blast cruising around on it with a beer! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Glad to hear that working out helps with your nausea. That's awesome and I hope it continues to! I get in the mood to clean and then it's like watch out because everything gets done. DH doesn't like it because sometimes things disappear lol.

LOL about the chickens. I don't eat eggs very often. I used to eat them all the time but then DH and I got sick of them. I usually just grab some kind of Special K bar for breakfast anymore. Can't wait to see the pictures. I hope your cleaning goes well and you get to mow the lawn.

I think tonight DH and I will go for a walk if my cleaning spree doesn't continue
I love those Special K bars!! They are so good! I always eat too many though because they're so small!

I hear you with the cleaning and the confused man! My BF accuses me of hiding things when all I've done is put them where they belong! LOL!

Have a great walk!! That's such a nice and relaxing workout!!

I see in your siggy that you're the co-host of PAL now!! When did that happen? Congratulations!!!
August 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
I actually think chickens can be annovulatory. I've heard of some people getting frustrated with hens who won't lay eggs. I think they tend to be the older ones...maybe they're menopausal!

I started my dinner off in the crock pot but when the power went out I switched to the stove. More dishes for me, lol!

I love riding lawn mowers! Ours is a push mower which sucks but it's such a good workout and it's nice to be outside. When I lived in NH, my ex-husband and I had about 3 acres of lawn so we had a riding mower. I'd have a blast cruising around on it with a beer! LOL!

I love those Special K bars!! They are so good! I always eat too many though because they're so small!

I hear you with the cleaning and the confused man! My BF accuses me of hiding things when all I've done is put them where they belong! LOL!

I see in your siggy that you're the co-host of PAL now!! When did that happen? Congratulations!!!
Lol at the poor annovulatory menopausal chickens! I'm doing well with only eating one of the special K bars, my bad habit is soda! I quit and start right back up again

I became co-host of PAL last week or the week before I believe Thanks! I applied on a whim because I hope to join there and I'm always posting there checking in with the graduates from here.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:

Never tried driving the riding lawn mower and drinking beer. Might be fun. Just as long as you don't fall off..lol.

DH says the same thing when I do spring cleaning. he says he can't find anything and I just tell him that I put it up. Problem is sometimes I can't remember where. lol.

Hope you have a great walk Katie. When DH and I lived in a subdivision we would take a long walk after dinner almost every night. I miss that. Now we just sit on our back porch and talk and enjoy the silence. We live on 5 acres and we love it.

August 29th, 2011, 05:52 PM
So my DH got the job that he had interviewed for last week. I am so happy but at the same time I'm a bit worried. We can't get health insurance through his new job until Nov so that will be a month and a half before we get the insurance. We are checking into cobra. I don't know much about it but I do know that it is expensive. Also DH doesn't get any time off for 3 months so the first 3 months of appointments he won't be there. I hate the idea of going to an appointment without DH.

I'm going to try to look at the bright side that DH will hopefully have a job that he likes so much better than his current job. he'll be making a bit more money plus his drive goes from an hour to 15 minutes. Hoping it will all work out.

I know this is nothing about working out but just needed to get it all out. Thanks ladies for always listening.

August 30th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
So my DH got the job that he had interviewed for last week. I am so happy but at the same time I'm a bit worried. We can't get health insurance through his new job until Nov so that will be a month and a half before we get the insurance. We are checking into cobra. I don't know much about it but I do know that it is expensive. Also DH doesn't get any time off for 3 months so the first 3 months of appointments he won't be there. I hate the idea of going to an appointment without DH.

I'm going to try to look at the bright side that DH will hopefully have a job that he likes so much better than his current job. he'll be making a bit more money plus his drive goes from an hour to 15 minutes. Hoping it will all work out.

I know this is nothing about working out but just needed to get it all out. Thanks ladies for always listening.
First of all, Congratulations to your DH for getting that job!!! I totally understand your anxieties, but in the long run, I think you'll be much happier with it. I'm sorry about the insurance! Will they reimburse you once it kicks in? I did Cobra once a few years ago and it was insanely expensive! Ridiculous! That's too bad that he can't come to any appointments with you, but I'm sure he'll make up for it. Can you have him on your cell phone during the appointments so that he can at least listen in and offer support?

I never mowed the lawn yesterday....just did house cleaning and ran some errands with my BF. I may tackle it today or maybe I'll just do a workout on the XBox and mow tomorrow. I took my first Clomid pills last night. I took them at 8 and didn't end up falling asleep until after 10. I didn't have any side effects up until then and have no idea if anything happened while I was asleep.

Katie, how was your walk last night?
August 30th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
First of all, Congratulations to your DH for getting that job!!! I totally understand your anxieties, but in the long run, I think you'll be much happier with it. I'm sorry about the insurance! Will they reimburse you once it kicks in? I did Cobra once a few years ago and it was insanely expensive! Ridiculous! That's too bad that he can't come to any appointments with you, but I'm sure he'll make up for it. Can you have him on your cell phone during the appointments so that he can at least listen in and offer support?

I never mowed the lawn yesterday....just did house cleaning and ran some errands with my BF. I may tackle it today or maybe I'll just do a workout on the XBox and mow tomorrow. I took my first Clomid pills last night. I took them at 8 and didn't end up falling asleep until after 10. I didn't have any side effects up until then and have no idea if anything happened while I was asleep.

Katie, how was your walk last night?
No the insurance won't reimburse us for any of the cobra cost and yes it is going to be expensive. We will only have to pay for it for 6 weeks and then DH's insurance at new job will kick in so hopefully the cost won't be too bad. I think it will be about $1300 per month which is pretty steep. We will probably have to dig into our savings to pay for premiums. I didn't think of having him on the cell phone during the appointments. I may try that. He is hoping that if we can make the appointments early enough he can just go in late and then work late. I would just hate for him to miss the ultrasounds.

Sarah I'm so glad that you didn't seem to have any bad side effects from the clomid. Hopefully Katie's suggestion of taking it right before bed will continue to work.

No workout for me this morning. We stayed up way too late and I couldn't get up. Going to try to do atleast 30 minutes when I get home from work.

Katie hope you had a good walk last night.

August 30th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Going in early and staying late should work. I'm sure you'd feel better if he can go with you.

Good luck with your workout tonight! I came home from work and did a bunch of cleaning. Now I'm in panic mode because I've found 3 huge spiders in the house. I managed to kill 2 of them, but one of them is in the sink with some dishes and I have to wait until it either crawls out or my BF gets home. I don't know where they came from all of a sudden but I'm totally freaking out! I feel them crawling all over me! I'm definitely getting a lot of exercise running around with bug killer spray and a flip flop! LOL!
August 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
LOL!!! I'm picturing you running all over your house carrying your flip flop and bug spray!! Did you every kill the third spider? I hate spiders also. I usually yell at DH to come kill it and then he makes fun of me. I know when the weather starts changing we seem to get more spiders coming in the house also. Sounds like it might be time for the Orkin man. Hope you found it and it does sound like you got all your exercise in for the day!!

August 30th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
LOL!!! I'm picturing you running all over your house carrying your flip flop and bug spray!! Did you every kill the third spider? I hate spiders also. I usually yell at DH to come kill it and then he makes fun of me. I know when the weather starts changing we seem to get more spiders coming in the house also. Sounds like it might be time for the Orkin man. Hope you found it and it does sound like you got all your exercise in for the day!!
LOL!! Yes, it was quite a sight! My BF laughs at me too so I'm glad he wasn't here to witness it! I did get the 3rd one. After consulting one of my friends with a round of text message suggestions, I finally coated him with honey to immobilize him. Then I got the dishes out of the sink and then flushed him down the drain with scalding hot water. Once it was safe, I soaked the dishes in soapy boiling water to get any essence of spider off of them. Phew!!! I feel better now

Melissa, did you get a workout in? How about you, Katie?
August 30th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Hey ladies! DH and I got a nice walk in last night. Tonight DH had a football game so I was running the field with them photographing

Sarah I'm glad the Clomid isn't having any side effects for you. Hopefully that continues!

Melissa that is awesome that your DH got a new job. I'm not sure how your state is but can you get Medical Assistance until your DH's new job insurance kicks in? I know my friend got the MA since she was pregnant and it covered everything until his insurance kicked in.

My blog

August 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
LOL!! Yes, it was quite a sight! My BF laughs at me too so I'm glad he wasn't here to witness it! I did get the 3rd one. After consulting one of my friends with a round of text message suggestions, I finally coated him with honey to immobilize him. Then I got the dishes out of the sink and then flushed him down the drain with scalding hot water. Once it was safe, I soaked the dishes in soapy boiling water to get any essence of spider off of them. Phew!!! I feel better now

Melissa, did you get a workout in? How about you, Katie?
Sarah you are too funny!! never would have thought of putting honey on him to immobilize him. Pretty good idea. Glad you got him all taken care of. I told DH last night that he needed to spray for bugs soon.

I did not get a workout in yesterday. Just too tired. I did get up this morning though and did 60 minutes of circuit training. And I ordered 3 new workouts which I'm looking foward to getting. Hopefully they will give me some more motivation. We had buttermilk chicken for dinner last night which was so yummy!! I think it is my favorite thing to eat. Tonight we are having Bada Bing Pork Chops which are a favorite of mine also. Can't wait.

Thanks for the advice on medical insurance Katie. I think DH has got our cobra straightened out and we will only have to pay for it for one month which shouldn't be too bad. We are covered under his current job until the end of Sept and his new job's insurance will kick in Nov 1 so we will just need cobra for Oct. Atleast it's not too long.

What's on your guys plate today?

August 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Melissa, your meals always sound so good. I really enjoyed the buttermilk chicken too. I'll have to try those pork chops! Yum!!

I have been busy doing a bunch of cleaning this morning. I have to run some errands and do some yard work this afternoon so I'm active all day. I have some bug fogger stuff that is supposed to kill spiders so I'm going to set that off when I head out to the store. I've been busy clearing out all of the pet dishes and other things that I don't want to get contaminated.

I'm glad you only have to do Cobra for a month. It can definitely add up.

I think I'm starting to get the Clomid Crazies! I am feeling really cranky today. I hope it doesn't get worse!! I'm still waiting on my bloodwork results which isn't helping.

Katie, have you gotten your ultrasound results yet?
August 31st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Sarah sounds like you have a really active day!!! Don't have too much fun doing your yard work..lol. I hope the bug foggers work and you have no more bugs.

Sorry the clomid seems to be making you crazy. Do you take it the entire cycle? It will so be worth it if you get your BFP!! Have you heared back from your doctor yet?

Katie how are you today?

August 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Sarah sounds like you have a really active day!!! Don't have too much fun doing your yard work..lol. I hope the bug foggers work and you have no more bugs.

Sorry the clomid seems to be making you crazy. Do you take it the entire cycle? It will so be worth it if you get your BFP!! Have you heared back from your doctor yet?

Katie how are you today?
I hope the bug foggers worked too! I found a couple of dead moths, but that's it. I'm sure that any hidden spiders are goners too though. I also cleaned the house again. I didn't want any fogger residue on my counters, remotes, etc, so I wiped everything down and then vacuumed again. I'm so freaked out about chemicals. I was also able to get some good yard work done. I will consider all that my workout!

I only take the Clomid from days 5-9 so I have 3 more days of it. So far, the only side effect has been my crankiness. I had some pretty bad road rage today. Yikes!! Hopefully I will have a good side effect from it when ovulation time comes!! I still don't have my bloodwork results yet. I called & left a message but no one called me back and the office is closed now. It is so frustrating!!!

I hope your morning workout has given you some good energy today!! Right now I have that good, relaxed post-workout satisfaction feeling. It shows me that everything I did was indeed exercise!
August 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM
So, my BF just asked me to go out lobstering with him tomorrow. That will be a crazy, great workout!! I will have to wake up around 4-4:30....YAWN! I will try to get up before him so that I have time to put makeup on before he teases me (I never go anywhere without makeup on...I'm weird like that). I'm not sure what I'm going to pack for lunch but I figure with all the work I'm going to do, it doesn't matter. Plus, working with bait might just ruin any appetite I may have, lol. I'm really excited about it. I've never gone lobstering before so it should be interesting. I hope I get to see some whales or dolphins! Let's also hope my Clomid Crazies don't make me a total b***h on the boat....or else he might toss me overboard! LOL!

I probably won't be able to check in until tomorrow afternoon so I hope you ladies have a great day. Good luck with your workouts!!
September 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM
Sarah glad you only have to take clomid a few more days and yes I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it helps you at O time and you get your BFP. Lobstering sounds interesting. I've never been. Sounds like hard work though. I hope you have fun and yes I'm just like you I don't like to go out without makeup on. Helps hide the wrinkles..lol. DH makes fun of me sometimes also.

I didn't manage to get up this morning and workout. Way too tired. Hopefully tomorrow mornig I'll have a bit more energy. I doubt I'll get in a workout when I get home. DH is working on our house today so when I get home I'll have to play with DS outside until DH gets done. Maybe we can run around our property and that would be my workout..lol.

Did you get your results today? I hope so. The waiting is terrible. I go in tomorrow for bloodwork so I'll let you know how that goes. I just have such a strong feeling that this preg is going to be fine. It just feels so much different than last time. It feels more like my preg with DS so I'm praying that it will last.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search