Work Out Check In Sept 12 to Sept 18

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Monday Morning Ladies. I hope everybody had a wonderful weekend.

No workout for me this morning. Just not feeling very well and very tired. The morning sickness seems to be getting progressively worse which is exactly what happened with DS so that is a really good sign. I'm going to try to workout a little bit this afternoon when I get home from work.

Sarah I hope you have fun filling in at the law firm. I'll miss you on JM. it's not the same without you. Yes BLT's are awesome and you should definitely try the maple cured bacon. I don't think they are too bad for you. I just use 2 pieces of bacon, whole wheat bread (which is what I always eat) and then ligh mayo. So I guess the only fat is in the bacon.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Monday.

Katie are you still feeling sick to your stomach? did you test yet?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 12th, 2011, 07:25 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Melissa the morning sickness sounds like a very good sign. I hope you feel better this afternoon and get a work out in!

Sarah I hope the law firm is nice and you enjoy your time there. I know how JM withdrawals go. We will miss you. How is your TWW going? Any symptoms?

AFM: I felt horrible nauseous this am. I'm trying not to read too much into it but can't help it The baked chicken was wonderful yesterday. Tonight I'm making bbq ribs and baked potatoes. DH and I are going to try to walk the dogs too!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 12th, 2011, 03:32 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!

All went well at work. I've worked for them before so I knew what to expect. Everyone there is very nice and it's really laid back. One of the girls even brings her dog in so that's fun.

Melissa, I can't believe I'm saying this but I am so glad your morning sickness is getting worse! I think that's a GREAT sign!! I hope Katie & I will be joining you in the vomit club soon!

Katie, when are you going to test? I REALLY hope your nausea is pregnancy related!! Your dinner sounds fabulous!!! YUM!!

I got a little walking in today, although I didn't have a very healthy lunch...2 soft taco supremes from Taco Bell. Tonight it's burgers with lean meat and salad. I won't use a bun for mine so it'll be healthier.
September 12th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Melissa, I can't believe I'm saying this but I am so glad your morning sickness is getting worse! I think that's a GREAT sign!! I hope Katie & I will be joining you in the vomit club soon!
Right, who would imagine that one would be glad to be so sick..lol. I pray that you and Katie have your heads over the toilet real soon.

Sarah so glad you had a good day at work. I know you missed JM. We missed you.

Your lunch sounds awesome. I don't eat Taco Bell very often but it is so yummy and now I want some. May have to go there for lunch tomorrow.

We had some yummy crab cakes for dinner. Now don't laugh Sarah but i used canned crabmeat..lol. I know I'm not lucky enough to live right beside the ocean where i can get it often. They were still pretty good.

no workout for me today, just no motivation. I am hoping to get up tomorrow morning and get in a kettle bell (kettle corn..lol.) workout in.

Hope you guys have a good evening.

September 13th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
We had some yummy crab cakes for dinner. Now don't laugh Sarah but i used canned crabmeat..lol. I know I'm not lucky enough to live right beside the ocean where i can get it often. They were still pretty good.

no workout for me today, just no motivation. I am hoping to get up tomorrow morning and get in a kettle bell (kettle corn..lol.) workout in.
Oh trust me, I am definitely not laughing about the canned crabmeat! Even here, fresh crabmeat is really expensive. It's about $10.50 for 1/2 pound. It's ridiculous! Sometimes my BF catches crabs in his lobster traps and if he gets enough, he'll bring it home. BUT...then I have to pick it out and that takes me hours. It's a lot of work...which explains why it's so expensive. Crab cakes sound amazing! I will have to make some the next time he brings home some crabs.

Good luck with the kettle corn this morning! LOL! I've actually heard a ton of stuff about those kettle bells and that they provide a terrific workout! How are you feeling this morning?

I'll luckily not be away from JM for long today. On Tuesdays I'm working at my original job...but only for 1/2 day so I get the afternoon off! Yay!!

Katie, how are you feeling?
September 13th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Sarah I'm glad your day at work there went well And I have never eaten at Taco Bell ... ever lol. DH says I'm nuts. How are you feeling? Any 2WW symptoms?

Melissa I hope you have enough motivation to do your kettle corn today

No real symptoms for me now. Just exhausted but that's from life Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

September 13th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Sarah I'm glad your day at work there went well And I have never eaten at Taco Bell ... ever lol. DH says I'm nuts. How are you feeling? Any 2WW symptoms?

Melissa I hope you have enough motivation to do your kettle corn today

No real symptoms for me now. Just exhausted but that's from life Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!
Are you serious??? You've never eaten at Taco Bell??? Wow! You are missing out! It is delicious!!! My favorites are the chalupas and soft taco supremes. The only thing that makes them supreme is that they have sour cream added to them...but it makes a big difference, lol.

The only 2ww "symptoms" that I've had so far are some cramping yesterday and today and crazy amounts of creamy CM. The CM is the strangest. It's more than I even have pre-O. I'm not taking too much stock in it though because I had a lot last cycle post-O too...it's just more this cycle. I'm guessing the cramping is some sort of residual Clomid-induced ovulation thing.

Katie, I'm sorry you aren't having any symptoms. I hope it's your body playing tricks on you!! I'm sorry life is wearing you down so much! Any new prospects for jobs?

Melissa, how did your DH's first day at his new job go?
September 13th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Lol we have a taco bell like 15 minutes from our house and I've never eaten there. DH keeps telling me he's going to trick me into going.. I just never went. I'm not against going or anything lol.

I hope the cramping is EPS for you

Melissa how did DH's first day go?

No news on the job front. Still watching for any jobs that come open just nothing around here right now.

My blog

September 13th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Sarah I'm glad your day at work there went well And I have never eaten at Taco Bell ... ever lol. DH says I'm nuts. !
Okay that is too funny. I can't believe you have never eaten at taco bell. I haven't eaten there in awhile but when I was in college and had a little too much fun, we always ended up at taco bell late at night. And Sarah the sour cream is a must. I love the regular taco supremes. they are so yummy!!

Sarah I hope the creamy CM is a good sign. I didn't really have any symptoms during the 2WW so i don't think no symptoms is necessarily a bad thing. I'm looking forward to when you two test. i hope you get a BFP.

DH really likes his job and he said all the people he is working with are very nice. His boss at his last job was such a jerk and not very smart. His new boss is really nice and seems very knowledgeable which he says is a welcome change. I enjoyed having him home earlier. He used to get home an hour after me but yesterday it was about 15 minutes so he was able to help me make dinner which was awesome.

So no Kettle Corn for me this morning but I did manage to get up and do a circuit training workout for about 45 minutes. I did have to stop halfway through and got sick..lol. but afterwards I was able to finish my workout. Not sure how much longer the morning workouts will last but I just seem to have so much more motivation in the mornings that at night so hopefully I can keep it up.

I did have an egg mcmuffin from McDonald's for breakfast but they are not too bad for you. It was really good also. tonight we are having barbeque chicken assuming DH can remember to fill up our propane tank for our grill.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!! Glad you'll be here part of the day Sarah.

September 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
No news on the job front. Still watching for any jobs that come open just nothing around here right now.
I know what you mean. Things are really rough right now! It's frustrating! I've been mostly laid off from the architecture firm I work for since December and they've been able to keep me on a tiny bit, but no new clients are coming in. I've looked around here for jobs (even though I'd really like to stay with my current job) but there is hardly anything. I could work for peanuts, but I make more collecting unemployment so it's totally not worth it to me. It is really dismal! I'm seriously thinking of taking a medical transcription class and trying to get a job where I can work from home. That way, if things pick up at the law firm, I can go to part time doing MT. Having 2 jobs would be awesome! Especially if I'm going to afford twins! LOL! Katie, have you thought about doing something like that? I have a friend who does it and it's so great because she can stay at home with her kids.

Quote:

So no Kettle Corn for me this morning but I did manage to get up and do a circuit training workout for about 45 minutes. I did have to stop halfway through and got sick..lol. but afterwards I was able to finish my workout. Not sure how much longer the morning workouts will last but I just seem to have so much more motivation in the mornings that at night so hopefully I can keep it up.

I did have an egg mcmuffin from McDonald's for breakfast but they are not too bad for you. It was really good also. tonight we are having barbeque chicken assuming DH can remember to fill up our propane tank for our grill.
Melissa, you are a mega super trooper!! WOW!! I don't think I would keep working out after getting sick! You are amazing!!

Egg McMuffins are my favorite!!! I might have to get one tomorrow! My problem is that I'm also addicted to the hash browns and those are definitely not healthy!

I think we'll have ham for dinner...I'm not sure yet about veggies...probably some broccoli. I love fresh steamed broccoli. I like to toss it in olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, & white wine too. It's delicious!
September 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Sarah the hasbrowns at McDonald's are awesome. I have a hard time resisting them also. Your brocolli sounds awesome. I think I may have to try that.

I know I'm crazy working out after getting sick. DH laughs at me and thinks I'm nuts. Not sure how much longer the morning workouts will last.

My sister in law does medical transcription from her home and takes care of her two kids, a 2 and 3 year old, while she works. Not sure how she gets any work done. But she makes pretty good money and I believe there is a pretty high demand for medical transcriptionist. I say look into it and see if its for you. And yes it will definitely be a great job while taking care of your twins!!

September 14th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Melissa, good luck with your workout this morning! How are you feeling?

The broccoli was delicious! I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight...probably pork chops. Hmmmmm...I wonder if the buttermilk recipe will work for them. I'll bet it will! I'm going to try and find something healthy for lunch. I'd bring my lunch, but I'm not motivated enough to figure that out.

Katie, how are you doing today? Do you have any good symptoms?
September 14th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
I know what you mean. Things are really rough right now! It's frustrating! I've been mostly laid off from the architecture firm I work for since December and they've been able to keep me on a tiny bit, but no new clients are coming in. I've looked around here for jobs (even though I'd really like to stay with my current job) but there is hardly anything. I could work for peanuts, but I make more collecting unemployment so it's totally not worth it to me. It is really dismal! I'm seriously thinking of taking a medical transcription class and trying to get a job where I can work from home. That way, if things pick up at the law firm, I can go to part time doing MT. Having 2 jobs would be awesome! Especially if I'm going to afford twins! LOL! Katie, have you thought about doing something like that? I have a friend who does it and it's so great because she can stay at home with her kids.

Sarah I've look into doing the medical transcription here but we don't have a demand for it. I think I'm going to check into it again though I know what you mean about jobs and money. The ones I find wouldn't pay me enough to drive to and from there each day.

Quote:
Sarah the hasbrowns at McDonald's are awesome. I have a hard time resisting them also. Your brocolli sounds awesome. I think I may have to try that.

I know I'm crazy working out after getting sick. DH laughs at me and thinks I'm nuts. Not sure how much longer the morning workouts will last.

My sister in law does medical transcription from her home and takes care of her two kids, a 2 and 3 year old, while she works. Not sure how she gets any work done. But she makes pretty good money and I believe there is a pretty high demand for medical transcriptionist. I say look into it and see if its for you. And yes it will definitely be a great job while taking care of your twins!!

Lol yeah I could not work out after I was sick. I would be like screw that and go lay down or something. Are certain foods worse than others for you right now with getting sick?

Hope you ladies have an amazing day!

My blog

September 14th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Sarah I've look into doing the medical transcription here but we don't have a demand for it. I think I'm going to check into it again though I know what you mean about jobs and money. The ones I find wouldn't pay me enough to drive to and from there each day.
Katie, my friend who does it found a job with a national company who I guess gets contracts from hospitals all across the country. These hospitals send in their audio to the MT company and then my friend downloads (or something similar) them, does the transcription, and then submits it to her company. This allows her to work anywhere she wants. The course she took to learn everything has a job placement program so that's how she found her job. Without taking the course, it would be nearly impossible to find an MT job like that where you can work from home. I think I'm going to look into getting a grant from the state to pay for the course (even if I can't, it's only like $1500 or something). With the one my friend did, she had a year to complete it...but you can easily finish it before then...depending on motivation.
September 14th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies. No workout for me this morning. I'm really tired right now. It's hard to get motivated to do anything. Maybe tonight I'll have some motivation but I doubt it..lol.

Katie in the mornings I believe I'm sick because I don't have anything on my stomach. It seems like as long as I keep something on my stomach at all times I'm okay. I'm trying to snack on healthy things like oranges and grapes. Although last night DH made some barbeque chicken and the smell of it made me sick.

I know what you ladies mean about jobs being far and few between. I file alot of bankruptcy cases and many of my clients have lost their jobs and have been looking for a long time for another one but there is just not alot out there right now.

Sarah I think buttermilk pork chops would be awesome. I have never thought of that. I may have to try that someday soon. DH is going to stop on his way home tonight and get us some fajita's. they have just been sounding so good lately.

How are you both feeling? Any symptons?

September 14th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Katie, my friend who does it found a job with a national company who I guess gets contracts from hospitals all across the country. These hospitals send in their audio to the MT company and then my friend downloads (or something similar) them, does the transcription, and then submits it to her company. This allows her to work anywhere she wants. The course she took to learn everything has a job placement program so that's how she found her job. Without taking the course, it would be nearly impossible to find an MT job like that where you can work from home. I think I'm going to look into getting a grant from the state to pay for the course (even if I can't, it's only like $1500 or something). With the one my friend did, she had a year to complete it...but you can easily finish it before then...depending on motivation.
Can you send me the information on it? That sounds like something I'd like to look into. DH messaged me today and said that he is going to look for a part-time job in the evening to put money back so I can quit here. I really don't want to leave without having something else.

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies. No workout for me this morning. I'm really tired right now. It's hard to get motivated to do anything. Maybe tonight I'll have some motivation but I doubt it..lol.

Katie in the mornings I believe I'm sick because I don't have anything on my stomach. It seems like as long as I keep something on my stomach at all times I'm okay. I'm trying to snack on healthy things like oranges and grapes. Although last night DH made some barbeque chicken and the smell of it made me sick.

I know what you ladies mean about jobs being far and few between. I file alot of bankruptcy cases and many of my clients have lost their jobs and have been looking for a long time for another one but there is just not alot out there right now.

Sarah I think buttermilk pork chops would be awesome. I have never thought of that. I may have to try that someday soon. DH is going to stop on his way home tonight and get us some fajita's. they have just been sounding so good lately.

How are you both feeling? Any symptons?
Melissa I think as long as your snacking healthy you should be fine right now if your not up to exercising The morning sickness is a really great sign!

I'm feeling fine lol. No real symptoms So just basically waiting for AF to show in a few days.

Sarah how about you?

My blog

September 14th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I will definitely get you the info Katie. I'll ask my friend for all the good details! It's not a perfect job, obviously, and sometimes she struggles with doctors who are hard to understand or who aren't paying attention to what they are doing...but, in the long run, it's steady work and there's always going to be a need for MT's. Anyway, as soon as I hear from her, I'll let you know.

Melissa, I agree with Katie. It sounds like you are eating really healthy and that's the most important thing. Blueberries are another good snack because of all the antioxidants. It must be heartbreaking to have clients who have to turn to bankruptcy. I used to work in a law firm that did foreclosures and it was brutal!

I'm still having some cramps today, although it isn't as bad as yesterday. I haven't checked my CM today either so I don't know if that's the same. Those are the only things going on. I'm still so early though so I can't think they could be pg symptoms. I will be sure to obsess soon though! LOL!

I got some walking in at lunch and had a nice, healthy grilled chicken sandwich for lunch. I really wish it was fried! Tonight my BF is cooking for me and he's making steak with peppers and portabello mushrooms. It should be delicious!
September 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Sarah your dinner sounds awesome. Don't you just love it when BF cooks for you. I love it when DH cooks. Tonight DH stopped and picked up fajita's and they were so yummy.

Katie I hope the medical transcription works out for you. From what I understand they make pretty good money also.

No workout for me today. maybe tomorrow. Sarah glad you got a walk in.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful evening.

September 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Sarah It's something I'm seriously considering!

Melissa how are you feeling?

No walk for me tonight. I've gotten sick 3 times tonight and I actually just puked!!! Also my boobs are so freaking sore! Please cross everything for me ladies. I need something good in my life right now.

My blog

September 15th, 2011, 04:04 AM
OMG Katie!! I have EVERYTHING crossed for you!!! When are you testing? I really hope this is morning sickness!!

Melissa, how are you feeling today? Your fajitas sound wonderful! I love them! It's fun when you go out to a restaurant and they bring them to you still sizzling!

Tonight we'll be having pork chops I think. I will probably try the buttermilk thing with them. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I hope you ladies have a great day!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search