Workout Check In Oct 10 to Oct 16

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 06:17 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Monday Morning Ladies!! I hope you had great weekends. No workout for me this morning but my goal it to get in a 30 minute workout when I get home from work. Hopefully my motivation will still be there this afternoon..lol.

We are having a lasgna for dinner. I am making it with whole wheat pasta, lowfat ground beef and low fat cheese so it shouldn't be too bad for us. What's on your plate for the day?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 11th, 2011, 03:20 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Hey Melissa! How are you feeling? Did you get the work out in last night?

Sarah how are you doing?

I walked 2 miles last night and my legs are killing me today lol. Diet wise went badly yesterday and I had pizza last night. Had a bowl of rice crispy treats with apples & granola mixed in for breakfast and it was yummy! Hope everyone has a great day!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 11th, 2011, 05:01 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!! I had a pretty busy weekend and was out and about most of the day yesterday. I did get to mow part of the lawn yesterday, but then it ran out of gas and I had to stop. Apparently we have a can of gas, but I didn't know that. I will hopefully get around to finishing the lawn this afternoon. I've done fairly well as far as food goes, but not great. I keep having eggs for breakfast instead of that shake. It just appeals more to me to eat my breakfast, rather than drink it.

Melissa, did you get your workout in? How are you feeling? Is the morning sickness starting to subside at all? How were the tamales?

Katie, your breakfast sounds so unique! I've never thought of having rice krispy treats as a cereal! I'll bet it was delicious!! Just thinking about a 2 mile walk makes my legs sore too! I hope it gets better quickly. What DPO are you now? When are you going to test?
October 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls do you mind if I join ya'll in here? After the latest test results (see post on main board) I think I am going to shift my focus from TTC to losing weight/getting in better shape. Right now I am about half way through a Couch to 5K program. I was doing really well until I had a mini-meltdown this weekend over the test results and didn't run. So I am back at it today!

October 11th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Joanna26 welcome and yes please join us. I actually used to do alot of running. I actually ran a marathon in 2007 and a half marathon in April of this year, so I am here to help you reach your goal of a 5k. I remember when I first started running it was so hard but if you just keep with it you can gradually build your mileage up so you'll be running a 5k before you know it. Good Luck.

Katie I love reading about your breakfasts. they always give me something new to crave..lol. I had more cherrios with bananas for breakfast this morning and they were so yummy. I believe that I have had them everyday since you first mentioned them.

Sarah glad you got part of the yard mowed. Hopefully you can finish it today. Mowing the yard is such great exercise. it's so hard with a push mower. I think the eggs are probably much more healthy for you than the shakes but I understand about wanting to try them since you spent the money on them. I know the protein in the eggs will keep you fuller longer.

I did manage to get in a 20 minute kettle corn..lol. workout yesterday. Everytime I pick up my kettle bell, I think ooh I want some kettle corn. We actually bought some kettle corn from the boy scouts this weekiend and I ate a bag. I thought of you girls...lol. I'm going to try today to get in 30 minutes of kettle bells. I've just been so tired that it's hard to be motivated. Last night was actually the first night that I didn't puke after dinner in about 5 weeks. I was still had the nausea but i didn't actually get sick. Hopefully that is becasue I'm getting closer to second trimester. it still makes me really nervous when the sickness is not there but this morning I was sick as a dog again so I felt better. I know I'm crazy wanting to be sick but is just helps reassure me. Hopefully when I do get farther along and the sickness goes away I can still be reassured.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday and get in some great workouts!!!

October 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Hi Joanna!! Definitely come join us!! We are all in this together and this thread has helped motivate me. It makes things so much easier when there are others cheering each other on! Good luck with the running! It's a great workout and I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things quickly!

I came home from work and my BF was preparing seafood alfredo for dinner tonight. Although the seafood is healthy (lobster, scallops, shrimp, & haddock), the alfredo sauce is going to be brutal! Oh well...at least he's cooking and I don't have to do it tonight. I had a lobster tail for lunch and that was delicious! Melissa, I totally agree with you about the eggs being healthier than the shakes. The shakes have a ton of vitamins, but I take vitamin supplements and eat fairly healthy (usually) during the day so I don't see what the shakes are benefiting. Plus, you're supposed to use either skim milk or soy milk and I don't buy either. I have heard that skim milk is bad because you actually need some fat and I can't stand the taste of soy milk.

Melissa, I totally understand about the morning sickness helping to ease your mind. I'm sure once that subsides and you start feeling your little munchkin moving around, then things will also be easier for you.

Katie, how are things going for you today?
October 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Joanna welcome! Of Course you can join us The more the merrier.

Sarah glad to hear you got half your grass mowed. Mmmm your dinner sounds amazing! DH can't cook so I'll never come home to a meal like that Consider yourself lucky on that aspect.

Melissa glad you got some of your kettle corn, I mean kettle bell in And now that I heard you had a bag I'm hungry for it lol.

I've been at work all day. I have to stop at the grocery store after work and get a few things. I'm not sure what will be for dinner tonight because DH is hunting tonight. I'm going to try to get the rest of the wedding photos done from my brothers wedding. Hope you ladies have a great evening!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

October 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Okay Sarah I'm so jealous..lol. We are having chicken alfredo for dinner but now I want seafood alfredo and lobster for lunch. you are so lucky. We just can't really get good seafood in TN. Before the gulf oil spill we had this seafood store near our house which was awesome (expense but awesome all the same) but they went out of business right after the oil spill. Not sure if it was the economy or the oil spill, they told me it was because of the oil spill.

Katie I know what you mean about DH never cooking. My DH can cook but I think he may cook 5 times a year. It would be so wonderful to come home to a meal already cooked.

October 12th, 2011, 08:13 AM
How is everyone doing today?

I just got in from finishing up mowing the lawn. The grass is still a little wet so the mower kept jamming and I had to pull wet grass out of it. I looked like Kermit when I came in! LOL! BUT, it was a great hour-long workout so I'm happy with that. Now I'm starving! I think I'll have a couple of eggs. I'm not sure what I'll make for dinner tonight. I will try to come up with something tasty and nutritious.

The seafood alfredo was really good! We had a few people over to help us finish it off. If you were closer, we would've invited all of you over too! We also had a bon fire and my BF got a little too pyro-happy. It was fun though. I picked up my friend's 7 year old son at the bus and he spent a couple of hours collecting sticks & leaves for the fire. My BF paid him $20 which made him VERY happy! Originally we were just going to pay him $5. Lucky kid!

I hope you all are having a great day!
October 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Sarah I'm glad your seafood alfredo was good and the bon fire sounds really fun. We didn't end up having our chicken alfredo. I got really sick yesterday afternoon and couldn't eat dinner so poor DH had to have a chicken salad sandwich..lol. Tonight hopefully we will be having the chicken alfredo. the eggs sound really good. I have been having cherrios lately but I'm thiking about having eggs tomorrow.

So no workout for me yesterday, just too darn sick. I'm going to try to do 30 minutes of kettle bells when I get home. Can you tell I have really been likely them?

Sarah you sound like you got in a great workout. Mowing the lawn is tough enough but having to clean the blades out because of the wet grass makes it even harder.

Joanna are you going to try to get a run in today? Good luck if you do.

Katie I hope you are doing good? What's for breakfast?

October 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Man reading these posts makes me hungry! I wish I were having something better than baked beans and veggies for lunch.

Melissa - today is my off day for running but I ran 2 miles straight yesterday which is huge for me. Before that I had never even run 1 mile straight. I have my first 5K this weekend. I am definitely not ready to run the whole thing but am going to try to run as much as I can and walk the rest. I will probably try to do some Wii dancing this evening.

Sarah - I am so jealous of your access to fresh seafood. I grew up in Louisiana where we could buy seafood fresh off the boat but here in Texas it just isn't the same. We don't even try anymore, just wait to eat seafood when we go back home to visit.

October 13th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Hey ladies! Today has already been a crazy day! My breakfast today was a super simple thing... toast with apples & peanut butter on it.

Sarah I too am jealous of your seafood. DH and I love king crab legs. We have a place about an hour from here that has all you can eat for $30 a person and it's AHHHmazing!

Melissa try not to beat yourself up about not getting the kettle bells in. When your sick rest your body. I swear every time I read it I still think kettle corn

Joanna which wii dancing game do you have? Does it give you a good workout? I love to dance and have the wii so I might look into one of those.

My blog

October 13th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Katie once again your breakfast sounds so good and yes Joanna it does seem we talk about food alot..lol. I had cherrios once again for breakfast. We are planning on having filets and grilled shrimp for dinner and I can't wait. So yummy.

I did manage to get in a 20 minute kettle corn workout yesterday and yes Katie everytime I do kettle bells I tink of kettle corn and how yummy some would be..lol. I am going to try to do some step aerobics tonight. I haven't been doing much cardio lately so maybe I can get some in.

Do you guys like the wii? We've been thinking of getting one for Christmas and I wonder if I would like the workout programs it has.

Sarah hope your doing good today. Joanna is today your rest day or do you have a run scheduled?

October 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am struggling with food today. I am sick and Jack is sick and work is nuts. I really want to just go home and go to bed, but since that isn't going to happen a brownie sure does seem like it would make me feel better

Katie - I'm not sure I think it is Dance Revolution? It is a lot of fun and doesn't feel like a "workout" so I tend to do it on days where I can't talk myself into going to the gym. It is most fun if you have someone to "compete" against because the wii scores how well you follow the movements. My girlfriends and I love to get together and play.

Melissa - I was supposed to run today but I am sick and my son is very sick so it isn't going to happen. Between going on two nights of no sleep and trading off with DH to take care of Jack there is just no time to get to the gym.

October 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hi ladies!!! I feel like I've been so out of touch lately! I hate it! I've just been running around a lot. I had a really lazy morning today though and didn't even turn on the computer. I woke up at 5 and watched TV in bed until 9:30. Then I moved to the couch and watched TV/napped with my BF. I could really use another nap, but I have to pick up my friend's son at the bus at 3 so I don't have time. I can't take short naps.

I had cheerios with bananas for breakfast! So yummy!!!! Thank you Katie, for putting that idea out there! Tonight we'll be having stir fry with steak, peppers, & onions. I'll skip the rice so it'll be extra healthy.

Joanna, do you have the Just Dance game? I think that's what it's called. It is so much fun!!!! Melissa, I have the Active 2 workout game for my XBox and they make one for the Wii too. I like it a lot. I think I'd like to try to find a Zumba one though so it's more like dancing and less like a workout, if that makes sense.

Katie, now I want king crab legs!! We don't have those here...just rock crab or something like that and they are tiny compared to the king crab. I would love to find a $30 all you can eat place!

So, two nights this week, I've had baby dreams and it's driving me crazy! The first one, I actually gave birth and I couldn't wait to get on JM to tell you all about it. The second one was last night and I was 11 weeks and went in for an ultrasound and the baby was perfect. I wish I could say I'm psychic but I think it was more like me manifesting deep desires for a baby.

How are you all doing?
October 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sarah - the baby dreams are the worst. A couple of cycles back I had the clearest dream that I was pregnant and gave birth right before AF was due. I just knew it was a sign - but nope AF arrived just on time.

October 14th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Good Friday Morning Ladies!! I'm so happy that it's finally Friday. Hoping that I can sleep a little bit tomorrow. I've been really tired lately and think I need some extra sleep.

Yesterday I did get in a 30 minute workout which is good for me right now. Still got sick last night and this morning but it does seem to be getting a bit better.

I don't think I'll get a workout in today. We have a funeral to go to tonight which I'm not looking forward to. The lady that owns DS's daycare died from lung cancer on Monday. Her mother is the lady that does all the cooking for the kids and she is having a very difficult time. I think it will be really sad but we do know that she is with Jesus now so that is some comfort.

Now for some good news and Sarah I think you will like this. My parents golden retriever Brinkley who was recently diagnosed with lymphnoma has gone into complete remission. We are so happy. Brinkley is the sweetest dog. He lost his eyes when he was 1 so he has been blind most of his life but dogs but it has not slowed him down one bit. Usually you can't even tell he is blind. Sarah I showed my parents Casey's blog and they really enjoyed it.

Here is a picture of our sweet Brinlkey up at the lake.

Anybody have any big plans this weekend?

October 14th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Oh Joanna, I know! They're horrible!! I especially hate it when they feel so real. Then you wake up and the realization that it was just a dream is crushing!

What's on the agenda for everyone today? Any fun meals? I think I'll do cheerios w/banana again. It is so yummy!! I didn't end up making my stir fry last night because my BF was out making lobster deliveries so that'll be dinner tonight Last night my dinner was veggies & dip with low fat sour cream. YUM! Sometimes I love having snack food for dinner. I also had some cheese & crackers later. I got these awesome crackers called Flip Sides and they are 1/2 cracker and 1/2 pretzel. They are delicious!!! I'm pondering doing my Active 2 workout today after I clean the house & run errands. It's rainy again today though so I may take advantage of that and get a nap in. I just love my naps so much!

My boss told me about a diet that she and her husband are doing. It's a 14 day thing. She has lost 3 lbs and her husband has lost 7 so far. It's basically a meat/veggie diet and she sent me the menu. It not only helps you lose weight, but it balances your hormones and helps regulate insulin (Katie, I thought of you when she told me about it because of your struggles). I'm going to post the instructions and menu in a new thread. It seems pretty simple and not too much of a sacrifice. I think the hardest thing for me to deal with would be lack of milk. BUT, I figure I can have some here and there when I really crave it.

TGIF!! Does anyone have fun weekend plans?
October 14th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Good Friday Morning Ladies!! I'm so happy that it's finally Friday. Hoping that I can sleep a little bit tomorrow. I've been really tired lately and think I need some extra sleep.

Yesterday I did get in a 30 minute workout which is good for me right now. Still got sick last night and this morning but it does seem to be getting a bit better.

I don't think I'll get a workout in today. We have a funeral to go to tonight which I'm not looking forward to. The lady that owns DS's daycare died from lung cancer on Monday. Her mother is the lady that does all the cooking for the kids and she is having a very difficult time. I think it will be really sad but we do know that she is with Jesus now so that is some comfort.

Now for some good news and Sarah I think you will like this. My parents golden retriever Brinkley who was recently diagnosed with lymphnoma has gone into complete remission. We are so happy. Brinkley is the sweetest dog. He lost his eyes when he was 1 so he has been blind most of his life but dogs but it has not slowed him down one bit. Usually you can't even tell he is blind. Sarah I showed my parents Casey's blog and they really enjoyed it.

Here is a picture of our sweet Brinlkey up at the lake.

Anybody have any big plans this weekend?
Melissa, I didn't see this until after I posted mine. First of all, that is so sad about your DS's day care teacher. What a tragedy! It's definitely going to be an adjustment for everyone! Big hugs to you!!

Second, your story about Brinkley made me cry (I'm still crying!)!! I am SO happy that he's in remission! What a wonderful dog who deserves to have his health! The look on his face is so classic Golden! I love him!!! Your parents might be interested in this site National Canine Cancer Foundation. It provides a lot of resources, support, and ways to donate money for canine Cancer research. I'm glad that your parents enjoyed Casey's blog. Next Saturday it will be one year since I lost him. I'm dreading that day so much. It still feels like I lost him yesterday. Sometimes I have dreams about him, where he comes to me and I just hug him and pet him. I honestly feel that it is actually him (his spirit) coming to see me and let me know he is doing well at the Rainbow Bridge. I miss him so much though...and just like the baby dreams, I am heartbroken when I wake up and he's not really with me. Please give Brinkley a big hug and good butt scratch from me when you see him next! I pray that his Cancer stays in remission!
October 14th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Melissa, I didn't see this until after I posted mine. First of all, that is so sad about your DS's day care teacher. What a tragedy! It's definitely going to be an adjustment for everyone! Big hugs to you!!

Second, your story about Brinkley made me cry (I'm still crying!)!! I am SO happy that he's in remission! What a wonderful dog who deserves to have his health! The look on his face is so classic Golden! I love him!!! Your parents might be interested in this site National Canine Cancer Foundation. It provides a lot of resources, support, and ways to donate money for canine Cancer research. I'm glad that your parents enjoyed Casey's blog. Next Saturday it will be one year since I lost him. I'm dreading that day so much. It still feels like I lost him yesterday. Sometimes I have dreams about him, where he comes to me and I just hug him and pet him. I honestly feel that it is actually him (his spirit) coming to see me and let me know he is doing well at the Rainbow Bridge. I miss him so much though...and just like the baby dreams, I am heartbroken when I wake up and he's not really with me. Please give Brinkley a big hug and good butt scratch from me when you see him next! I pray that his Cancer stays in remission!
Thank you Sarah. I knew you would enjoy hearing about Brinkley's story. I'm so sorry that next Saturday will be so hard for you. My Jessie has been gone since April 2008 but it is still so very hard. There is just something about golden's that are so amazing. I have dreams about her also and when I think of the rainbow bride I cry (I'm crying right now). It is just so amazing. Casey was an awesome dog!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search