Workout Check In Jan 16 to Jan 22

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 06:16 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!!!

Melissa, as always, after reading your post I am now hungry! LOL! You should definitely check out a Zumba class! It is so much fun! One good thing about it, is you can do as much or as little as you want...so you can tweak it as you need to with the pregnancy.

I worked out on Friday and then went out to dinner and a movie with a good friend. We saw War Horse and it was amazing! On Saturday, I went to a sex toy party. It was a riot! Sunday, I went to my best friend's house and ate way too much meatloaf and hot potato salad. I couldn't help it. It was so good! Monday, I was back at the gym. I did my friend's ab/toning class. I am feeling it now! I'll go back to the gym again today. I think I'll be doing the crazy workout of the day. Yikes!

Joanna, doing the elliptical machine is definitely a good workout. I hate that thing! It HURTS!! LOL!

Katie, I hope you hear about that job soon! I haven't heard from the post office yet. I'm getting a little anxious about it. Good luck on Thursday! I can't wait to hear how you like the diet.

Melissa, how's Brinkley doing? And Joanna, how is your pup doing?
January 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah I have been wanting to see War Horse. It looks so good. Glad to hear that it actually is. Glad to hear that you are doing great in your workouts. Your going to be in such great shape!!

Today I am planning on doing some strength training and maybe some pilates. Going to try to get in about 30 minutes or so this afternoon. 30 minutes seems to be my limit these days.

Sarah Brinkley is doing okay. He still seems to be having problems getting around but he is 12 years old so part of that may just be old age. My dad takes him back to the dr. on Friday so they should know more then. The dr. put him on anti seizure medication to help with the seizures. so hopefully on Friday they will get some good news. As far as my dog, she is great. She's only 3 though so she's still a big puppy. Emma is her name and she's my baby girl. She is the only dog that we let sleep in our bedroom at night, so she is a bit spoiled. The other two sleep in the living room. Although Emma will sleep in the floor whereas the two little dogs always try to sneak in the bed which is mostly why they have been banished to the living room...lol.

Sarah and Katie I hope you ladies both hear some good news on the job front soon. Fingers crossed for you both.

Joanna, how are you feeling? Better I hope.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the workouts are finally starting to do their job! My "danger zone", aka my stomach/ab area, is shrinking and getting firmer! Yay!!! I am also starting to lose weight a little. At first, I was gaining at least a pound every other day. Now, it seems like the muscle is starting to burn the fat. Phew!

Melissa, I'm glad Brinkley is doing better, and I hope he gets good news at the doctor tomorrow! Is he on Phenobarbitol (sp?)? My bosses' dog is on that for unexplained seizures and it has done wonders for him!

Speaking of jobs (bosses), I haven't heard from the USPS yet. I have been busting my heiney trying to find a full-time job. I really wish that my bosses could hire me back full-time, but no one wants architects these days. I have gotten shot down by a ton of places where I would be perfect. It is seriously frustrating. I want to get off of unemployment and back to work full time! GRRRRRR!!!

I did the ab/toning workout last night and I'm feeling it today. My friend said that they are looking into getting kickboxing classes into the gym and I really hope they do that! It sounds like so much fun!

How are you ladies doing? Melissa, I have a feeling that you're going to breeze through labor after all of the workouts you've been doing! If I ever get pregnant again, I was planning on using that as an excuse to not work out. But now, you are showing me that I have no excuses! LOL!! Seriously though, I admire you for it!
January 27th, 2012, 03:22 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Hello ladies! I wanted to update you about the diet. I went to the doctor yesterday and I start tomorrow!!! Tomorrow and Sunday are my "load days". Basically I start the HCG but I eat as many calories, carbs & sugars those 2 days to set my body where it needs to be. Then starting Monday I will be doing 500 calories a day with the HCG. So here is to hoping that this is my ticket!

Melissa I agree with Sarah you make me realize that just because your pregnant doesn't mean you can't work out and stay fit.

Sarah sorry you didn't hear back about the job. I haven't either and I was actually over qualified for it. This economy for jobs sucks.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

January 27th, 2012, 05:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah so glad that your workous are finally paying off and yes muscle does burn more calories than fat so once you build up some muscle that fat will start to fall off. Sorry that you haven't heard back on the job. I know how hard it is out there to find a job right now. I have tons of clients who have been laid off and are looking for jobs.

I don't know what anti-seizure medication that Brinkley but my little Sh** zu is on phenobarbitol. He has epilepsy and that medication has been wonderful for him. He hasn't had a seizure in years. I'll let you know what the dr. says about Brinkley today after his appointment.

Katie I can't wait to see how your diet goes. So glad that you are getting started and hoping this will be your miracle cure to get pregnant. And yes when both you and Sarah get pregnant which I know will happen, we will all continue to workout together. I didn't work out alot in the first trimester because I was so sick but now I seem to be doing pretty good. My workouts are no where near as hard as before but I'm hoping you guys are right and they help with the labor and delivery.

Katie I hope you hear back from your job soon and I really hope you get it.

No workout for me today. I am going home after work today and cleaning my house so that will be my workout today. We are going to the Car show today to look at vehicles tomorrow so I won't have time to do it tomorrow. I want to get another SUV but DH wants a minivan so we are going to go look at everything that's available right now and see what we like better.

Anybody have any fun plans for the weekend? Hope everyboy has a great weekend.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search