Workout Check In Jan 16 to Jan 22

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 06:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Monday Morning Ladies!! How was your weekend? Did you get in any good workouts? Did you do anything fun?

My workout this weekend was house cleaning.. yuck. My least favorite workout but it is a necessary evil..lol. Today I'm going to do some pilates and maybe some kettle bells after work. I tried to get up this morning and workout but my bed was just way too comfy. I'm hoping that maybe tomorrow I can get up and workout before work. I'm going to try to go to bed earlier so I can do that. I just get in a much better workout when I do it in the morning that at night. Seems at night there is alot going on and I get interrupted alot.

Sarah I love trying new recipes and when I find one that actually turns out good, I love sharing it with you guys. I subscribed to Cooking Light and Healthy Cooking magazines and get most of my recipes from those. that pork recipe that I posted last week is my new favorite recipe and we are actually having it again tonight..lol.

Joanna how is your little boy feeling? Better I hope. Makes it hard to do much when your kids are sick.

Katie how are you doing?

Sarah what killer workouts do you have planned for this week?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone!!

I had a killer workout on Friday, then another (less painful) one Saturday. Yesterday, I literally could barely walk! My whole body was in major pain! Today was better, but I still hobbled around. I am giving myself a couple of days to recover and then I'll be back at it on Wednesday. I swear, the women who run these workouts are like drill sergeants! I feel like I'm at boot camp! LOL!

Melissa, I'm going to have to pick up some pork and try that recipe!! Good luck working out tomorrow! I don't know how you can do those kettle bells! My arms are still sore from doing them on Friday! OUCH!

Joanna and Katie, I hope you ladies are doing well. Any fun things happen this weekend?

On a TTC (or NTNP) note, I temped this morning and it was still up so I tested, but got a BFN. I'm definitely disappointed. This NTNP thing is hard when I still really want a baby. How do I not obsess? LOL! I'll probably temp again tomorrow just to see what it does. I'm expecting AF on Wednesday, so if she doesn't show then, I'll test again.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

**ETA** I forgot to mention that all of those ab exercises wore a raw spot on my rear end!! On Saturday morning, it was hurting and I thought it was a bruise from the ab stuff. But, then I looked at it in the mirror and it's like rug burn!!! LOL!! I have NEVER had that happen to me before! Luckily, it has healed up quickly.

Last edited by pepper73; January 16th, 2012 at 04:38 PM.
January 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM
LOL about the rug burn. Your workouts sound great and hard. So glad you are getting in some really good workouts. How are you and BF doing? I can imagine how hard the NTNP is when you still really want a baby. I keep hoping that NTNP will be the trick for you. I'd still temp also. It's just too hard not to.

I am having a pretty bad day. I told you guys about my parents dog a few months ago, Brinkley the golden retriever. Well he had cancer and it had gone into remission well it is back and now he's in intensive care and the dr. don't expect him to make it much longer. My dad was crying this morning and that was just so difficult for me to see. Your dad is usually the strong one and it's hard to see him in pain. I know Brinkley has lived a long and wonderful life, it's just hard. He's such a sweet heart.

Joanna I hope your doing well. have you gotten in any good runs lately?

Katie, still thinking of you and hoping you get answers soon.

January 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Melissa I am so sorry about your parents dog. It's so sad when something happens to a pet. The are a part of the family.

Sarah I know what you mean about the NTNP. I'm in the same boat this month and now I'm getting kind of antsy because I haven't been using OPK's. Crossing my fingers you get a surprise BFP!

Joanna how are you doing??

AFM: Well today I had an appointment with the doctor about the HCG diet. This was my first real appointment with him. Before it was with the office manager. I LOVE him! He sat down and explained everything to me. He got the labs from my OB and my family doctor and said to me that they were looking for answers in all the right places but running the wrong tests. He is retesting my thyroid and doing 4 different tests that they didn't. He is also checking all these different hormone levels I never knew existed. He looked me in the eye and said we are going to get you to a healthy weight, your going to get pregnant and have a healthy baby, and then you will be back to lose the weight again. And you know what he gave me that hope. He told me that instead of putting me on fertility meds they should have been looking for the cause of my weight gain and inability to lose weight. PCOS is a diagnosis but there is a reason behind my PCOS. So anywho. We are doing the the blood work but also starting the diet. I have to get the rest of the money together (it's $750) but to me... it's a small price to pay to have a healthy baby and alot cheaper than IVF.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

January 18th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Katie sounds like you have an awesome dr with an awesome plan. I hope he is able to help you lose some weight and get pregnant with your rainbow baby. And hopefully we can help keep you motivated on your diet to lose the weight.

My parents dog started doing a bit better yesterday and the drs let them take him home from the hospital. The drs think he had a seizure and was very dehydrated so they put him in so seizure medication and are going to resume his chemo so we are going to pray for the best.

Sarah how are thing with you? What sort of killer workouts have you got planned today.

i don't know if I will workout or not today. I am going to try to get in around 30 minutes of pilates. My husband's dad is coming over for dinner tonight so I'll be busy cooking and cleaning up most of the night.

Hope everybody has a great Wednesday.

January 18th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Katie that sounds like a great appointment! I hope he is able to help you figure things out. It definitely sounds like you have some underlying issues that have been treated properly.

Melissa I'm sorry about your parent's dog My baby, an 11 year-old lab mix, isn't doing well either right now and it is so hard. She has an untreatable brain tumor.

Sarah - NTNP is hard right?!? I am determined not to stress over TTC until we see if DH's meds/surgery made any difference, but at the end of every cycle I still find myself obsessing over every symptom and wishing I had at least temped, even though I know there is like 0% chance I could be pregnant

We spent last weekend in Vegas - so I did a lot of walking but also a lot of eating! Must get back on the wagon this week.

January 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Melissa- Glad to hear your parents dog is doing a little better. I hope he continues to do so. What are you having good to eat tonight?

Joanna- Glad you had a good time in Vegas. Hopefully now you can get back on the wagon with us Although sometimes we aren't very good motivators lol.

Sarah- How are you doing?

Today is my first day back at work since last Thursday. I had been fighting a nasty cold/flu and am just now starting to feel human again. Bleh. I am hoping that I have the money by early next week to start the diet. I am really excited and I honestly think this is going to bring my my rainbow baby.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

January 18th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Katie we had some yummy pork chops with rice and some vegetables. I took some french onion soup and poured it over the pork chops and then cooked for awhile. So good. I am so excited for you also and so glad that your excited!! I hope you are able to start the diet soon. Glad you are feeling better.

No workout for me today. My little boy has a virus so I had to pick him up early and now I'll be dragging him to work with me tomorrow and Friday. That's the good thing for working with your dad and brother they don't care if he comes. I'm hoping that I can get up tomorrow and get in a workout. We will most likely be going in a bit late so I should be able to work out in the morning, or atleast that's my plan!!

January 19th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Mmmm Melissa that sounds amazing! My friend just made this awesome casserole with chicken, vegetables and rice and it was so good. I need to get that recipe from her. Sorry to hear Jackson is sick Poor little boy. I hope he feels better soon.

I am going to call this afternoon to find out when they can get me in to start the diet. I have the money and I'm ready to do this

My blog

January 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM
katie that casserole sounds awesome!! And yes the pork chops were great.

I did manage to get up this morning and get in a workout. I did a circuit workout. It was nice getting it done in the mornng.

Katie so glad that you've got the money to start the diet. I'm so excited for you and excited to see it work. So happy that you finally have some good news and somthing that gives you alot of hope. I believe that this is the answer for you to get your rainbow baby.

Sarah I hope your having a great week.

January 19th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hi ladies! I was at my BF's house Tuesday and yesterday and didn't bring my laptop. For some reason, JM takes forever on my phone so it's nearly impossible to log on. Today I had to drive 2 hours to take a test and hopefully get a job at a post office in the next town over. I passed the test and now I just wait and see if I get the job. Then I spent the rest of the day shopping. I got some great deals at Old Navy. I love that store!

Melissa, I am praying with everything I have that Brinkley will be ok. I have thought of him as the one who could beat Cancer ever since you "introduced" me to him. He has to be ok. He just has to. I get so angry when I think about it. I miss my Casey so much...every day. I hate Cancer so much. I hope that Brinkley uses that Golden Retriever positive attitude to his advantage and bounces back stronger than ever.

Joanna, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I used to have a Lab too and, like Goldens, they are wonderful dogs. I don't know if this web site will be any help for you, but I found it useful (and still do) when Casey was diagnosed: National Canine Cancer Foundation Please let us know how your sweet pup is doing. I will be praying for her too.

Katie, your news is FABULOUS!!! I am so glad that you have a doctor who really gets it and is going to be by your side through it all! Yay!!! I can almost feel the relief that you must feel right now! What is the next step?

I got AF on Tuesday and I have to admit, I was disappointed. I am going to step things up a little bit from NTNP. I will be taking soy and mucinex and will periodically check my temps. I will also take OPK's. I realized that I am way too OCD to totally do NTNP. My BF and I are getting along really well and he still wants a child. It's just a little more tricky now that we live in separate places. Luckily we only live 5 minutes away!

I just realized that I didn't talk about any kind of fitness at all! Yesterday I did an ab/toning class which hurt, but wasn't horrible. Tomorrow I'll be doing a killer workout. The weekend will be painful! I still need to check out the recipe section. I bought some pork chops today so I'm ready for Melissa's new recipe!!

Last edited by pepper73; January 19th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
January 20th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joanna- How are you doing hun?

Melissa- Have you done any kettle corn lately? Lol! We have our ice festival starting next week here and there is this kettle corn vendor that is always set up and DH was talking about going there and I started laughing

Sarah- Sorry that AF arrived But how exciting about the job! I hope you get it. That is wonderful that you and your BF are getting along better now. NTNP is very hard. I think it's even harder because you have put so much into trying that when you try to back it down it just doesn't work.

AFM- I'm calling the doctor today to find out when they can get me in to start the diet. I'm also going to start Zumba 3x a week. I will have to be careful working out while on the diet but hey if I lose the weight without working out that's even better Oh and PS I'm applying at a new job this afternoon. Cross your fingers ladies!

My blog

January 20th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Ooooh! Katie!! Good luck with the job!!! I hope you get it!!! Does it involve photography? I hope you like Zumba as much as I do. I think it is so much fun! I haven't gone in a while because of the new gym and I get a better workout there, but I do miss it and will have to go again soon!
January 20th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Katie and Sarah I'm hoping that you both get the jobs. Sarah the postal service is a great employer and they have great benefits. Fingers Crossed for you both.

Brinkley seems to be doing better. He is home from the hospital and besides having trouble getting around, I think he has arthitis also, he is back to his old self. Sarah I hope your right and Brinkley will be one of the one that beats Cancer. I hate Cancer also. It is such a terrible disease. They are going to resume his chemo treatments so hopefully that will work this time. I'll keep you updated with how he's doing.

Today I am working half a day. Jackson is still sick so he's at work with me today, so I won't get much done. While he is taking a nap I am going to try to get in a workout. Katie I may do some kettle corn today..lol. I can't eat kettle corn or do kettle bells without thinking of you girls.

Anybody have any fun plans for the weekend? We won't be doing much just some work around the house and everybody needs haircuts. Such a fun weekend.

January 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Sarah- Actually it's another secretary position but it's only a minute from my house and the pay is more. Plus I won't have to deal with my crappy bosses anymore!!! When will you hear back about the one you applied for? I love Zumba. I've taken the classes before but I have the game for the xbox now and it's great. I love that and the dancing ones.

Melissa- Sorry to hear Jackson is still not feeling well. That's so funny about the kettle corn/kettle bells. Same here! I think of you girls.

We aren't getting into much this weekend. It's snowing already and we are planning on getting snowed/iced in. I rented us some movies so we will just be around the house. I hope you ladies have an awesome weekend. As long as we have power I'll probably be on here alot

My blog

January 23rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
How was everybody's weekend? How much snow did you get Katie? Hopefully your power stayed on.

My weekend was uneventful. I cleaned on Saturday which was my exercise for the weekend..lo.. yesterday was our day to keep the nursery at church. So much fun but yesterday we had alot of kids and it was a bit hard. Seemed like all of them were tired and cranky so I was trying to juggle several babies at a time. they all wanted to be held at the same time.

Today I will be doing some pilates. Seems to be my favorite workout lately.

Katie did you get your appointment to start your HCG diet? I'm excited to see how it goes!! How goes it on the job front? did you hear anything on that new job?

Sarah any tough workouts on your agenda for this week? How if your job hunt going? Any news from the post office?

Joanna have you got any good runs scheduled for this week?

I tried a delicious new fruit dip yesterday and thought I'd share. You take one banana and 1 tblspoon of honey and put in food processor until blended then mix in vanilla yogurt. I dipped apples in this fruit dip, so very yummy!!

January 24th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Melissa my cleaning the house was my exercises for this weekend as well We got around 7-8 inches but the worst part was the ice that came after it. It's still pretty nasty out here but thankfully I did not lose power. That dip sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to try it.

Sarah how did your weekend go? Anything new? Have you heard back about that job yet?

Joanna how are you doing?

I have not heard back about the job yet but I'm hoping I do soon. I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday afternoon about starting the diet but due to the weather it's now scheduled for Thursday I'm going to try to do the zumba tonight.

My blog

January 24th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Katie how was Zumba? It sounds like so much fun. They just started teaching a class at our church and I have thought about going and taking it. The fruit dip is really good and good for you.

Good Luck at your dr. appointment on Thursday. Can't wait to see how the diet works out. I hope you hear back on the job today and I really hope you get it!!

Sarah any news on your job?

As for me, tonight will be some kettle bells(corn..lol) for dinner I am making some maple garlic salmon which is so yummy with some garlic rice and green beans. We are being really healthy. I found another salmon recipe that I want to try but it calls for something called Fennel and I'm not sure what that is so I'll have to find out so I can try it also.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

January 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa that fruit dip sounds good! How much yogurt did you add? Also, what is garlic rice? And could you possibly just come cook for me Your menus always sound amazing!

I haven't been running (can't seem to shake the sickies so I am trying to give my body a break) but I have used the elliptical the past two days so at least I am doing something.

Katie I hope you get good news on the job. And I am anxiously waiting for you to try the diet. I have heard so much about it but never known anyone who actually did it.

January 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
LOL Joanna. If we all lived closer, I'd have all you girls over for dinner. I enjoy cooking most of the time and I really enjoy cooking.

For the dip I used 1 tablespoon honey, 1 banana and then just a container of vanilla yogurt (it was just a regular size container like what you would have for a snack). It is wonderful and my little boy loves it. Great way to get kids to eat fruit.

The garlic rice is Uncle Bens Roasted Garlic Rice. You should definitely try it. It comes in the 90 second microwaveable bags. So all you do is nuke it for 90 and seconds and you have your rice done. I'm all about easy, but it tastes so good!!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. My allergies have been going crazy the past two days so I completely understand. Our weather here in Tennesee can't seem to make up it's mind. One day it's freezing and we are getting snow and then the next it's in the 60's. Wreaks havoc on my allergies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search