Work out Check In Jan 29- Feb 4

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 02:46 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Ladies I am super excited! The past 2 days were my "load days" and tomorrow starts the official diet. I can't wait to see how it goes. I prepped my meat for this week. I bought groceries and I'm ready to go.

Sarah- how are you doing? Any big workouts planned for this week?

Melissa how are you feeling? Anything new your cooking?
pepper73 and melissalaw like this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

January 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katie, I can't wait to hear how the diet works! Have you gotten any answers back about your thyroid? How is Zumba going?

Melissa and Joanna...how are you ladies doing?

I have been a bum and haven't worked out since last Wednesday. I was going to go on Saturday morning, but my best friend sent me an email at 6am saying she couldn't go so I decided to go back to sleep, lol. I will be doing the crazy workout of the day today though...and if I feel motivated, I'll go back this evening for the ab/toning class. They're thinking of starting up a kickboxing class too, and I really hope they do that. It sounds like so much fun! My weekend was pretty lazy. I went out to the movies with a friend. We saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It was SO good!

I hope you all have a great week!!!
January 30th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Sarah don't feel bad motivation is hard to come by for me! I can't do Zumba while on this diet or really even work out. The most I can do is take a small walk. Because of the low amount of calories that I will be taking in if I do too much my body will go into starvation mode. So for the next 40 days it's only very light work outs for me. So far I am on my second bottle of water today and I had 1 apple. Lunch is 2 cups of Lettece with 3.5oz of baked chicken with 3 Melba rounds.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

January 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Katie I'm excited for you. I hope this diet it your miracle cure. We are here for you to offer all the support you need.

Sarah don't feel bad for taking a few days off. The kind of killer workouts you have been putting in you are definitely due a few days off.

today for me will be pilates. I still can't seem to get rid of this cold or allergies whatever it is it just won't go away, so a light workout for me today.

Tonight I am trying a new recipe called Cheesy Chicken Casserole. I am using skim milk mozarella for the cheese which should help make it low fat and good for you. If its good I'll post the recipe in the recipe section. DH seems to think it will be good so we shall see.

Hope everybody has a great Monday.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Ugh ladies I knew this was going to be hard but this is TERRIBLE. I literally feel like I'm starving DH told me I'm pale and I feel so weak. I'm going to try to stick this out but jeez.............. Motivate me please?

My blog

January 31st, 2012, 04:35 AM
Katie, your diet sounds dreadful so far! You can do it though...I'm sure of it!! Just pay close attention to your body and if you feel that something just isn't right, go back to the doctor. It isn't worth making yourself sick. I can see why you can't work out on it...you would collapse!

Melissa, any meal with the description "cheesy" in it has got to be delicious! I hope you start to feel better soon. Do you have a fever or anything? I sure hope not!

I did my workout yesterday and it was hard, but felt so good. I'm going back again today and tomorrow. After 3 days in a row, I may take the rest of the week off, but I'm not positive. I might go in on Friday too. I was bad yesterday and ate a Big Mac. I couldn't help it. I was with my best friend and she went to McDonald's to get her kids Happy Meals. I saw the picture of that Big Mac and couldn't resist. I did not get fries though, so I feel good about that. I'm also feeling good that my stomach area is finally shrinking. Those ab workouts are doing their job.

So, I am pretty confident that I ovulated on Sunday. I am not too thrilled with my timing, but hopefully it was good enough. My temps so far are significantly higher than my usual post-O temps, so hopefully I had a good strong O. If I get pregnant, my EDD would be just about a week later than my EDD was with my loss.

What's on the menu for everyone today? Katie, I hope you are allowed to eat more today! We're all here for you to help you through this!
January 31st, 2012, 05:45 AM
Sarah I feel much better today. I guess my body is just going to take time to get used to only 500 calories. I lost 3.8 lbs so far

Melissa how are you feeling? I hope your not coming down with anything. How was your cheesy dish? It sounds delish!!!

Sarah I really hope you caught that eggie. Your temps are looking great. I have no idea what is going on with my cycle. I'm just letting it play itself out and once I'm done the diet if nothing is happening I'm going to call the doctor.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

My blog

January 31st, 2012, 06:01 AM
Katie I'm so glad that you are feeling better today. I am sure it will take you a few days to get used to the reduced calorie intake but seeing the pounds fall of will be a great motivator for you. And wow 3.8 lbs so far that's awesome. Your going to be in top shape before you know it.

My casserole was really good. I am going to post the recipe in the recipe section. I think if you cut the cheese in half it would be better. Hard to believe but it almost had too much cheese.

I'm feeling better today. I think I have just had problems with allergies. Thankfully never ran a fever which is good. tonight we are having a new salmon recipe that I found. It is Salmon with apples and fennel (didn't but any fennell because first I didn't know what it was and second I couldn't find it at our store) so we will just be having Salmon with apples..lol.

Sarah so glad that your stomach area is shrinking and don't feel bad for cheating. I think you need to cheat every once in a while. And I really hope you catch that eggie this month. I want both you and Katie to catch those eggies and have your rainbow baby!!

Good Luck today katie. Just hang in there and you will reap the benefit of your hard work and sacrifice.

Any word on the job front from either of you?

January 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM
WOW!! Katie, that is amazing!!!! I had no idea it produced results that quickly! I am in shock! What happens after the diet? I assume that it can't be a long-term thing. Does it help your body change its metabolism for the future?

Melissa, how can there possibly be such a thing as too much cheese? LOL! I am a dairy freak. I just love it SO much!! Oh, and fennel is a very interesting vegetable that has a licorice-like flavor. It's definitely something that not everyone will like and also something that you'd want to use in small doses, otherwise the flavor could overpower the rest of the food.

I have been very, very bad so far today! I was at work and got furiously hungry...to the point where I could tell I was going to get shaky. So, I went to the store and got a slice of meat-lovers pizza and a bag of donuts. I inhaled the pizza and about 5 donuts (they were little). It is a good thing I'm going to the gym tonight! I don't understand it either because I had a bowl of cereal before I went to work. I don't know why I got so hungry all of a sudden. Maybe it would've been different if I'd had eggs. I wish I could say the sudden hunger attack was a pregnancy symptom...but I am only 2DPO so I know that's impossible.

I finally heard back from the USPS. They emailed me for consent to do a background check...so I guess that's a good sign. At least I'm still in the running. I've been denied for a few jobs around here that I was super-qualified for and that's been really discouraging. Katie, have you heard anything about the job you applied for?
January 31st, 2012, 11:19 AM
Ugh ladies I can't do it I can't stay on this diet. As much as I'm loving the results and as determined as I am I feel AWFUL. I'm dizzy, hot flashes and starving. Not to mention weak as can be. This diet might work wonders for weight loss but it's not something I can handle. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and talk to them.

DH and I are going to get a membership for the YMCA. I think that I can work harder at exercising and eating healthier with occasional crappy moments than starving myself.

My blog

January 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
katie I'm so sorry that you the diet is so hard. I don't think I could do it either. only eating 500 calories a day just gives you no energy at all. Maybe your dr could up your caloric intake so you would still lose but just at a slower rate. I lost a bunch of weight on what is called the 3 day diet. You are restrited to what you eat for 3 days each week and then on the other 4 days you just eat a sensible diet. I'll see if I can find it and give it to you. Maybe it would work for you. I did that diet and worked out and I think I lost around 20 lbs.

Sarah that's promising that USPS is going to do a background check. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the job. I know how discouraging to not get a job that you are overly qualified for. When I got out of school I applied for a job and they told me they couldn't hire me because I was over qualified and I was like what does that matter as long as I'm qualified for the job.

January 31st, 2012, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That diet sounds rough Katie I hope you feel better!

Sarah - I would definitely think it is a good sign that they are going to do a background check. I don't know much about USPS hiring practices, but at my company we only do background checks when we are ready to make an offer.

Ohhh Melissa I had fennel crusted salmon at an amazing Italian restuarant this weekend and it was really good! Now I want salmon for dinner And I totally agree with Sarah - I don't think you can ever have too much cheese.

I am doing really well with the eating/working out this week so far, but the rest of the week will be a challenge because I have to do some traveling for work. It is so hard to eat healthy when I am traveling.

February 2nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
Oh Katie, I'm so sorry the diet is so rough. It does sound brutal, and honestly, I don't know how anyone can survive on that small amount of calories. Just do what feels right for you. Joining the Y is a great idea. The workouts I've been doing have definitely started working on my body and they've also made me naturally eat better. If you have your DH to go with you, it'll be easier too.

Joanna, I'm glad you've had a ton of motivation! Yay!! I totally understand about eating right while you're traveling. It is so hard! I hope it's easy for you to get back in the swing of things next week.

Melissa, how are you doing? Are you feeling better? This has been such a weird winter, so I'd imagine that allergies are worse for a lot of people than usual. How was the salmon?

I hit the gym Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday. The workouts were brutal as usual. Today, my shoulders are killing me from doing a horrible exercise called the "manmaker". I can't even describe it, but it was awful! The good thing is how awesome I feel after the workout. I love that feeling of accomplishment. I don't think I'll go to the gym today, but I might head in tomorrow morning for an ab/toning class. The workouts are definitely working...my BF tried to pinch my rear end the other day, and couldn't! LOL! I was psyched!
February 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joanna glad that you have been doing good with eating and working out. I wouldn't worry about doing good while your out of town. so hard to do that. Just focus on getting back into the groove when you get home.

Sarah your workouts do sound brutal and so glad you are seeing the benefits. And a manmaker sounds very hard..lol.

The salmon was awesome. I'll try to post the recipe. I didn't end up using any fennel because I couldn't find any. We have a really nice grocery store on the other side of town, so I'm going to try to go out there soon and get some fennell so I can make the recipe the way it is suppose to be. tonight I am cooking Chicken Parm. It is a recipe out of my Body for Life cookbook so it's suppose to be healthy and it is so yummy.

I am feeling better. And yes Sarah your right our winter has been so nuts that it has wreaked havoc on my allergies. Going to try to get in some kettle bells (lol) tonight. yesterday I did some more pilates.

Katie have you talked to the dr? Hopefully he was able to adjust your diet to something more manageable. Hope your doing okay.

February 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Melissa, I wish you were my personal chef! LOL! Hey, I was wondering if you have a link to belly shots? I haven't seen any in a long time!!

Katie, what did you decide about the diet? Were you able to talk to your doctor?

Joanna, I hope the traveling went well. Even if you weren't able to eat healthy, I'm sure the food was delicious!

I was at the gym for almost 2 hours today. I did the ab/toning class, then 1/2 hour on the treadmill, and then I did the rowing machine, which just about killed me! I beat my best friend's time on the rowing machine though, so that was a fun accomplishment! I will take the weekend off and then probably hit the gym again on Monday. It's amazing how good I feel after going there.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
February 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hey ladies. So the diet is a no go! I actually passed out Tuesday evening and DH said no more. I called the doctor and yeah they weren't too concerned. They instead asked me how much weight I lost. When I told them they were like that's great keep up the good work. So now I'm out $700 and yeah that ticks me off We did join the YMCA on Thursday so I'm excited about that

Joanna- I hope traveling is going well! How is the eating going?

Sarah- Keep up the good work! You keep me motivated with as much as you go to that gym!

Melissa- I agree I want you as a personal chef Do you have the recipe for the cheesy chicken? I want to try to make some next week!

My blog

February 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Sarah 2 hours in the gym. You've become a workout machine. Keep up the hard work. So glad that you are seeing results from all your hard work.

Katie I don't blame you for stopping the diet. Any diet that makes you pass out is definitely not worth it. i think with exercise and a sensible diet you should be able to lose the weight. it may come off slower but defintely healthier.

Sarah here is the link to my belly pictueres. http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...eks-2-3-a.html Definitely getting bigger.

katie here is the link for the cheesy chicken Campbell's Kitchen: Cheesy Chicken Casserole I used brown rice and I used the 98% fat free soups from campbells plus part skim milk mozerella cheese which I think made it better for you. Let me know how you like it.

No exercise for me this weekend. Just cleaning my house. fun fun.

I hope you guys had a good weekend.

Joanna I hope you had a good trip.

February 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Katie that diet sounds awful I can't believe you actually passed out!

Trip was fine. Food wasn't great but our schedule was so tight we ended up having like 10 minutes to grab something at the airport before we boarded the flight so options were seriously limited.

Did NOT have a good weekend because it was all parties, parties, parties - V-day at Jack's school, birthday parties and superbowl parties. Have to be very, very good this week!

February 8th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Melissa, your baby bump is adorable!!! I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read the "bloat" comment!! Where was the bloat? It cracked me up. You are so thin and toned!

Joanna, I totally understand the inability to eat right with parties going on. I still don't feel right after the garbage I ate on Super Bowl Sunday. I hope this week is easier on you with food/working out!

Katie, how are things going with you? Did you hear anything about that job yet? How is the Y? Did you get an appointment with that RE?

I have been pretty good about eating. I will have eggs for breakfast and probably chicken salad for lunch. For dinner, I'm making corned beef and veggies/potatoes. Not the healthiest, but I made the mistake of going to the store hungry and it looked really good. I went to the gym on Monday and my abs are still sore. I will probably go there again today...or else I'll do the wave here. I haven't decided yet.

I hope you are all having a great week!!!
February 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
LOL Sarah. I can't really see the bloat in that picture now but when I took I felt really bloated. Thanks for the sweet comment. I'm just happy to be this far along and just a little while longer. I keep all of you guys in my prayers that you will soon be joining me at PAL.

Joanna don't worry about eating bad, it happens to the best of us.

Katie how are you doing? have you guys started going to the Y yet? I looked everywhere for that three day diet and can't find it at home but I did find this link The 3 Day Diet Weight Loss Plan Review This work really well for me when I was having trouble losing weight. I do better with a strict schedule of what to eat. I ate exactly what they tell you to for the 3 days and then on the other 3 days I just ate normally and didn't eat much sugar on those 4 days and I lost 20 lbs pretty quickly. Also I have heard wonderful things about weight watchers. I don't know how much it cost but I am thinking of doing it after the baby gets here to help get back on track.

I have't been that great at working out this week. DH got really sick on Sunday night and was sick both Monday and Tuesday so I have been taking care on him and Jackson. We think he must have gotten food poisoning when we went out to eat on Sunday because just a few hours after we ate he got sick. Neither Jackson nor myself have gotten sick thankfully. He is finally feeling better and went back to work today. I was really worried about him on Monday and even tried to get him to go to the hospital but you all know hom men are..lol. I'm hoping to work out a bit this afternoon and really get back into it tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search