Work Out Check in Feb 15-22

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Sarah that is wonderful news about the interview. How awesome that he called or you would have missed that opportunity. Sending lots of good vibes you way that you get the position. Your gym sounds great. It sounds like they are very good at keeping you motivated.

Melissa don't feel bad for not being motivated. The farther along you get the less motivation I would have as well We had a new recipe the other day from pinterest. I love that site and I keep finding so many recipes there.

Joanna I hope your doing well.

AFM- not much new here. I haven't been to the gym yet this week. I have been having killer migraines and was off work yesterday for one. I'm hoping tomorrow night to get back in the gym.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

February 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katie, I'm sorry about your migraines. I've never had one (knock on wood), but I've known several people who have been afflicted with them and I know how debilitating they can be. I hope you are feeling better!

Melissa and Joanna, what have you all been up to? I agree with Katie, that the farther along you get in a pregnancy, the harder working out must be. Just do what you can/feel like, and make sure you don't over work yourself.

So, the interview went GREAT and I got the job!!! Wahooo!! BUT...it's only 4 hours per week....Saturday mornings from 7:30-11:30. The only reason why I took it was because there will be definite opportunities for more hours at neighboring post offices. We have a ton of little towns in the area so there is apparently a big need for part time help as needed. The other potential good thing is that the postmaster at the office where I'll be based is retiring in August, so there's a chance I could possibly take over. So, I figured I'd be a fool to not take the little part time gig because I could have some great opportunities down the line. Next up is a drug test and 2 day orientation. I'm not sure yet when those will be, but hopefully soon so I can get started. Katie, how is your job search going?
February 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Sarah that is wonderful news!! And your right now that you will have your foot in the door there will be so many more opportunities for you. Funny you should mention the job search. I live in the middle of no where (literally). There is a little paint shop that paints equipment about 2 minutes from my house that just put up an add for a office manager. I'm going to stop after work tomorrow and apply for it. So ladies cross your fingers for me please!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

February 16th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Oh Katie! That would be a perfect job for you!!! And so close to home!! Good luck!!! I've got everything crossed and hope you get it!!!

I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to the gym today. I went on Tuesday and yesterday and am pretty worn out. BUT...I skipped it so much last week, I feel like maybe I should go. I don't know yet.
February 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah that's wonderful news!! So happy that you got the job and your right even if it is part time, it gets your foot in the door for more opportunities.

Katie I hope your headaches are gone and your feeling better. Good Luck at the paint shop. Office manager would be great and so close to home.

I'm doing good. Still just been doing pilates. Today I'm going to try to get in a little bit of strength training but the farther along I get the less motivated I get. Still eating really healthy though so that has helped. Tonight we are having Salmon with apples. It 's really good.

Joanna how are you doing? Are you still running?

Hope everybody has a wonderful Thursday!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Sarah try not to overdue it! Take a break when you need to so that you don't get worn out and then not want to go at all. You have been putting so much effort into it

Melissa as long as your eating healthy then you should be good. You have done great working out thus far. I can't believe your already 29 weeks! Before you know it the baby will be here.

Joanna how are you doing???

I hope you ladies are having a wonderful day!

My blog

February 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Katie, how did it go when you went to see about that job? I really hope you get it!!!!

I ended up going to the gym tonight. It is exhausting, but it also feels SO good! Plus, I had McDonald's breakfast this morning and figured I should work it off before it all latched on to me, lol. If I wake up early enough tomorrow, I'll go in the morning to take the ab/toning class. Tonight's workout consisted of kettle bell swings (lol), jump rope, abs, rowing, squats (yuck!), and push-ups. It was rough, but they played some really loud 80's hair band songs and that helped motivate us through it. I have scheduled my drug test for the USPS job and have until the 22nd to get it done. I don't do drugs so I know that will be a piece of cake. Although, I'm a little nervous because I've heard poppy seeds will cause a positive result and I've had some everything pretzel chips in the last week which have poppy seeds on them. I doubt they will show up though. I'm also looking into trying to get a telecommuting job which will give me really flexible hours so that I can accommodate anything needed with the post office. Katie, you should check out this site: FlexJobs It is a job search site that features legit work at home job opportunities. You create a profile, upload your resume, etc. and you can even take skills tests that show up on your profile. There are tons of jobs to search through and apply for and they aren't scams, which is great!

Melissa, I'm glad you're doing well. I really have to try that salmon recipe one of these days. Have you tried it with the fennel yet?

Joanna, how have you been? How is running going?
February 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Sarah I'm defiantly going to look into that website. The job that I applied for went well. They are going to call me Monday and set up an "official interview" but from what we talked about I have the job if I want it. Now I have some deciding to do. I would LOVE to have the job. The only issue is with me going to see the RE I'm going to have a lot of appointments and right now I have 2 weeks of vacation saved up and I have been at my job for 4 years so I could take off for appointments, with a new job I really wouldn't be able to. So now I'm stuck. I also don't think staying where I'm at now is helping the situation because I'm under so much stress. DH and I keep talking about it and it might come down to how much money the new place offers me. If it's a lot more than I'm making now... I'm not sure I could pass it up especially if the RE would have us do IVF. So we might have to put the RE plan on hold (or see them and go from there) but if it's going to cost a lot I'd rather have a better paying job to save for it than have to take out a huge loan and then not be able to stay at home when we have a child. So yeah I'm confused What would you do???

My blog

February 17th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Katie, that is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you and I know you will be so much happier there. I totally understand your predicament and it is a tough one. First and foremost, I say leave your old job in the dust no matter what. It isn't worth it if you are miserable there. The stress is bad for overall health, TTC, and pregnancy. Second, I would be up front with the new job when you go in for your "official" interview. I would let them know that you have some pre-planned appointments coming up and see what their flexibility is in terms of allowing you those days off. Since you'd be so new, they would be unpaid, but they may be open to letting you take the days off since it was something you've already planned. You don't have to go into details about what the appointments are for, but if they have a heads up, they'll appreciate that and should be willing to work with you. If you have 2 weeks of vacation saved up from your old job, when you leave, they should be required to pay you for those. Usually it's not the entire salary...I think it's 1/2. But, that money should cover you for missed days at your new job. Another thing, depending on when you'll be able to get your appointment with the RE, is you could give your old job 2 weeks notice and also say you're taking your 2 weeks vacation after that. So, that gives you a month before you'd need to start the new job and you could go to the RE at least a few times in those 2 free weeks. This all depends on when the new job would need you, though. Did all that make sense? I feel like I rambled a lot, lol.
February 17th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Sarah your right. I need to get away from the toxic job that I'm in now. I just need to jump in to the new one with both feet and let them know ahead of time what is going on and hope that they still want to offer me the position. DH told me last night he will be behind me 100%. I guess I'm just worried because right now that's the only good thing about my job is I have the time to take off and if I get a new one and get pregnant I'm considered high risk so I'm going to have lots of appointments and the doctors office is 1 1/2 hours away.

My blog

February 17th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Katie I'm so excited for the new opportunity you have and I agree with everything Sarah said, you definitely need to get away from your current job. Way too much stress and when you do get pregnant you don't want all that stress. I think after your interview on Monday you should have a better idea of how much they will work with you.

Sarah I think your okay with the poppy seeds. I had heard of that but I think you would have to eat a whole bunch of poppy seeds for it to test positive. Your workouts sound like so much fun. I'm looking foward to getting back into some nice hardcore workouts in a few months. I have not tried the fennel yet, can't find it at the store here. I'll find the recipe and post it in the recipe section so you can try it. It is delicious without the fennel so I know with the fennell it will be awesome.

Tonight I'm going home to do some cleaning so that's my workout tonight. I'll probably just take it easy this weekend and try to get back into some workouts next week.

Katie let us know how it goes on Monday. I'm so excited for you!!

February 18th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Katie, I agree with Melissa. On Monday, you should get a pretty good feeling of how they operate and what restrictions they might have. I love that your DH is so supportive. He definitely loves you and it's obvious that he worries about your health and well-being. When you are happier in your job, I think that everything else will fall into place.

Melissa, I looked in my grocery store just to see if there was fennel there, and I didn't see any either. It must be really out of season. I'm also not sure how it is sold. It has such a powerful flavor that you wouldn't need much at all so if it's only sold in big bunches, it could be a total waste...unless you decided to put it in salads and other things throughout the week. I will have to make a special salmon dinner for my BF soon. I used to hate salmon but for some reason, I developed a taste for it and absolutely love it. And it is SO good for you!
I'm taking it easy this weekend. I may do some cleaning just for a little exercise. It is also supposed to be pretty nice out, so I may take the dog for a walk. I know she'd really love it.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
February 19th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Hey ladies!!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Sarah huge to you today. How are you handling it? Are you doing anything special for your angel.

Melissa how are you feeling? I searched for fennel and couldn't find it either so maybe it's a seasonal thing or maybe they only sell it in certain states/areas!?!

I have not done a whole lot this weekend. DH decided to share his nice head cold with me so I've been trying to rest and drink lots of fluids.

My blog

February 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Sarah just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you today and hoping your doing okay. Did you do anything special today?

February 22nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Awwwwww....you ladies are the best! I really didn't do anything special. I was sad, but tried to not let myself wallow in it. I basically just treated myself to a lazy day watching mindless fluff on Bravo. Monday, I was back in the swing of things. I did the ab/toning class that night and it really felt so good! Yesterday I did a killer workout of the day and then spent 20 minutes on the treadmill for some 5k training. Tonight it's another ab/toning workout and probably more treadmill work. Feels good!! My eating hasn't been that great though. Melissa, I need you to cook for me every night! LOL!!

I did my drug test for the USPS and I'm sure I passed because today I had to go in and fill out a health questionnaire. It was so weird. It was like those assessment tests we used to take in junior high...with the #2 pencil and filling in the little circles. Hopefully I'll start my training in the next week or so.

Katie, have there been any developments with your new prospective job? How did the interview go?

Melissa, how are you doing? Anything good on the menu?

Joanna, we miss you!!
February 23rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Sarah so glad that the job is moving right along. You'll be working for the post office before we know. And you are doing awesome on your workouts. I know how good it feesl to get in a good workout. Makes you feel so good when your done.

I haven't been that great this week with workouts. Just some pilates and I did some Kettlebells..lol on Monday. We had cedar plank salmon last night which was great. I ordered these cedar planks and you soak them in water all day then put your salmon on them and cook on the grill. The grill cooks that cedart taste into the salmon and is so yummy. DH is out of town today and tomorrow so tonight I am thinking of cooking me an egg sandwich. Just something easy.

Katie how are you doing? Did you get your appointment with the RE set up? Any news on the job at the paint supply store?

Sarah when is your 5K race? I ran a half marathon last April and it was so much fun, I'm sure you will have a blast.

Joanna how are you doing? are you still running? training for any races?

February 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hey ladies! I have been doing horrible with my workouts! DH & I have been sick so we have just been lounging around the house the past 2 days drinking fluids and eating soup. I'm starting to feel better so hopefully back to work tomorrow. I have not had my interview with the company yet. They ordered a background check and we are waiting until they get that back (which will be clear). My RE called me today and told me they are waiting on my records from the one hospital yet but as soon as they get that they will be calling to schedule me I'm actually getting nervous about seeing then!

Sarah you will be starting your job soon! Wohoo! And I agree with Melissa you are rocking it with your workouts! Stay motivated girl!

Melissa that Salmon sounds delish! Pilates are such a fun workout. How have you been feeling?

Joanna how are you doing??

My blog

February 24th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Katie and Melissa, you two have good reasons for not working out!! I hope you aren't beating yourselves up about it. I'm glad you're feeling better, Katie. Being sick is no fun!! That's exciting about the background check! It sounds like this job is basically yours for the taking! Yippee!!! I totally understand being nervous about going to see the RE. I remember being worried about what they might say. BUT, it was also such a great feeling at the same time! It's one more step forward to getting your rainbow baby!

I didn't work out today. I thought about it, but I'm still sore from yesterday's workout and I figured that going to the gym 4 days in a row was plenty. Melissa, my 5k is April 14th. I've only trained once for it so far...oops! I'm still doing the regular workouts, but we're supposed to prepare ourselves on the treadmill 3 days a week. It's so hard to do that along with the cross training and toning. One of the gym instructors asked me yesterday if I've noticed a difference. I told her that my BF can't pinch my rear end anymore so I consider that quite an accomplishment and a good line of defense! LOL! My best friend complained to her that her boobs weren't growing yet and she was disappointed with that. I told her that I didn't think the workouts would actually help in that area. Hahaha!!

What do you all have planned for the weekend? I have a date tonight with my BF and hopefully we'll get in a BD session. I'm having major O pains right now and I'd like to get another session in before it's too late.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search