Workout Check In March 5-11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi!!

So DH and I got up and went to the gym this morning... it was kind of sad because we're in such bad shape and we had to be careful not to overdo it and hurt ourselves!

But it felt good and I'm pretty proud of us for even following through and getting there! I did 30 minutes of cardio and then a little weight work on my upper body. I think we're going to try and do that 2 or 3 times a week and then swim a time or two...

How's everyone's Monday?

March 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay Becky!!! It's definitely best to no go all out and overdo it when you haven't been to the gym in a while. Your workout sounds awesome!! My gym is so tiny...there's no pool. I really wish there was. What I think is so great about working out, is that you start to automatically eat healthier too. I find that when I am done with a workout, I crave healthy veggies and protein...and not my usual favorite fried foods. And when I eat fried foods, I tend to feel crappy after. I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow. Doesn't it feel good?

I just got back from the gym. I did a little cardio on the treadmill and then the ab/toning class. As always, it hurt a ton but feels good now. I wasn't great about working out last week so I need to kick it into high gear this week. Oh, and Becky...there was a woman at the gym today who used to live in Missoula! We both talked about how much we'd love to go back. I wish it wasn't so dang expensive! I miss Montana SOOOOOOOO much!

I am starving right now. I'm going to have a salad with chicken, boiled eggs, and turkey bacon on it. I'm waiting for the eggs to cook and it's torture!!!!

How are the rest of you all doing? Anything fun on the agenda?
March 6th, 2012, 06:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah your salad sounds so awesome!! I've been eating really healthy but my workouts have been lacking. I'm doing about 20 minutes each day which seems to be all I have the energy for. DH is out of town today through Friday so I'm hoping that maybe I'll feel up to getting in a good workout. Not having to cook dinner may give me a bit more energy.

Sarah and Becky sounds like you both are getting in some good workouts and yes Becky don't overdue it at first. You'll build up your strength and soon be working out all the time. I agree that working out always leads to healthy eating. You don't want to waste all your hard work on fried food.

Any news on the job front ladies? I hope you guys have gotten some good news!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tuesday!!

It's actually my Monday so I'm trying to be positive about things!

So we got up and went to the gym again this morning. Just treadmill for me this morning. I'm sore from the weight training that I did yesterday so I took a day off of that. DH is loving the weight stuff though! He's put on about 20 pounds since we got together and it's really been bugging him. So he feels really good about the gym stuff. I do to, and I can tell a difference in my energy level already.

We joined a really nice gym... lots of classes, lots of equipment, good size pool and hot tub, saunas, spa, racquetball/squash courts, etc. We debated about buying an elliptical machine, but we both love the pool so we thought we'd give it a try. We have a corporate account with them and got a great deal and didn't have to sign a contract, so we figured why not...

Food wise it does help a lot. The best thing for me is that we've been having breakfast together when we get home. I usually don't eat anything until I get a break at work around 2 pm, so my body is loving that I'm feeding it in the morning! This morning we had cereal and yogurt and I made breakfast smoothies with tofu, bananas, frozen fruit and cranberry pomegranate juice! Really yummy!

I'm hoping that if I get into this habit now I'll be able to keep it up after I get pregnant next week! (Again, thinking positively! )

March 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Becky, that's awesome!!! Your gym sounds really nice! I think I'd want to move in there! Are you going to be taking any of the classes? I know you won't be able to do Zumba, which stinks...but hopefully they have some other fun classes for you to choose from.

I did the workout of the day today. It was actually not too bad, which makes me really nervous about tomorrow's workout. I have a feeling it'll be brutal.

Where are the rest of you ladies? How are you all doing?
March 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM
hey ladies, Becky you are off to a great start!! Just keep up the good work.

Sarah so glad that you are keeping up with your workouts. How are things going with you and BF? Are they better?

No workout for me today. Just way too tired. I did eat good today and hopefully i can get in a good workout tomorrow.

March 7th, 2012, 04:48 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Becky you are doing great Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will love the results especially once you get pregnant next week

Sarah I hope your workout today isn't too brutal I know if I push myself too hard one day it makes me not want to go the next day so I try to keep it about the same each day.

Melissa I wouldn't worry about working out the days you do not feel up to it with your eating healthy. Your such a trooper doing it this long and before you know it you will be back to working out regularly without being as exhausted

AFM I've really been slacking on the working out part. I have been watching what I eat but we have been going through a lot and have been busy. I'm hoping next week to get back into the swing of things with the gym

Hope you ladies are having a great day!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I totally understand how life can get in the way of working out. When we are busy all day, stressed, or pregnant (you're in the home stretch now, Melissa!! Yay!!!), it's so hard to fit in a workout...especially if it means going somewhere. I won't be able to go at all for two weeks starting March 19 because I'll be doing USPS training an hour away and won't get home in time. It's going to really suck. I could go on Saturday mornings, but the gym is only open until 9 and getting up that early to work out is really hard for me.

Katie, what is going on with your new job? Did they do the background check yet? I would think the results would've come back by now. Don't worry about not working out lately. You have a lot going on.

Melissa, you really are a trooper! Don't feel bad for not feeling up to working out. You're in excellent shape and you eat incredibly well. That baby of yours is going to come out doing kettle corn exercises! LOL! My BF and I are doing well. Tonight I'm cooking him dinner and we're going to catch up on a bunch of episodes of Alcatraz (love that show!). Unfortunately, it will not be the healthiest meal because he wants lasagna. I don't care though, because it's going to be delicious! Plus, I'm going to make a really healthy salad. And, I'm going to give the leftovers to my best friend and her family.

Becky, are you still sore today? It will get better! And then you'll be introduced to a different thing and start all over with the pain! LOL! It's all good though!
March 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hey ladies. I hope you guys are having great Mondays. Just wanted to let you know that I am posting a recipe for a tropical fruit salad in the recipe section. It is awesome!! It got it out of a new healthy cooking recipe book I just got and it is my new favorite thing. I am trying a new salmon recipe and a new chicken recipe this week so if they are good, I'll post them too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search