Workout Check In March 26-April 1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies!! Happy Monday!!! I hope you all had a great weekend!!

What are all of your workout plans for this week? What about awesome food? I am out of town for my job training, staying in a dinky motel with no gym so my only option is walking my dog. It's really cold and windy out though, so I don't think we'll be doing any long walks. I am also surrounded by fast food so this will be a terrible week for eating. I am not setting a good example for us this week. Hopefully the rest of you will have some good workout stories to share.
March 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to do 30 min Zumba tonight before eating dinner. I have left over rainbow trout and that I planned to eat tonight. Perhaps I will mix this into a wrap, I have not decided yet.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
March 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'll bet that would be fantastic in a wrap! Great idea!! I'll have to look for trout at my supermarket. I'm not sure if I can find it. If not, I'm sure that recipe would be great with salmon too. I am really missing working out. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes. Have fun with the Zumba!
March 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I had a sundried tomato wrap and I put baked trout (left over) with sliced tomato and spinach leaves and sprinkle of balsamic vinagrette.
I enjoyed zumba today but somehow my shoulder muslces did not quite want to do the work out today but I pushed through. Tomorrow is an off day and I will be back to zumba on wednesday.

March 27th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Oh YUM!! I'll bet that was delicious!!! I totally understand what you mean about muscles not wanting to work. Sometimes they have a mind of their own.

I have come to the conclusion that my ovulation is delayed because I haven't been working out. Before I started working out, I would ovulate later unless I was on Clomid. In January, I started working out regularly, and I started ovulating on CD 13-14. In the past few weeks, I haven't had the opportunity to exercise and here I am on CD 18 with no ovulation yet. I'm not positive that the two are related, but it definitely seems like that could be the reason.

How are the rest of you ladies doing? Did you forget about us?
March 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning Ladies!!

DH managed to get me out of bed to go to the gym this morning...

I'm sooooo nauseated right now! I even took a breakfast bar with me to eat on the way, hoping that would calm the queasies a bit, but nope! I did manage to do half an hour on the treadmill and some good stretching and I'm sure I'll feel better for it...

The good thing is that I feel way more pregnant now than I ever have before... the bad thing is that makes it awfully hard to get my butt moving in the morning! And of course all of the zumba classes at my gym are scheduled during my work hours! I'm thinking about getting the wii version to try...

March 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah you might be onto something with a correlation between your ovulation and working out. Might be worth a mention to your dr.

Becky sorry about the nausea but if your anything like me the nausea is a wonderful feeling. I know for a long time I enjoyed the nausea because it made me feel pregnant and reassured.

Lovissa your meals sound awesome. I love rainbow trout.

I'm still on bed rest so no working out for me right now. Good news is that at my appointment last week I was still just 3 cm dilated so the bed rest is helping and the labor has stopped for now. I had a u/s and the baby weighs 5 lbs 3 oz so he's still pretty small. I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow so the dr wants me to remain on bed rest until atleast 37 weeks. I'm finally getting my appetite back from that terrible stomach bug I had but since I'm on bed rest I have been at the mercy of DH for dinners. He does okay but no where near what I like to cook. I have a few new recipes that I want to try so hopefully I'll get to soon. If they are good, I'll post the recipes. DH did make me some fruit salad so I have been enjoying that.

I hope the rest of you ladies are able to get in some good workouts. I'll just cheer you on until I am able to get back into working out. It's funny now that I can't workout, I'm exhausted. I guess the working out really does give you more energy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 28th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Becky, yay for morning sickness!!! I hope that the exercise helps ease it though, and also helps with your energy.

Melissa, I'm sorry you are still on bed rest. It must be driving you nuts. But, I'm glad your little man seems nice and comfy. My SIL was put on full bed rest early in her pregnancy because of an incompetent cervix. When 37 weeks finally arrived, she was allowed to be up and about. She kept expecting to go into labor shortly after that, but my niece ended up being late and they had to induce her.

I did some research online and found a lot of stuff saying that regular, moderate exercise can definitely help regulate the menstrual cycle. They warned that too much or too little could throw things off. I'm pretty confident that's why I've ovulated so late. I temped this morning and I ovulated yesterday. Unless those spermies are super strong, I have absolutely no chance of a BFP this cycle. I'm bummed, but it was out of my hands. Oh well.
March 28th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Sarah here's hoping that the sperm are super strong this month. Have you and BF thought anymore about doint the IUI or IVF? Might be the answer for you guys.

Bed Rest is not that bad since I know that it is helping our little boy and I only have 2 more weeks until 37 weeks. And your probably right I'll stay on bed rest until 37 weeks and then this little guy will wait until past his due date to make an appearance..lol.

How is everybody else doing?

Becky how's the morning sickness?

March 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBozeman View Post
Morning Ladies!!

DH managed to get me out of bed to go to the gym this morning...

I'm sooooo nauseated right now! I even took a breakfast bar with me to eat on the way, hoping that would calm the queasies a bit, but nope! I did manage to do half an hour on the treadmill and some good stretching and I'm sure I'll feel better for it...

The good thing is that I feel way more pregnant now than I ever have before... the bad thing is that makes it awfully hard to get my butt moving in the morning! And of course all of the zumba classes at my gym are scheduled during my work hours! I'm thinking about getting the wii version to try...
I am doing Zumba on the Wii system at home and it really works great. I really like it. Try it out.

March 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Sarah here's hoping that the sperm are super strong this month. Have you and BF thought anymore about doint the IUI or IVF? Might be the answer for you guys.
Doing the IUI or even IVF is definitely still on my mind, but with my job situation so up in the air right now, it's kind of on hold. With my job position at the USPS, I don't qualify for health insurance for a year (the union is working on getting that restriction dropped) so I'd have to pay for it out of pocket. I really need to watch my finances right now until employment evens out. If I get pregnant before I am eligible for the health insurance, then I'll be able to get on the state health insurance program so at least the pregnancy/labor/pediatric care would be covered.

Lovisa, I'm glad you're enjoying the Wii Zumba. Aren't some of those dances so much fun? I love workouts that don't feel like a chore.
March 28th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Lovisa, I'm glad you're enjoying the Wii Zumba. Aren't some of those dances so much fun? I love workouts that don't feel like a chore.
Yes it is sometimes a challenge to keep up however I like it very much.
I was planning on doing it today but AF decided to appear late last night and I have not done many nautical knots today. I will pick it up tomorrow.

March 29th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Nautical knots! I love it!! I totally know what you mean though. The beginning of AF can be so rough!

Ladies, I am on fast food overload. I feel so gross!!! Last night I was craving soup so I could have something healthy and hearty. I stopped at Tim Hortons (never been there before) and they had yummy turkey/rice soup. I also got a hot chicken pesto panini on multi-grain bread. It was SO good!! I also got a glazed donut and told the guy that I needed to see if their donuts were as good as Krispy Kreme. It wasn't as good...but better than Dunkin Donuts.
March 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Yes that sounds a bit healthier than the fast food options that are close by. I know what you mean by feeling gross after eating high carb high fat (not so good for you fats). I try to avoid all that fast food is unless they offer a yummy wholesome salad.

March 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sarah don't beat yourself up about not eating that great. You can just jump back on the workout train and eating good train and you'll be right back on track. Now you have me wanting a Krispy Kreme doughnut, sounds delish. I hope you are able to get pregnant without medical help sounds like right now that would be what would work for your insurance and finace situation.

Lovissa, I am definitely going to try Zumba after this baby gets here. The other ladies have bragged about how much fun it is and I want to try it.

I'm still hanging in there, 35 weeks 1 day. We are just counting the days and hoping that he stays in for a while longer. I did make some chicken parm last night which was awesome. I don't know if I posted the recipe or not but I'll check, if I haven't I'll definitely post it. I got it out of my Body for Life recipe book and it is great.

March 29th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I worked out tonight when I got home for 30 min zumba low impact.
I had a salmon burger with fiber enriched whole grain bread. I mixed miracle whip with little lemon juice and balsamic vinagrette and spread that on the open face piece of bread. two pieces of romain lettuce leaves, salmon burger, slices of tomato. A side of fresh steamed green beans. I feel good.
I have I think almost lost 2 lbs since I started this last week Monday.

Melissa - I hope your baby boy continues baking for several more weeks.

March 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Lovissa I'm going to start stealing some of your recipes. they sound awesome!!

March 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Lovissa I'm going to start stealing some of your recipes. they sound awesome!!
You are more than welcome! My hubby bought a box of pre-made salmon burger patties. They really do taste good right off the grill (we have a charcoal grill. Yum.
Next perhaps would be a veggie burger.

March 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
I worked out yesterday for 30 min. Today I am taking a day off. I have some roid trouble and it flares up when I do my workout.

March 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!!

Lovisa it sounds like you're doing great!!

Sarah - are you home yet?? Have you recovered from your fast food overload?

Melissa - how's bed rest treating you? Have you found anything to pass the time?

I'm really struggling with my mornings. I feel so much worse when I wake up and I've only managed to make it to the gym twice this week. It sucks because I know that I feel better for the rest of the day when I go, but I feel so crappy when I wake up that I just want to roll over and go back to sleep! Ugh... And I'm having a hard time today because DH said something last night without thinking and really hurt my feelings... so of course I cried like crazy! And woke up with a headache and puffy eyes on top of the nausea... poor DH feels awful. He was so upset last night and apologized up and down and said he was ashamed of himself. It was a thoughtless little stupid thing, but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things so now I'm starting to feel bad that he feels so bad.... hormones are great!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search