Workout check in April 2-8

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Weight-loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Ladies
Just checking in to see how your workout have been so far this week?

My check in 4-3-2012:
I have laid low with working out as my bum has been acting up. Now I am hoping to do something that does not include alot of movement on my lower body. I will have to do some other workout moves as Zumba seems to aggrivate the issue.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
April 4th, 2012, 06:16 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having issues, Lovisa. That must be frustrating for you! Let us know what workout you discover and whether you like it.

I feel so gross after being away from the gym for so long. I am planning on going tomorrow and since it's been so long, I imagine it will just about kill me. I can't wait though. It will hurt, but feel so good at the same time.

How is everyone else doing? Melissa, how is bed rest going? Becky, are you still getting crazy morning sickness? Does the gym help at all? Katie, how are things going for you? Are you still hitting the Y? Did you start your new job yet?
April 4th, 2012, 07:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies. Hope you both are able to get back into the swing of those workouts soon. Lovisa, hope you feel better soon.

As for me I just hit 36 weeks today so I am so relieved. Still on bed rest and most likely will be until next Wednesday when I hit 37 weeks. I still don't think dr will release me to workout until after baby is born. If I do anything other than just sit I start having contractions so I'm sure a workout would definitely send me into labor. The baby did drop yesterday so I think labor is imminent as I believe that in second pregnancies babies drop right before labor. I'm ready but just want him to wait as long as he needs to be as healthy as he can be.

I did make a new shrimp recipe on Monday but it was no good. Always makes me mad when I try something new and it is not that great. It smelled wonderful but then just tasted bland. Oh well. I'm definitely going to try that lemon chicken that Lovisa posted soon.

Sarah did you ever try that fruit salad? that has become my favorite snack.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 4th, 2012, 08:36 AM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am feeling better after taking some pain pills and relax the muscle down there. Now it is just swollen but I am fine.
I am going try a little less jump around approach work out that is called 4-3-2-1. This is 4 min to get the heart rate pumping, 3 min of core training (strength) and two min of core and 1 min of stretch. That is at least a plan B for workout.

I have since I changed my eating habits lost about 4 lbs. In about 2.5 weeks went from 206.9 to about 202.2 or 202.1 lbs
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
April 4th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies...

I've been really sucking at the whole exercising thing! I'm so tired all day, on top of the nausea, that it's hard to make myself do anything. Then I get in bed and my brain turns on and I can't get to sleep! It's driving me crazy! The nausea has toned down a bit, I've only thrown up a few times... but I'm nauseated pretty constantly. And I'm having a hard time eating, between the nausea and feeling SO very bloated all the time.... so at least I'm not eating lots of bad stuff...

April 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Becky, I'd say sorry about the morning sickness, but I'm actually psyched because I take it as a good sign. I know you probably feel miserable, but it'll all be worth it. Please make sure you're getting enough fluids at least. Try drinking pedialyte or something like that to keep you from getting dehydrated. Soup is good too.

Melissa, you are so in the home stretch now!!! I am so excited for you!!! I swear it feels like just yesterday when you got your BFP. I'm glad you're taking it easy and that your little man has stayed put.

Lovisa, that is so great about the weight loss!! That workout sounds really fun. Core exercises can be so brutal, but in the end, they make you feel so good.

I finally got to go to the gym today and it was so good to be back!! The workout of the day consisted of 5 rounds of 500 meter rows, 21 kettlebell () swings, and 15 grasshoppers. Since it had been so long, I only had to do 3 rounds. That was enough for sure. The weird thing is that I lost about a pound during those weeks that I was eating fast food and not working out. Maybe I've stumbled upon a new diet fad? LOL!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search