a friendly shoulder or words of wisdom

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Regular
hi all.. i was pointed in this direction so here iam

iam a mum of 2 boys age 6 and 10.. and my problem is that they have me feeling so down sometimes.. their behaver is difficult beyond belief... its got to the point that no one will watch them for me cause they cant cope.. not even for 10 mins while i nip to the shop... but i get it worst of all.. they are violent, call me names.. break things.. i have tried parenting classes and the oldest one is having anger management classes.. but it does nto seam to help at home.. i feel like they hate me .. in fact they tell me so.

Even the smallest request gets me a mouthfull of abuse...its not that iam a push over either.. i try my hardest to have disapline... but the more they get me down the harder it is... my partner is useless.. the kids love him to bits.. and listen to him but the moment he walks out the door for work or anything else they start again.

i have no friend near by as i can never get out to see anyone or take the kids out cause they cause such a fuss that no one wants them round.. on saying that both boys are bright and their school work is great.. and the only time school have issues with te oldest one is at lunch time cause he does not interact well on theplayground.. he gets bullied and bullies himself..

they also steal from my purse even though when ever i have spare money i buy them the sweets and thing they want.. . but they still act like i never do anything nice for them..
December 30th, 2005, 09:29 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
hi all.. i was pointed in this direction so here iam

iam a mum of 2 boys age 6 and 10.. and my problem is that they have me feeling so down sometimes.. their behaver is difficult beyond belief... its got to the point that no one will watch them for me cause they cant cope.. not even for 10 mins while i nip to the shop... but i get it worst of all.. they are violent, call me names.. break things.. i have tried parenting classes and the oldest one is having anger management classes.. but it does nto seam to help at home.. i feel like they hate me .. in fact they tell me so.

Even the smallest request gets me a mouthfull of abuse...its not that iam a push over either.. i try my hardest to have disapline... but the more they get me down the harder it is... my partner is useless.. the kids love him to bits.. and listen to him but the moment he walks out the door for work or anything else they start again.

i have no friend near by as i can never get out to see anyone or take the kids out cause they cause such a fuss that no one wants them round.. on saying that both boys are bright and their school work is great.. and the only time school have issues with te oldest one is at lunch time cause he does not interact well on theplayground.. he gets bullied and bullies himself..

they also steal from my purse even though when ever i have spare money i buy them the sweets and thing they want.. . but they still act like i never do anything nice for them..[/b]
Hi Lisa, and to our board. I'm Krista (the one who directed you here ), host here. I will start with an intro. from me. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom to 3 (below). I became host to this board because I am always researching the medical needs of my daughter, Anika (she is 3 an ex-preemie and has a LOT of medical and physical disabilities), so I might as well help anyone else out who needs to research anything. I'm also very interested in supporting the parents- since I know what it's like to feel like I'm dealing with these types of issues all by myself.
That said, I am also and Auntie to 3 boys- all of which have autism in varying degrees. Before I can give you any advice on evaluations, I need to know where (vaguely) you live. In the US? Which state if you're in the US?

</div>
December 30th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Regular
hi there,,iam in fact from the UK..
December 30th, 2005, 08:41 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's what I was thinking
I don't know exactly how it works in the UK. Here, we would ask for an evaluation by the school district (and they have to comply). I would definately look into having the kids evaluated and maybe putting them all in seperate counseling and family counseling. What do you think about that?

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search