Hello Everyone!

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Mom2Type1
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and my daughter Morgan was diagnosed in October 2003 with Type 1. We pumped for a while, but now we're back on injections. ( which she is really growing tired of). The endo said we could go back to the pump if her A1C was good in April (it was over 10 in November). Her numbers are improving, so we're are praying to be back on the pump in the spring.

She's going through puberty now and so her sugars are all over the place. Yuck.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from all of you and maybe help the newly diagnosed.

Melissa
January 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
kimnels2003's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome Melissa!

Kim

"You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails."--Reverend Bernice A. King
January 14th, 2006, 09:26 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and my daughter Morgan was diagnosed in October 2003 with Type 1. We pumped for a while, but now we're back on injections. ( which she is really growing tired of). The endo said we could go back to the pump if her A1C was good in April (it was over 10 in November). Her numbers are improving, so we're are praying to be back on the pump in the spring.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from all of you and maybe help the newly diagnosed.

Melissa[/b]

I have a 13 year old going through puberty as well. OMG! It's awful. It is really hard managing the numbers. What made you decide to switch back to shots? I have thought about it sometimes, but for the most part the pump is easier. Anyways, welcome to the board! (Oh, by the way, I am Teresa, my son is Austin and he was diagnosed at 6, way back in 1997! I also have a crew of younger kids too, lol.)

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 14th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Mom2Type1
She was soooo tired of being attached to the pump. She asked the doc if she could go back to shots and she agreed. Now she regrets it.

This will the last switch....I'll have to retrain myself on using the pump.

Quote:
Quote:

Melissa[/b]

I have a 13 year old going through puberty as well. OMG! It's awful. It is really hard managing the numbers. What made you decide to switch back to shots? I have thought about it sometimes, but for the most part the pump is easier. Anyways, welcome to the board! (Oh, by the way, I am Teresa, my son is Austin and he was diagnosed at 6, way back in 1997! I also have a crew of younger kids too, lol.)

Teresa
[/b]
January 15th, 2006, 06:26 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Hi and welcome! I am Renee. I am 25 and was diagnosed with type 1 at age 2. I have never used the pump so I don't know much about it. Good luck on getting the A1C lower and getting back on the pump!!

January 15th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Mom2Type1
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm off to walgreens for prescription refills....
January 15th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Melissa! I have a 6yr old just diagnosed 11/05. The ladies here are wonderful and have a wealth of information.

Jenn
Jack 6 dx'd 11/17/05
Jared 4
Justin 3
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

January 16th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Veteran
Quote:

Melissa[/b]

Hello Melissa,

My name is Lisa & my son age 10 in March was diagnosed on June 6, 2005 ( a day I'll never forget). Welcome, this is a nice place to come to chat, vent , offer your advice to others & bring a smile to your face, & oh a tear from time to time..lol..

I am intereseted with the back & forth of the to pump or not to pump (that's the question..lol) as my family is still running this whole idea thru the mill. We currently use the Novolog Pen.
Take Care & Welcome to this site

Lisa
January 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Mom2Type1
Quote:
Quote:

Melissa[/b]

Hello Melissa,

My name is Lisa & my son age 10 in March was diagnosed on June 6, 2005 ( a day I'll never forget). Welcome, this is a nice place to come to chat, vent , offer your advice to others & bring a smile to your face, & oh a tear from time to time..lol..

I am intereseted with the back & forth of the to pump or not to pump (that's the question..lol) as my family is still running this whole idea thru the mill. We currently use the Novolog Pen.
Take Care & Welcome to this site

Lisa
[/b]

Well, we're on the Novolog pen now, and to be honest, I think I like pumping better. Always having insulin "With you" is a lot easier. I like the idea of her having insulin coming in constantly. We've seemed to have a lot more highs since we're back on injections. This puberty thing isnt helping either. She hates changing sets. I heard that they need to be changed every other day now instead of every three. If and when we go back to pumping, I need to work with her on changing her sites to somewhere other than her belly. It's really "thick" from scarring.

Her A1C was over 10 in November, the endo said if she brings it down, she could go back to pumping.

I agree, the day this all came about is one I'll never forget.

I'd be curious to hear everyone's "diagnosis story" if anyone wants to share. I would be happy to share mine as well.

Peace
January 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Well, we're on the Novolog pen now, and to be honest, I think I like pumping better. Always having insulin "With you" is a lot easier. I like the idea of her having insulin coming in constantly. We've seemed to have a lot more highs since we're back on injections. This puberty thing isnt helping either. She hates changing sets. I heard that they need to be changed every other day now instead of every three. If and when we go back to pumping, I need to work with her on changing her sites to somewhere other than her belly. It's really "thick" from scarring.

Her A1C was over 10 in November, the endo said if she brings it down, she could go back to pumping.

I agree, the day this all came about is one I'll never forget.

I'd be curious to hear everyone's "diagnosis story" if anyone wants to share. I would be happy to share mine as well.

Peace[/b]
Just a suggestion or two if you go back to the pump. They have a pump that holds more insulin. I wish that was the one we had gotten. We have to change sites out really frequently now because Austin goes through so much insulin. If you do switch back to the pump, I will go look up the info to find out what pump it was again.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 16th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Mom2Type1
We have a mini med, but I'm not sure of the insulin capacity.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search