I think Shane may have asthma

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
tattooedmommyof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
I don't think by any means that it is normal for my son to be weezing and grunting all of the time. meds don't work. Nothing helps. I need help coping.

My first goal.
February 10th, 2006, 08:43 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are right, that is not normal- you need to take him to a Dr. ASAP!
I don't know about asthma in such a young baby- but he needs help.

</div>
February 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM
tattooedmommyof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
He has a dr. appointment at 2:45 today, I don't think the dr will listen to me he never does.

My first goal.
February 10th, 2006, 09:21 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you're Ped. isn't listening to you, then that is not the Ped. for you. It's imparative to your children's health that you have a dr. that you can trust.
My daughter almost died because our Ped. at the time wasn't listening to me- thankfully, I switched Peds. that very day and saw a new Ped who admitted her to the PICU within 20 min. of being there. You really NEED to get a new Ped.

Is you son cyonotic? Does he turn blue around his mouth? lips? nose? In betwee? Fingers? tongue? This is a sign of low oxygen saturation, which is obviously not okay. If this is the case and if your Ped doesn't do anything, I would take him to the ER- they HAVE to listen to you there.

Please keep me posted. (((hugs)))

</div>
February 10th, 2006, 09:45 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow def get a new pedi....i am u have to for your son keep us updated

hugs
stephanie

February 19th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son is now 6 years old, and i'm wanting to let you know that my son actually told me that children didn't develope asthma and refused to treat him for anything but a cold. I finially told my sons father that we should take him to the ped hospital near us and all be darn if they didn't give him a neb treatment and put him on steriods and a neb treatment 3 times a night and did diagnose him with asthma, and when i took him back to his ped he agreed that i was right and said that it wasn't common for such a young child to be astmatic and i noticed that mikel usually only had problems when he would get a simple cold. For the most part he is not as bad, he can run, jump and play except when he has a cold.

Good luck and get a second opinion if he's wheezing and is having to breathe roughly then seek anyone that knows what they are doing. Good luck and hope he feels better.

lisa

Thank you SARA for my siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search