New members and lurkers...

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Welcome to Children's Health! Please introduce yourself in the sticky. Did you come here from another (merged) board? Were you looking for general topics? Come on in and say hello!
April 28th, 2010, 07:34 PM
*bump*
May 1st, 2010, 02:19 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
Hello!

I actually just happened upon this board and it seemed interesting My name is Ginny, I'm 26 and my husband, Andrew, is 31. We are the proud parents of an 8.5 month old girl named Alexandra "Allie"

May 4th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Jump right in! Glad to have you!
May 9th, 2010, 02:21 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just stopped in as someone told me the intact care & circ care board were merged into here. I hate to say I am a little disappointed in that decision....as I know those two topics are touchy for people & I liked seeing them separated...plus I am not sure if people even will realize they can post questions or topics here related to that since it is pretty much not allowed on most other boards really (to avoid debates popping up)....

But anyway - I am still here checking in from time to time.

Oh & I forgot I changed my siggie...LOL - I am Beckie (35) Married to Joel (37) and am the proud momma of two boys: Jonah aged three & Issac 11 weeks - who have bother been very healthy & for the most part treated naturally meaning we practice fullterm/child led nursing, avoid antibiotics, they are both intact, unvaxed, etc - we just avoid medical interventions whenever possible generally as a family & certainly for our children. So - pretty much I come here for the "intact part" because there are boards for the rest of those "health" topics like the homeopathic board, the choosing not to vax board, the BF past one year board, etc...LOL

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 9th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Not sure why the boards were merged. There are several here, actually. Probably from lack of interest or hosts, I imagine? That's why boards are usually merged.

Glad to have you here, though!
May 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi... lurker mostly... DD was recently diagnosed with a seizure disorder and I'm part of the dev'd delay board, since this one is in the same catagory I thought I'd check it out.

Wish they had a board for seizure disorder children (prob not much of a request for it though)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 12th, 2010, 03:02 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^ You could always request one. Most of these boards didn't used to be here....I requested the recurrent pg loss board actually. I just took some time & did some digging in posts & sought out others here that had RPL & had them back me up in the request. I am certain that you could do something similar...just pop into various boards & write a post asking if anyone there has a child with a seizure disorder...because yours does & you are looking for other mommas to talk to about it...then keep track of everyone's user names & make a list, etc & then you can request it & PM all of them to let them know it exists. In the meantime you could also suggest they come here to discuss it & you can post topics on it as well for the things that directly impact you....there are ways to gather these mommas together if you need the support. If you need any more input PM me anytime....I don't know much about seizure disorders, but I do know how to find the mommas you are looking for! I absolutely know a few other members that have children with various seizure disorders, so I know they are here.

Oh & welcome of course!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
I just stopped in as someone told me the intact care & circ care board were merged into here. I hate to say I am a little disappointed in that decision....as I know those two topics are touchy for people & I liked seeing them separated...plus I am not sure if people even will realize they can post questions or topics here related to that since it is pretty much not allowed on most other boards really (to avoid debates popping up)....
I know it was not a super active board, but I did refer to it from time to time and really liked being able to read or post about it without the whole circ vs intact thing.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
May 18th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I'm going to request subforums for this board. I think it'll help keep the main forum from getting so muddy when people come here looking for specific topics.

*Edit*

Rachel asked me to let all of you know that you can create Social Groups for the boards that were merged. There won't be any subforums for them. If you have questions or need help setting them up, you can pm her.

Last edited by BensMom; May 18th, 2010 at 08:47 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search