Circumcision outcome?

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Hi!

I will be having a baby boy in the near future, and my husband and I want to have him circumcised.

However, after looking around on the Internet, it seems that a lot of mothers are complaining of their boys not having enough skin removed, so that they end up with adhesions or other issues.
The way my husband was circumcised, there is no skin covering his tip and his scar (sorry to be so graphic!) is clearly visible, even when flaccid. This seems to prevent adhesions and is what I want for my son.

Of course, I realize that typically people post about problems, and not success stories, so I would like to see how many people actually get good circumcision outcomes on their sons.

Has anyone ended up with their son circumcised in this manner? Or are they almost all done without removing enough skin now?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!

-Kathy
February 26th, 2013, 06:40 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Both of my sons have never had any issues at all with theirs.

Here's the thing: If you go to ANY website that has a place for comments on a product or service, most of the comments will be bad. Why? Because people who are happy have no reason to complain. Yes, there are a few people who've had issues with their circumcision, and there are a few who've had issues by NOT having it done, but in the end, there are way-way-way more on both sides of the issue who have never had any problems at all. It's a personal choice, and the method should be discussed with your doctor.

I hope that helps. Finding out exactly how many people had good outcomes will be almost impossible, because this is a procedure that has been done worldwide for thousands of years.

Tags
circumcision

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search