Update on Caleb's Pump

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
calebsmom_paulswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we ended up in the hospital last night with strep throat, they admitted him for observation and now we have to wait 10 days to start the pump. It is so frustrating! I am ready now! Sorry to vent, it just ticks me off. We just got home tonight (it doesn't help that today is my anniversary!) and he will probably be home tomorrow. Thanks for listening all.
October 3rd, 2007, 04:16 AM
Veteran
I am so sorry Denise! I know how excited both of you were about it. Are they worried about a strep infection at the site if they start him on it? Hey, he's already in the hospital, might as well hook him up - at least that would be my feeling!! It's always something, isn't it? Riley came home from school yesterday crying that her ear hurt - sure enough, ear infection! I hope things go smoothly from here on out!
Steph
October 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM
New Update!
On Thursday we go to Columbus Childrens Hospital for button training, and put saline into the pump (AGAIN! GRRRRR!) and on Monday we enter the hospital for a 23 hour stay to go on insulin and get his basal rate. We are so excited. Pray that nothing happens to stop it this time PLEASE!
October 17th, 2007, 06:15 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Yay! Good luck! I am surprised they are admitting him to start the pump. They didn't do that with us. Interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 18th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Well we are now on our saline trial til Monday when they will admit him into Columbus Childrens Hospital (anyone care to come visit and make it better? arrgh!) He did very well during pump training...the end is in sight! I can't wait til Monday, but then on Thursday we have to drive right back down (another 2 hour drive one way) so they can access how we are doing in the first 48 hours. Will let you all know how it goes after monday!
October 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Wow, that's a lot of driving for you all! I'm kind of surprised that they admit him for the pump start. We are lucky that our endo is so close - 20 minutes w/o traffic, about 35+ w/ traffic. It's a little rocky at first but I'm sure you will both get used to it quickly - Caleb will probably be used to it in no time at all! Best of luck and keep us posted...
Steph

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search