Eye Boogers

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2007, 07:40 AM
MelKD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My (almost) 4-month old son's left eye starting tearing up a lot yesterday, and has had excessive eye boogers. No temperature, but as his mommy, I could tell he didn't feel well... It cleared up a bit last night, but is kind of starting again this morning. I went and got infant tylenol and motrin, just in case he did get a fever. Anything that goes wrong with his health concerns me because he is not current on his shots (the last shot he had was a HepB at his one month well-child visit, which consequently was the last Dr visit he had - we've been having issues with insurance).

My father said it's probably allergies. What do you guys think??

Keeping the November 2008 PR in my Prayers

October 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Sounds like conjunctivitis (pink eye) to me. If so, ignoring it can cause blindness, and besides, it's very painful. It's extremely contagious, so wash your hands after touching his eyes, and when you clean them, use only a warm, wet wash cloth. Don't wash both eyes with the same cloth or it'll spread.

Another (not so common) reason could be a problem with the tear duct itself. It's definitely worth a trip to the doctor.
October 14th, 2007, 12:37 PM
The eye isn't red, or even pink. The white part of the eye is white, the lid just gets slightly pink every now and then (when I wipe away the boogers, or he cries, etc) We have not been, nor have we had him, around anyone that has pink eye. So I'm hesitant on the possibility of that...

October 14th, 2007, 02:10 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Even if the eye isn't pink, and even if you haven't been around someone with it, it can still be some form of conjunctivitis. There are several strains. It's up to you. We're not doctors, and we can't run tests. We can only give you possibilities.
October 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM
You're right, and I thank you for your advice. Sounds like you know more about it than I do! I will keep it in mind as a possibility as I continue to monitor his eye.

October 15th, 2007, 04:21 PM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rdhdtrue
Allergies are high this time of year also. But I totally recommend going to the ped if it become worse.
October 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
It doesn't seem as bad as it was. And yes, this is allergy season, and practically everyone in my family suffers from allergies. I'm thinking that's wat it is, but I'm going to keep watching it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search